D5 R18 Final: Liberty Center vs Elmwood

Who wins?

• Liberty Center

Votes: 24 72.7%
  • Elmwood

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Possibility if LC wins, but if Elmwood wins - its going more east. Huron, Perkins, Strongsville, or Elyria would be viable options. Eastwood/South Range played at Strongsville 5 years ago in final four.
Believe it was posted that it would be played at Clyde when they posted the state semi region pairings

it's already decided

That's nice that they decided to proactively name the site. No more guessing!

Yeah, could have some effect as defense is where the big front three D-Lineman get there breaks. Now, even if this was Chip Kelly's up tempo Oregon offense from 2011 you still have less officials to get the ball retrieved and set plus your ball boys are usually junior high or younger kids.
I asked a Panther dad about his thoughts on the game, he said on a decent weather night LC could throw on Elmwood. He told me Delta had 150 yards passing against Elmwood after only throwing for 300 the entire season. He acknowledged a couple of those were 50/50 balls down the field but also said there were several others that were very close to being completed but what do you expect when you put very little emphasis on the pass game all year and then expect the timing and skill to be there.

Micah Oliver was hurt and helped to the locker room in Elmwood's last regular season game. I doubt he played against Delta. He's one of their best cover guys and a threat at receiver.

I'd pick LC by something like 27-13 in a game where each team gets 6 or 7 possessions.

Eastwood moved the ball some last week, but couldn't spring Boos with one exception. LC will be content to grind it down field three or four yards at a time if they have to.

27 degrees at kick off with a wind chill of 16 degrees. Brr. Advantage Liberty Center.

Final prediction:
Liberty Center 28
Elmwood 13

Link?
There is one person, who just joined, who has made basically the same ridiculous over the top post six times. I have no idea who he is a fan of. Most likely a teenager or someone who joined with a specific agenda. Other than that, it’s quite the opposite. There are about five of us here and all are quite reasonable regarding our team. Nor do us five represent the team or fans. Just ourselves.
Sorry for the hijack but I couldn’t let this stand without response. So back to discussing this great match-up!
Hopefully the Raiders and LC advance. I think the Liberty Center fans will see that South Range is a respectful program and certainly doesn’t look past any team. The comment that was referred to must be a one off and not a typical South Range guy. No easy ones for any team here in out. Good luck tonight, sounds like Liberty Center is the real deal.

Here are some numbers for tonight's game. LC has had 10 games this season end with a running clock- Elmwood 4.

LC has has scored 500 pts or 38.4 per game. Elmwood 532, 40.9 per game.

LC has given up 88 points, 6.7 pg. Elmwood 191, 14.6 pg

LC 5 shutouts. Elmwood 1

Against 3 common opponents..Tinora, Delta, Otsego.....LC outscored them 91-14 for a 77 point differential. Elmwood 104-46, 58 point differential. 2 of those games were shutouts for LC...none were for Elmwood.

Gonna be a cold but exciting night in Perrysburg!

I just can't get my head around LC beating Coldwater 34-0. So in my limited mind, LC HAS to be the favorite.

I just can't get my head around LC beating Coldwater 34-0. So in my limited mind, LC HAS to be the favorite.
In that game the Coldwater QB was no where close to 100% and that greatly limited their offense. Combine that with a strong LC defense and the shutout was somewhat surprising but not a complete shocker, imo. The part that was a shock to me was how easily the LC oline pushed the Coldwater D around. LC moved up and down the field at roughly 5 yards per clip. I was anticipating a low scoring game something like 17-7 or so, but never expected the running clock.

Elmwood's offense will definitely present more threat and I expect a couple of scores. Question is can they slow down the smash mouth LC running attack? My guess... LC 34-21, but mix in a couple of turnovers and ya never know. Should be a fun night!

If you're going to eat before or after the game:

- 5th Street Pub
- Inside The Five
- Fricker's
- Condado Tacos
- 516 Pizza Pub
- Swig
- Cocina De Carlos

All within a couple miles of the stadium.

This game reminds of the 2018 year when LC played Genoa in the Regional Finals. I think both Genoa (than) and Elmwood (now) are very similar. It was a shootout that night with the final LC 43 to G 35. The temperature was a bit warmer in the 30's that night. Game was at Lake HS not far from Perrysburg. Genoa is from the same league (this year) as Elmwood. I was nervous with that game just as much as I am with this game. My granddaughters will be going to Elmwood school, so I am happy to see them do well for their sake. However, my heart is in Liberty and my butt will be in the seats. May the best team win.

Without knowing any details about the Coldwater game, I would tend to agree. To me LC has to be considered the favorite in D5 after handling the Cavs like that. Then again, I pretty much thought the same thing back in 98 when LC was the defending D5 champion and put a 43-0 beatdown on Warren JFK in a semifinal only to lose to Versailles in the title game. We shall see.

Good luck to both teams. Hopefully South Range will advance to play the winner.

FWIW, there is no tractor parking at Perrysburg Junior High.
If you're going to eat before or after the game:

- 5th Street Pub
- Inside The Five
- Fricker's
- Condado Tacos
- 516 Pizza Pub
- Swig
- Cocina De Carlos

All within a couple miles of the stadium.

Pizza Pub 516 is good, but the pies take awhile to bake, FYI.

Also, Canes traffic can make getting to Condado difficult. Pro tip: use Carronade coming from 199 to get into Condado/Canes and avoid the traffic on Route 20.

I'll be streaming the game at my house - feel free to stop by as long as you don't mind an 80 pound golden retriever pup in your lap.

Here are some numbers for tonight's game. LC has had 10 games this season end with a running clock- Elmwood 4.

LC has has scored 500 pts or 38.4 per game. Elmwood 532, 40.9 per game.

LC has given up 88 points, 6.7 pg. Elmwood 191, 14.6 pg

LC 5 shutouts. Elmwood 1

Against 3 common opponents..Tinora, Delta, Otsego.....LC outscored them 91-14 for a 77 point differential. Elmwood 104-46, 58 point differential. 2 of those games were shutouts for LC...none were for Elmwood.

Gonna be a cold but exciting night in Perrysburg!
it is also being replayed tonight on WOSN ( ?)

Bought the OHSAA broadcast - they are filming from inside the press box. So you get a reflection from the glass and they can’t show the entire field. Not impressed.

Bought the OHSAA broadcast - they are filming from inside the press box. So you get a reflection from the glass and they can’t show the entire field. Not impressed.
Mine keeps crashing every couple of minutes.

I do find the upside down “P” amusing. Apparently they were supposed to install the new bleachers on the other side of the field and move the old home bleachers to the opposite side, but no one got the memo.