D5 Region 17

Basically if you separate the playoffs it will be open season on recruiting the privates would go after everyone and drop out of the OHSAA.
I hope they do drop out of the OHSAA lol they’re like a academ school it’s not public shouldn’t be considered the same thing. That’s like asking kids that live in a little small farm communitys like most d5-d7 schools and walk onto their small highschool football team to compete with kids that have all been recruited. They literally get to pick there height weight etc

Last edited:
I hope they do drop out of the OHSAA lol they’re like a academ school it’s not public shouldn’t be considered the same thing. That’s like asking kids that live in a little small farm communitys like most d5-d7 schools and walk onto their small highschool football team to compete with kids that have all been recruited. They literally get to pick there height weight etc
Let's save this topic for the off season. We basically rehash it every year.

As far as the pre-emptive playing of the "it's not fair" card, you might want to get ahold of the 2021 D4 final between Clinton-Massie & Youngstown Ursuline. I was there and still can't believe it happened.

If I was a Norwayne fan, I'd be more worried about my best player throwing a temper tantrum on the field again like he did at Dalton.

OHSAA is greedy money machine so you’ll never see it, but I can’t disagree with your logic

This is brought up every year. Mooney and Ursuline hear it all the time. Ursuline went through it in d4 when they would be 5-5 and have success and even in this same region a few years back. Good luck to the cards...I love it when the whiners come out.

Everyone whines but yet they are open enrollment schools. Its ridiculous.
Pretty simple for Norwayne; play like they did against CCC or Dalton it’s a loss. Play like they did against Ashland or Harrison, it’s a win.
but they shouldn’t play the private public debate. In terms of adjusted enrollment, Norwayne and Mooney are neck and neck. I believe the competitive balance formula works. The unadjusted numbers have Norwayne with 64 more boys. The CB adjusts that to near even. This is a regional quarterfinal game and those are never easy, and you get a home game. Take care of business with no excuses. Win or lose. South Range will play whomever wins, provided SR wins this week. You won’t hear it again, but it’s a fact that SR is the smallest adjusted enrollment of those teams. Everyone will strap on their helmets, and the game will be played.

Let's save this topic for the off season. We basically rehash it every year.

As far as the pre-emptive playing of the "it's not fair" card, you might want to get ahold of the 2021 D4 final between Clinton-Massie & Youngstown Ursuline. I was there and still can't believe it happened.

If I was a Norwayne fan, I'd be more worried about my best player throwing a temper tantrum on the field again like he did at Dalton.
We get it dude Dalton beat Norwayne 🙄. Lol not sure your vendetta against them. Every Norwayne post you have is basically mentioning the Norwayne vs Dalton game.

We get it dude Dalton beat Norwayne 🙄. Lol not sure your vendetta against them. Every Norwayne post you have is basically mentioning the Norwayne vs Dalton game.
No vendetta (but great use of the term!). Just ask anyone on the WCAL thread, I was as high on them as anyone not associated with the program before the season. The point I'm making is it was SHOCKING how Norwayne was manhandled by a team in their league. Now they're welcoming in as physical a Mooney team as we have seen in last 8-10 years. Doesn't bode well for Bobcats.

PS - great choice on the avatar.

Ha ha sorry hope my message didn’t come off as malicious. It’s HS football after all. I’ve been as critical as ever with this Norwayne team. Their defense hasn’t changed in years and it’s perplexing how they give up the big plays. I didn’t watch the Dalton game but to people I spoke with it looked like a completely incompetent squad.
Norwayne has been know for physicality and size but not this year.

rememeber when Smithville beat Akron Buchtel with their monstrous line? Completely dominated the LOS.
I think Norwayne loses by 2 scores. I believe this might be a high scoring affair. Let’s hope I’m wrong.

Ha ha sorry hope my message didn’t come off as malicious. It’s HS football after all. I’ve been as critical as ever with this Norwayne team. Their defense hasn’t changed in years and it’s perplexing how they give up the big plays. I didn’t watch the Dalton game but to people I spoke with it looked like a completely incompetent squad.
Norwayne has been know for physicality and size but not this year.

rememeber when Smithville beat Akron Buchtel with their monstrous line? Completely dominated the LOS.
I think Norwayne loses by 2 scores. I believe this might be a high scoring affair. Let’s hope I’m wrong.
When did Smithville play and beat Buchtel?

He has a strong strong very strong hate towards Norwayne … lol
Haha. Nope. Not even close. Thought they would dominate the WCAL & be fighting Garaway for the 2 seed. Obviously that didn’t happen & now they get to play a team that will be more physical than any other they’ve seen this year.

Hope that they pull it out but their recent history doesn’t make me optimistic.

Haha. Nope. Not even close. Thought they would dominate the WCAL & be fighting Garaway for the 2 seed. Obviously that didn’t happen & now they get to play a team that will be more physical than any other they’ve seen this year.

Hope that they pull it out but their recent history doesn’t make me optimistic.
lol I hope so to

Go raiiiiiiiiiideers
Man, ya gotta feel for Garfield. Their 2 losses are to teams who combined to lose 2 games this year and they end up with trek to SR in week 12. Ouch.

Ridgewood gets a 2nd shot at Garaway in 3 weeks. It’s difficult to beat the same team twice in one season let alone in a month, but probably not this time.

Fairless has 1 win when opponent gets above 21 points. Perry has only been under that vs Riverside & Kirtland. Falcons are not either one of those teams.

Man, ya gotta feel for Garfield. Their 2 losses are to teams who combined to lose 2 games this year and they end up with trek to SR in week 12. Ouch.

Ridgewood gets a 2nd shot at Garaway in 3 weeks. It’s difficult to beat the same team twice in one season let alone in a month, but probably not this time.

Fairless has 1 win when opponent gets above 21 points. Perry has only been under that vs Riverside & Kirtland. Falcons are not either one of those teams.
Raiders and pirates still on a collision course

*IF* the quarterfinals go as I expect, then the collision course is going to hit some real choppy waters in the semifinals. I guess we can discuss that when it happens, though. For now, I'd expect SR, Garaway and Perry to win with some comfort and Mooney to probably win with some comfort. We'll see.

*IF* the quarterfinals go as I expect, then the collision course is going to hit some real choppy waters in the semifinals. I guess we can discuss that when it happens, though. For now, I'd expect SR, Garaway and Perry to win with some comfort and Mooney to probably win with some comfort. We'll see.

I certainly hope you are correct, but I don't know about the Cardinals winning with some comfort or winning at all for that matter. I just hope they survive to potentially meet South Range.

GO CARDS!

Yeah, that is still the most likely outcome, but the trip there will not likely be easy.

Yeah, that is still the most likely outcome, but the trip there will not likely be easy.
SR 34-20 Garfield imho can keep this close
Garaway 35-7 could be a trap game but Garaway won't have a let down last game on the hill.
Perry 42-26 some of you are not taking this Fairless team seriously they have a great QB and RB and WR could be great game as Fairless runs almost the same offense as Garaway. Still think Perry wins but I'll be surprised is Fairless don't put up points. The falcons D is the problem won't be able to stop the pirates offense.

Kind of feels like Norwayne’s best shot is a 50 burger In a shootout? I think the only way to drag Mooney out into deep water is force them to put up north of 40 for only the 2nd time this year. SOS bros such as myself have their eyes fixed on Mooney.

Will be a tough game as the only private left though….