D5 Region 17

They only won 1 game last year. I see at least 4 or 5 wins on their schedule possibly. I also know they got a great skilled freshman player coming in this year.
Yeah a freshman‘s not gonna win them games. The only win i seeon their schedule is Youngstown East. Maybe Cheney, maybe like Catholic, and maybe that Lindsley school.

Yeah a freshman‘s not gonna win them games. The only win i seeon their schedule is Youngstown East. Maybe Cheney, maybe like Catholic, and maybe that Lindsley school.
Yes those 4, and maybe Lutheran, and Brush. The in coming freshman, is fast, and athletically skilled. He will break a few

What about Chagrin Falls? Anyone have eyes on them? Like the move down to V, but it’s been awhile since I’ve heard anything exciting about that program.

Ridgewood “should” have trouble replacing that many reps, but this region is chalk full of once greats, and other perennial quality programs.

While I have SERIOUS doubts about a 6-flat, honorable mention QB at Norwayne being a MAC prospect, they should be quite dangerous. (if we allow for last season’s youthful lack of discipline woes - another year older and what not)

Garaway had a great run last year for being what I thought was undersized, but I also recall them rotating a ton of bodies for a small school. Defense was near elite.

My top 10 teams with record prediction

Honorable mention
Youngstown Liberty Leopards (4-6)
Akron Manchester Panthers (6-4)

10. Fairless Falcons (7-3)
9. Youngstown Cardinal Mooney Cardinals (4-6)
8. Burton Berkshire Badgers (7-3)
7. Ridgewood Generals (7-3)
6. Garfield G Men (8-2)
5. Triway Titans (8-2)
4. South Range Raiders (8-2)
3. Perry Pirates (9-1)
2. Norwayne Bobcates (9-1)
1. Garaway Pirates (10-0)

Honorable mention

6. Garfield G Men (8-2)
5. Triway Titans (8-2)
3. Perry Pirates (9-1)
This sounds like a great order to me

Honorable mention

6. Garfield G Men (8-2)
5. Triway Titans (8-2)
3. Perry Pirates (9-1)
Who do you have beating Perry? Kirtland or Riverside or West Geauga?

Preliminary strength of schedule:

1.) Mooney - top 16 go… schedule accordingly
2.) Perry/Fairview - bigger schools but not exactly better? Fairview, who is this helping?
3.) Beachwood/Coshocton/South Range - Could very easily lobby to swap these with 2
4.) Norwayne - thanks OOC

Honorable mention

6. Garfield G Men (8-2)
5. Triway Titans (8-2)
3. Perry Pirates (9-1)
Didn’t Garfield lose a ton?

From what I know, QB who was comfortable out of the staple wing T, both leading receivers, and a 20+ TD rusher.

They return a lot defensively, but to me it's lack of conference strength in their tier of MVAC and reputation that puts them atop most lists...
Didn’t Garfield lose a ton?

From what I know, QB who was comfortable out of the staple wing T, both leading receivers, and a 20+ TD rusher.

They return a lot defensively, but to me it's lack of conference strength in their tier of MVAC and reputation that puts them atop most lists...
Brookfield should be the favorite in that conference and then Garfield/Labrae

Honorable mention

6. Garfield G Men (8-2)
5. Triway Titans (8-2)
3. Perry Pirates (9-1)
1. Garaway Pirates (10-0

Honorable mention

6. Garfield G Men (8-2)
5. Triway Titans (8-2)
3. Perry Pirates (9-1)
If your Pirates don't win the Region this year, it could be year(S) before they do! I believe they have all but 2 starters back from last year, on paper, they have a POWERHOUSE... Only giving up 7 pts per game last season was phenomenal. I'm sure Coach Wallick will have them well prepared each week & not looking ahead... I'm excited to see how the season unfolds, BIG expectations up on the HILL... The return of the IVC POY is why i'm picking your Pirates to win this Region..... As a Cardinal fan, i'll be following your Pirates!!!! All IMO.......

If your Pirates don't win the Region this year, it could be year(S) before they do! I believe they have all but 2 starters back from last year, on paper, they have a POWERHOUSE... Only giving up 7 pts per game last season was phenomenal. I'm sure Coach Wallick will have them well prepared each week & not looking ahead... I'm excited to see how the season unfolds, BIG expectations up on the HILL... The return of the IVC POY is why i'm picking your Pirates to win this Region..... As a Cardinal fan, i'll be following your Pirates!!!! All IMO.......
O thank you how does your cards look this yr? I know younger did the brothers graduate? I thought they were great players.

Maybe. But I think Sugarcreek needs a lot of help from Dalton, Indian Valley, and Ridgewood in terms of competition. Otherwise that schedule is cheeks. Garaway is good enough…just need pushed to punch all the way through.

They lose a decent amount, got the nice receiver back and they don’t have too many starters back, but they shuffled a lot of kids in during the game
Ok. I think they will take a step back from last year then. Some teams should be able to challenge them in the NE8 this year. Last year they just dominated most everybody, except maybe Poland

Ok. I think they will take a step back from last year then. Some teams should be able to challenge them in the NE8 this year. Last year they just dominated most everybody, except maybe Poland
Hubbard probably should have been a better game but they were massively out coached. I think most teams in the NE8 will be improved from last season. It’s gonna be a fun season week in and out

Maybe. But I think Sugarcreek needs a lot of help from Dalton, Indian Valley, and Ridgewood in terms of competition. Otherwise that schedule is cheeks. Garaway is good enough…just need pushed to punch all the way through.
I mean Bellaire is very good team wk 1 and Carrollton is also a great team that's a decent schedule.

No argument from me that the 2 IVC schools in this region expected to be toward the top have a somewhat suspect non-conference schedule.

Garaway
1 Bellaire - D6 this year and shadow of the dominant teams they had 15-20 years ago
2 Waynedale - D5 but pretty much the same.
3 Dalton - Great program. Toughest non-conference game on the schedule.
4 Carrollton - D4 made playoffs last year but got bounced hard against the first good team they played and somehow lost to a downright awful Marlington team in the regular season.
5 Strasburg - Crossover and just a horrible matchup that will probably be a running clock by the end of the 1st quarter. This crossover needs to go away too.

Ridgewood
1 Coshocton - See Bellaire and Waynedale above.
2 River View - Bad team every year.
3 Marlington- Assume will be another tough year for them, especially with all the off field issues going on.
4 West Branch - Toughest non-conference matchup for any IVC school with the exception of Indian Valley/Dover.
5 Malvern - Crossover, better than Strasburg for sure.

And sadly the only competitive games in the conference will probably be Way/Wood, Way/IV, Wood/IV. Sandy Valley may provide some competition. TV and Claymont are both a mess.

Last edited:
No argument from me that the 2 IVC schools in this region expected to be toward the top have a somewhat suspect non-conference schedule.

Garaway
1 Bellaire - D6 this year and shadow of the dominant teams they had 15-20 years ago
2 Waynedale - D5 but pretty much the same.
3 Dalton - Great program. Toughest non-conference game on the schedule.
4 Carrollton - D4 made playoffs last year but got bounced hard against the first good team they played and somehow lost to a downright awful Marlington team in the regular season.
5 Strasburg - Crossover and just a horrible matchup that will probably be a running clock by the end of the 1st quarter. This crossover needs to go away too.

Ridgewood
1 Coshocton - See Bellaire and Waynedale above.
2 River View - Bad team every year.
3 Marlington- Assume will be another tough year for them, especially with all the off field issues going on.
4 West Branch - Toughest non-conference matchup for any IVC school with the exception of Indian Valley/Dover.
5 Malvern - Crossover, better than Strasburg for sure.

And sadly the only competitive games in the conference will probably be Way/Wood, Way/IV, Wood/IV. Sandy Valley may provide some competition. TV and Claymont are both a mess.
My EXACT thought process regarding my post. Which is why a lot folks better hope a team like Mooney doesn’t put enough points together to get in, because that schedule is like a completely different sport. Comparatively.

Also. As it sits… still in July… Norwayne should feature one of the best tandem backfields in the state. Their demise was line execution last year so it might ba a positive that the line is new this year. If Stanley has receivers to throw to then I think Norwayne is literally built to abuse one of D5’s greatest defenses in Garaway. The pirates committing to that spread is a crime. Triway does the same thing every year all day… You know what the difference is between a great Triway team and bad Triway team? Whether or not they have the athletic pieces to pull it off. (QB/Wideouts) …and Garaway, has a lot of growing to do here. Norwayne is my pick early here. But I have BOTH eyes fixed on Mooney. (If they’ve put the moves in to have them on an upswing as reported)

Also. As it sits… still in July… Norwayne should feature one of the best tandem backfields in the state. Their demise was line execution last year so it might ba a positive that the line is new this year. If Stanley has receivers to throw to then I think Norwayne is literally built to abuse one of D5’s greatest defenses in Garaway. The pirates committing to that spread is a crime. Triway does the same thing every year all day… You know what the difference is between a great Triway team and bad Triway team? Whether or not they have the athletic pieces to pull it off. (QB/Wideouts) …and Garaway, has a lot of growing to do here. Norwayne is my pick early here. But I have BOTH eyes fixed on Mooney. (If they’ve put the moves in to have them on an upswing as reported)
My thoughts exactly if norwaynes line works well this year they will be very very hard to stop . And there qb can get it done with his feet and arm as well too