• Piqua

• Anderson

• Teays Valley

• Lasalle

• Edgewood

• Winton Woods

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I watched WW vs KINGS game again. WW squandered so many opportunities but the biggest may have been getting called for a block in the back while a kid was crossing the goal line for a score that would've put WW up 20-7. There was the 12 men on the field penalty on 4th down, then the corner lost track of the receiver on 4th down later on in that drive. The drive started w good field position that was given up on a long kickoff return.

I'm hearing from my CPS friends that Withrow will be leaving school early on Thursday and spending the night in a hotel outside of Dayton for the Piqua game. What kind of sense does that make for an hour and a half drive?

I'm hearing from my CPS friends that Withrow will be leaving school early on Thursday and spending the night in a hotel outside of Dayton for the Piqua game. What kind of sense does that make for an hour and a half drive?
Not much but it's not like the CPS schools get this experience often and they more than their suburban counterparts have had to overcome draconian measures implemented by their admin in order to keep their seasons going... so let them be

Not much but it's not like the CPS schools get this experience often and they more than their suburban counterparts have had to overcome draconian measures implemented by their admin in order to keep their seasons going... so let them be
I guess. I just don't get the logic of spending this kind of money when you have to rely on Moeller to donate cleats for your soccer team.

Should have just ordered a nice charter bus and had a pre game meal.

I don't know either the trip up 75 isn't that bad. There is no where in Dayton that I exciting to stay overnight. But if they want to make a trip out of it then good for them.

Only thing I can think of is to have the team be focused from any distractions. A lot of college teams leave their campus and stay in hotels regardless of home or away games the day before to focus so could be that. I honestly like this move by the coaches.

Last edited:
Only thing I can think of is to have the team be focused from any distractions. A lot of college teams leave their campus and stay in hotels regardless of home or away games the day before to focus so could be that. I honestly like this move by the coaches.
I thought it is "student athlete" and not "athlete student." This sends the wrong message about priorities in high school in my opinion.

I don't believe CPS has school Friday & this is to ensure all hands on deck Friday night because unfortunately some could miss bus Friday for whatever reasons, so to avoid that you get the kids together after Thursday's walk through.

I don't believe CPS has school Friday & this is to ensure all hands on deck Friday night because unfortunately some could miss bus Friday for whatever reasons, so to avoid that you get the kids together after Thursday's walk through.
CPS definitely has school on Friday.

Give me the Warriors over Kings 28-14
Lasalle over Anderson 28-21
Edgewood over Stebbins 35-21
Piqua over Withrow 28-7
as an edgewood fan I love this prediction. However, when playing pas offense you need to put pressure on the qb and losing the best edge rusher for the rest of the year will make this even closer. I think it comes down to turnovers. Edge up in that category they win if not look out

as an edgewood fan I love this prediction. However, when playing pas offense you need to put pressure on the qb and losing the best edge rusher for the rest of the year will make this even closer. I think it comes down to turnovers. Edge up in that category they win if not look out
Edgewood will be just fine against Stebbins. Stebbins Qb is better than Sidney's but Stebbins oline isn't very good.

I also think Edgewood won't have to run many different plays against the Stebbins defense. I forgot to ask an Edgewood supporter earlier. Is 54 on Edgewood a senior? He man handles other players. Good luck to both teams and stay injury free.

I thought it is "student athlete" and not "athlete student." This sends the wrong message about priorities in high school in my opinion.
As a student athlete you should be able to balance both. Let’s not act like the young men are taking a week off I think it’s good to experience this because in college you will miss days in class due to being a student athlete.

It’s one day. They’ll have the memory for life. My son very fondly remembers a night in a Canton hotel with his teammates the night before the State Championship game. How cool for Withrow. Hope they have a blast.

Edgewood will be just fine against Stebbins. Stebbins Qb is better than Sidney's but Stebbins oline isn't very good.

I also think Edgewood won't have to run many different plays against the Stebbins defense. I forgot to ask an Edgewood supporter earlier. Is 54 on Edgewood a senior? He man handles other players. Good luck to both teams and stay injury free.
54 is Radical Rothermel, he is a senior but has been man handling others since he was a freshman. The first time I saw him play was a freshman game against Wayne. He dominated on both sides of the ball and moved up to JV the next week. Very good wrestler too.

It’s one day. They’ll have the memory for life. My son very fondly remembers a night in a Canton hotel with his teammates the night before the State Championship game. How cool for Withrow. Hope they have a blast.
Agreed, it’s a special moment for them. Let them enjoy it. They’ll be lots of time to take a math quiz and stare at their phones during class. Think back to your high school days and memories. Getting excited for 4th period history isn’t on there. Unless, maybe there was a hot girl in the class.

54 is Radical Rothermel, he is a senior but has been man handling others since he was a freshman. The first time I saw him play was a freshman game against Wayne. He dominated on both sides of the ball and moved up to JV the next week. Very good wrestler too.

I thought he had a pick 6 against us but it took a reciever\RB to run him down. He is the best lineman and linebacker I've seen all year. Piqua has a couple nice linebackers and they have two big lineman but 54 for Edgewood is more athletic than the two lineman from Piqua.

I know I'm looking ahead but I look forward to watching Piqua and Edgewood play each other. Good luck to your team.

I'm hearing Kings may be wo 1 of their best defensive players tomorrow. Well in 2 WW losses we have been down kids. In the 1st game QB #15 was out w injury didn't play, OLB#1 was hurt & didn't play. #26 spears didn't get 1 touch vs kings so I don't expect that to happen this game. If I'm WW I'm trying to find a way to get my DPOY #4 Gibson matched up w KINGS freshman offensive lineman. That will cause Kibgs to go w a quick game or leave the back in to block. This will eliminate the success they had running empty sets in the 1st game.

I'm hearing Kings may be wo 1 of their best defensive players tomorrow. Well in 2 WW losses we have been down kids. In the 1st game QB #15 was out w injury didn't play, OLB#1 was hurt & didn't play. #26 spears didn't get 1 touch vs kings so I don't expect that to happen this game. If I'm WW I'm trying to find a way to get my DPOY #4 Gibson matched up w KINGS freshman offensive lineman. That will cause Kibgs to go w a quick game or leave the back in to block. This will eliminate the success they had running empty sets in the 1st game.
What you're hearing is true. Oh well. Depth is important too. The first start for the Kings freshman OT WAS the first WW game. He's not a freshman anymore, based on play.

Viewing options tomorrow:
Kings - Winton Woods is the Chatterbox game of the week
Anderson - Lasalle live on NFHSnetwork.com or Spectrum / OHSAA.TV (guessing the Lasalle homies will carry as well)
Stebbins - Edgewood live on Chatterbox+
PIqua - Withrow supposedly on the Indian Nation Station on Youtube at
(if you get a virus don't blame me)

I think he may need to see Anderson receivers stats. They had a kid w 115 receptions followed by a kid w 76 receptions. That's all they do. Be prepared
Sadly there is a thing called "who you play"...

Anderson playing a Lasalle schedule may be a 3 win team...WW-Trottwood and maybe an upset of one of the others....and the stats they ran up vs the ECC needs to be celebrated but lets be honest, Outside of Kings, and WW Anderson had some stat cash cows. We will see come Friday....