Who wins?

• Liberty Center

Votes: 24 72.7%
  • Elmwood

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OSUOSU

The commentator for the broadcast (OHSAA) loved LC, was he is local guy or someone randomly assigned by the state, anyone happen to know?
That was unbelievable to listen to, LC would get a 3 yard gain and it would be the most incredible play ever. He was screaming over the simplest of plays. Had to turn it off midway through the 2nd quarter.

Buck1977

That was unbelievable to listen to, LC would get a 3 yard gain and it would be the most incredible play ever. He was screaming over the simplest of plays. Had to turn it off midway through the 2nd quarter.
So LC was the home team. And it sounds like OHSAA used the home team LC internet feed as the broadcast. Since it's the LC coverage those guys are going to favor LC. But they also do a lot of praise for the other teams too. In fact they got a thank you card from the Port Clinton players and coaches for their coverage a couple of weeks ago.

They are over the top but fun loving and will not say anything disparaging about any opponents.

OSUOSU

I wo
So LC was the home team. And it sounds like OHSAA used the home team LC internet feed as the broadcast. Since it's the LC coverage those guys are going to favor LC. But they also do a lot of praise for the other teams too. In fact they got a thank you card from the Port Clinton players and coaches for their coverage a couple of weeks ago.

They are over the top but fun loving and will not say anything disparaging about any opponents.
You are right about that, they were great about that. I just could have done without the screaming from the one gentleman, especially over a three yard gain.

Upside

many thought LC would "run elmwood out of the stadium" and win hands down...was there, Elmwood had them on their heals and might have pulled it off it is wasn't for those two fumbles after pass completions in the third after Elmwood clearly had the momentum after halftime. Elmwood also had 2-3 possessions in the red zone they ended up not converting on, kudos to LC defense! Congrats to LC and good luck representing NwOHIO!

Great hs football game in the elements!
And there were many that thought it would be the game it turned out to be.

Neversaynever

many thought LC would "run elmwood out of the stadium" and win hands down...was there, Elmwood had them on their heals and might have pulled it off it is wasn't for those two fumbles after pass completions in the third after Elmwood clearly had the momentum after halftime. Elmwood also had 2-3 possessions in the red zone they ended up not converting on, kudos to LC defense! Congrats to LC and good luck representing NwOHIO!

Great hs football game in the elements!
I picked it 48-14 and thought LC was going to run them out of the stadium. They are both great teams. Elmwood scored more in one game than LC's D gave up for the season. That is impressive.

Rolly67

Stats for the game: Elm LC
First Downs 17 21
Rushing Yards 33-112 50-428
Passing 21/32-246 3/4-96
Total Yards 376 474
Fumbles Lost 2 3
PAT 2/5 7/7

Last edited:

RW&B

Thanks for the info Rolly, I was out of the country and didn't have a chance to hear the game or read about it.
Did LC recover many fumbles?

Rolly67

Elmwood recovered 3 fumbles(only one was forced) all three were inside of LC's 30 but they were only able to turn one of those into a score. LC forced 2 in the 4th quarter, one at midfield the other at Elmwood's 40 and scored on both.

Buck1977

Elmwood recovered 3 fumbles(only one was forced) all three were inside of LC's 30 but they were only able to turn one of those into a score. LC forced 2 in the 4th quarter, one at midfield the other at Elmwood's 40 and scored on both.

But by losing those three fumbles LC lost opportunities to score.

Del Griffith

elmwood was ahead, and driving on the first fumble, when they lost those two fumbles. These were obviously pivotal players. Some guys sitting around me were debating if they receivers on both plays had possession or not....

RunandGun6

elmwood was ahead, and driving on the first fumble, when they lost those two fumbles. These were obviously pivotal players. Some guys sitting around me were debating if they receivers on both plays had possession or not....
both had possession it was on the news and lc live broadcast after the game showed they both had control feet hit ground and then tackle Jared ball loose. Don’t be posting on coulda would shoulda LC won and Elmwood had 3 fumble recoveries inside the 30 and only scored 1 time

Del Griffith

both had possession it was on the news and lc live broadcast after the game showed they both had control feet hit ground and then tackle Jared ball loose. Don’t be posting on coulda would shoulda LC won and Elmwood had 3 fumble recoveries inside the 30 and only scored 1 time
I will post what I want, and do not need your blessing!!!!

Best of luck to LC, I hope they win it all!!!!