D5 Region 17

Bobcat as I Garaway fan I completely know where your coming from, look fans on here did not take Garaway seriously thought SR would walk all over us. And credit to SR for a great game one of the best games I ever saw. Norwayne is going to go far I got a feeling but of course I have to hope my Pirates go all the way.
I seen Norwayne win one in my life . Hopefully your pirates can win one for tusc county sometime in yours as well ! In my opinion SR Garaway and Norwayne could all be front runners

Norwayne needs to add Garaway to the schedule. We play alot of WCAL teams played Dalton waynedale we played Rittmen and Smithville.
2 games in a row of Dalton and Norwayne would def help for the playoffs . Norwayne lately seems to be scheduling a lot of d2-d3 teams . We have been playing Canton central Catholic the last couple years as well

I don't know what Norwayne has coming back. I know that last year they opened with Hubbard and closed with Springfield and got handled pretty good in both games. And I know SR dominated both those teams last year. And I know that Garaway played SR pretty much dead even.

If I recall correctly from the Garaway folks, they have a lot coming back including most of their oustanding defense. SR has gads of really good skill back. So, maybe Norwayne makes a big jump from 2021 to 2022. I don't know. But, IMO, they'll have to be A LOT better than they were last year to knock SR or Garaway from the top 2.

I don't know what Norwayne has coming back. I know that last year they opened with Hubbard and closed with Springfield and got handled pretty good in both games. And I know SR dominated both those teams last year. And I know that Garaway played SR pretty much dead even.

If I recall correctly from the Garaway folks, they have a lot coming back including most of their oustanding defense. SR has gads of really good skill back. So, maybe Norwayne makes a big jump from 2021 to 2022. I don't know. But, IMO, they'll have to be A LOT better than they were last year to knock SR or Garaway from the top 2.
Don't think anyone will argue that Garaway & SR are the top 2. I just want to know how many a "gads" is?

I think norwaynes last years team was young and really in experienced last year but I agreee with you ! Norwaynes returning there qb which could be a Mac prospect . And also there all Ohio running back and there have another good running back that was a sophomore last year as well that is returning . Norwayne will be replacing most of there offensive line and defensive like tho so how good they will be really comes down to there line. There offensive skill wise should be outstanding

Last edited:
I would have had SR (and probably Garaway) about 21-28 points better last year. SR won’t be as good. So, if Norwayne is about 14 points better then that’s do it for me for SR. Probably need to improve a little more for Garaway. Unscientific. JMO. And, for all I know, they will be that much better. Definitely respect Wayne County so we’ll see.

Norwayne was very very good last year just made dumb undisciplined mistakes with the ball . When we played Hubbard it was a whole new crew that had never played a varsity game . When we played Springfield we started off good about two drives in are star runningback broke his ribs and when your d6 and your star player goes down there isn’t a lot of backup lol. We had a lot of snap issues as well . No excuse just was stating. Norwaynes 2020-2021 team was good enough to go to state .. he’ll of a battle between them and Springfield

Norwayne was very very good last year just made dumb undisciplined mistakes with the ball . When we played Hubbard it was a whole new crew that had never played a varsity game . When we played Springfield we started off good about two drives in are star runningback broke his ribs and when your d6 and your star player goes down there isn’t a lot of backup lol. We had a lot of snap issues as well . No excuse just was stating. Norwaynes 2020-2021 team was good enough to go to state .. he’ll of a battle between them and Springfield
I think the Hubbard game really just came down to they couldn’t stop caffey, and that was the game in itself, there wasn’t much they could do. Would have liked to see a rematch this year but Hubbard significantly downgraded their OOC schedule this season. It’s putrid, but good AD’s schedule what works for what they have incommend him for that

I think the Hubbard game really just came down to they couldn’t stop caffey, and that was the game in itself, there wasn’t much they could do. Would have liked to see a rematch this year but Hubbard significantly downgraded their OOC schedule this season. It’s putrid, but good AD’s schedule what works for what they have incommend him for that
Norwayne couldn't stop Caffee and that big offensive line.

Hubbard was scheduled to play Sharon week 2 but fell through due to PA scheduling rules. So, yes their OCC isn't world beaters but I think you could say the same about Struthers. Other than Streetsboro, first 2 aren't very good at all. Both teams need that though to figure some stuff out before league play.

Norwayne couldn't stop Caffee and that big offensive line.

Hubbard was scheduled to play Sharon week 2 but fell through due to PA scheduling rules. So, yes their OCC isn't world beaters but I think you could say the same about Struthers. Other than Streetsboro, first 2 aren't very good at all. Both teams need that though to figure some stuff out before league play.
Hubbard has a good AD. We do not big difference lol

On what planet does cardinal Mooney have a shot?
Found out that Mooney, got one of the top incoming freshman in the Warren/Ytown area. He will be a talent. Meaning I think he will make them better than what people might think. Can't believe Ursuline didn't get him

Found out that Mooney, got one of the top incoming freshman in the Warren/Ytown area. He will be a talent. Meaning I think he will make them better than what people might think. Can't believe Ursuline didn't get him
Realistically they seemed terrible last season and took Hubbard down to the wire. There’s maybe 3-4 teams in this region that can beat them, but the average team won’t

Realistically they seemed terrible last season and took Hubbard down to the wire. There’s maybe 3-4 teams in this region that can beat them, but the average team won’t
It is the Flowers kid that lives in Struthers that played for the Youngstown Saints in middle school, that I was talking about awhile back

Y
It is the Flowers kid that lives in Struthers that played for the Youngstown Saints in middle school, that I was talking about awhile back
Yeah he’s solid. I wonder what position he will
Be at, the O’Brien kid should be the QB this season

Y

Yeah he’s solid. I wonder what position he will
Be at, the O’Brien kid should be the QB this season
Very fast and athletic. Can probably play all the skill positions. What grade is OBrien in? I think he will definitely play QB, at sometime, if not 9th grade.

Very fast and athletic. Can probably play all the skill positions. What grade is OBrien in? I think he will definitely play QB, at sometime, if not 9th grade.
O’Brien is a junior this year, probably will be the QB he can actually throw which most Mooney Qb’s can’t

It's July 11, 2022

IUDOGS: DIVISION V, REGION 17

Who's going to win Regional's 17 ??

What is your Top Eight like in Region 17 ??

01. Apple Creek Waynedale

02. Beachwood

03. Burton Berkshire

04. Cadiz Harrison Central

05. Canfield South Range

06. Chagrin Falls

07. Conneaut

08. Cortland Lakeview

09. Creston Norwayne

10. Coshocton

11. Fairview Park

12. Garretsville Garfield

13. Magnolia Sandy Valley

14. Mantua Crestwood

15. Navarre Fairless

16. New Franklin Manchester

17. Orrville

18. Perry

19. Richmond Edison

20. Smithville

21. Sugarcreek Garaway

22. Warren Champion

23. West Lafayette Ridgewood

24. Wickliffe

25. Wooster Triway

26. Youngstown Cardinal Mooney

27. Youngstown Liberty

IUDOGS PICKS:

Canfield South Range to win Region 17

IUDOGS TOP EIGHT IN REGION 17
(Not in order)

1. Canfield South Range

2. Perry

3. Sugarcreek Garaway

4. West Lafayette Ridgewood

5. Garretsville Garfield

6. Wooster Triway

7. Burton Bershire

8. Creston Norwayne

:unsure: :cool: :p :) :banana:

This is IUDOGS signing off.

Last edited:
It's July 11, 2022
IUDOGS: DIVISION V, REGION 17

Who's going to win Regional's 17 ??

What is your Top Eight like in Region 17 ??

01. Apple Creek Waynedale

02. Beachwood

03. Burton Berkshire

04. Cadiz Harrison Central

05. Canfield South Range

06. Chagrin Falls

07. Conneaut

08. Cortland Lakeview

09. Creston Norwayne

10. Coshocton

11. Fairview Park

12. Garretsville Garfield

13. Magnolia Sandy Valley

14. Mantua Crestwood

15. Navarre Fairless

16. New Franklin Manchester

17. Orrville

18. Perry

19. Richmond Edison

20. Smithville

21. Sugarcreek Garaway

22. Warren Champion

23. West Lafayette Ridgewood

24. Wickliffe

25. Wooster Triway

26. Youngstown Cardinal Mooney

27. Youngstown Liberty

IUDOGS PICKS:

Canfield South Range to win Region 17

IUDOGS TOP EIGHT IN REGION 17
(Not in order)

1. Canfield South Range

2. Perry

3. Sugarcreek Garaway

4. West Lafayette Ridgewood

5. Garretsville Garfield

6. Wooster Triway

7. Burton Bershire

8. Creston Norwayne

:unsure: :cool: :p :) :banana:

This is IUDOGS signing off.
I agree completely with this list but put Norwayne where Triway is ! Lol Triway lost a lot including a amazing wide receiver that made that offense click and burton shouldn’t even be in the top 8

Just depends on what seed they get. Outside of 3-4 schools Mooney will have their way with the rest
That is what I think too. Their record might not make the top 8, because of their schedule, but I feel they win at least one playoff game, and maybe more.

They didn’t make it last year with 16 teams and I don’t know what their schedule is this year. But the cupboard is pretty dry from my understanding
They only won 1 game last year. I see at least 4 or 5 wins on their schedule possibly. I also know they got a great skilled freshman player coming in this year.