Who wins?

• Liberty Center

Votes: 24 72.7%
  • Elmwood

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Have a nice day

I won't say who told me that several of LC's starters went to Napoleon last year because it would reflect very poorly on a NWO league. Maybe he deserves to be called out, but it won't be by me.

Complete falsehood there keyboard tough guy. He doesn't know anything and apparently neither do you.

Elmwood will have the most well-rounded offense LC has seen this year and I'm most interested to see how this match up goes (Elmwood O vs LC D). Elmwood must not waste any possessions and be able to sustain drives or else it could become lopsided. Cause when LC has the ball they have a way of demoralizing you with those 6-8 min drives where they just pound on you. Looking forward to a great game.

If I had been asked to pick the winner of these 2 prior to last weekend, I would have picked LC comfortably because of each teams defense primarily. However, after watching Elmwood's defense this past week, this was not the same team I watched play Eastwood earlier in the season. I think this team can get some stops defensively and not allow LC to eat the clock. Can Elmwood move the ball consistently on offense??? Still thinking on this one

If I had been asked to pick the winner of these 2 prior to last weekend, I would have picked LC comfortably because of each teams defense primarily. However, after watching Elmwood's defense this past week, this was not the same team I watched play Eastwood earlier in the season. I think this team can get some stops defensively and not allow LC to eat the clock. Can Elmwood move the ball consistently on offense??? Still thinking on this one

Can Elmwood move the ball on offense?

Put it this way, LC has pitched 5 shutouts. In two other games where they gave up 7 points it was on kick returns. So in essence, the defense has pitched 7 shutouts in 13 games. Only one team, Napoleon, scored 21 points or more. LC defense is giving up less than 7 ppg on the season.

Can Elmwood move the ball on offense?

Put it this way, LC has pitched 5 shutouts. In two other games where they gave up 7 points it was on kick returns. So in essence, the defense has pitched 7 shutouts in 13 games. Only one team, Napoleon, scored 21 points or more. LC defense is giving up less than 7 ppg on the season.
Sounds like Garaway before the Perry Game. At this point in the season, you just never know.

After a quick glance....it looks like Elmwood has scored about 42 ppg and Liberty Center about 39 ppg. Defensively, Elmwood gives up 14 ppg and Liberty Center just under 7 ppg. Should be interesting.

In looking at both teams schedules, one thing is clear...Elmwood has not played against a team with as good of a running game as LC, while LC has not played anyone close to as good of an offense as Elmwood.

If Elmwood can have success using the short passing game to set up the run game they have a very good chance. If they really have the better skill players than spread the field and hit the quick slants and backs out of the backfield to make the down 3 for LC as well as the linebackers run around and waste some energy instead of letting them tee off on drop back passes deep.

LC is very good at lulling teams to sleep with their physical running game and then all of a sudden they slip a wing or TE out on the backside for a big gain in the pass game. They are tough to stop offensively for sure and they just keep pounding and pounding and physically beat you up. If this happens it's LC going away easily.

If Elmwood can keep the LC offense on the sidelines and chew up the clock with a short passing game and a few runs here and there I like their chances to pull out the win. If it comes down to power football and LC just running up and down the field this will be a running clock in the 2nd half.

I like the Tigers in this one 24-21.
How does the eastwood run game compare to LC's....???

How does the eastwood run game compare to LC's....???
Similar, LC uses two running backs and their QB mostly. The 3rd running back is more of a blocking wing and receiver. I know most of the time Eastwood was pretty balanced but also that the QB could take over and have triple the carries of the other backs like in the Otsego game. LC keeps it pretty even between the 3 main runners but Zeiter is also more of a threat to throw it than Boos.

It simply comes down to Elmwood's ability to control the clock with their short passing game to set up the running game...if they can flip the script on LC and use LC's ball control style while chewing up the clock they have a very good chance of winning.

At the beginning of the season Elmwood seemed better prepped to stop a spread attack compared to a run heavy/wing T style of team. They are 5-6 deep at WR and in the secondary with a quick defensive line. Their 3-4 defense which seems blitz heavy has dominated their spread opponents. They showed a weakness to stop teams that will run it down your throat, but over the season it has gotten much better. Their offense seems to adjust well at halftime. They were close with Allen east at half, then dominated in the second half (Allen east is in d6 regional final). They adjusted well in each second half of the playoffs. I think at the very least they keep this game within a touchdown

After a quick glance....it looks like Elmwood has scored about 42 ppg and Liberty Center about 39 ppg. Defensively, Elmwood gives up 14 ppg and Liberty Center just under 7 ppg. Should be interesting.
LC has only averaged 39 ppg but sat the starters in the second half (not taking a single snap because of a running clock) of so many games that the starters have not played in over 3 games worth of quarters.

LC could have put 70-80 points on 7 of there opponents to this point but has chosen to rest the first team.

Last edited:
LC has only averaged 39 ppg but sat the starters in the second half (not taking a single snap because of a running clock) of so many games that the starters have not played in over 3 games worth of quarters.

LC could have put 70-80 points on 7 of there opponents to this point but has chosen to rest the first team.
Same could have been said in atleast 4 of Elmwood’s games..😅

You forgot to add that the LC starters walked 7 miles uphill both ways in snow with no shoes to and from the locker room....

what effect if any will the up tempo no huddle offense of Elmwood have on LC's defense?
Would guess it’s hard for LC to replicate in practice and haven’t seen any other teams in the area play at that speed. Seems like many teams have struggled to defend them when they get going fast

what effect if any will the up tempo no huddle offense of Elmwood have on LC's defense?
Yeah, could have some effect as defense is where the big front three D-Lineman get there breaks. Now, even if this was Chip Kelly's up tempo Oregon offense from 2011 you still have less officials to get the ball retrieved and set plus your ball boys are usually junior high or younger kids.
I asked a Panther dad about his thoughts on the game, he said on a decent weather night LC could throw on Elmwood. He told me Delta had 150 yards passing against Elmwood after only throwing for 300 the entire season. He acknowledged a couple of those were 50/50 balls down the field but also said there were several others that were very close to being completed but what do you expect when you put very little emphasis on the pass game all year and then expect the timing and skill to be there.

I think LC will move the ball fairly well on Elmwood. Eastwood still ran for over 200 yards last week. Missed out on a couple big pass plays too with over throws or a mis-read.

The biggest question mark and x-factor is the Elmwood offense vs LC defense.

Would guess it’s hard for LC to replicate in practice and haven’t seen any other teams in the area play at that speed. Seems like many teams have struggled to defend them when they get going fast

Can LC effectively change their coverage with no communication break downs, call their stunts/blitzs or will they keep it the same... thus Elmwood knows the coverage they are getting? Nice chess match...

I bet you're thinking of the LC senior running back from last year... T Moore? He had transferred from Napoleon the year before. No one this year though.
No. I don't follow LC. I repeated incorrect information about this year's team.

Possibility if LC wins, but if Elmwood wins - its going more east. Huron, Perkins, Strongsville, or Elyria would be viable options. Eastwood/South Range played at Strongsville 5 years ago in final four.
it's already decided