D1 Canton

So here's my 2 cents there is no way Perry and Hoover should have been seeded ahead of Dover. I don't care if your in the Federal league. It's also obvious Fedaral league teams do not play defense. So if your Dover and you beat the last 2 teams who were seeded ahead of you in the Federal league who's over rated or are the Tornadoes are better than two thirds of the teams who play in the Federal. I happen to think Dover came in and smacked some you no what on those 2 teams. We may not beat Green but we are not whipping boys ether. Some one said in a earlier thread,well if you don't like the seeding you need to come up and play the big boys. Well we did and made a good showing of what Dover Basketball can do.
We've already crossed that bridge on the seedings, it is what it is. Oh and you're going to see some FL defense Saturday night, that much you can hang your hat on. Dover is a very nice team, nobody that I have read says they are whipping boys?

Massillon fan thumping their chests because they beat a down Jax team - lost a 12 point first half lead on their home floor, had to go to OT to do it plus a little home cookin'. LOL

Then why do you have banners for your championships won before the playoffs ???
A championship is a championship no matter how hard you try to diminish that fact. Do you go around to the Bulldog players from 55’ and 56’ and tell them they won nothing ?
It’s typical ignorance from a mck fan.
How does it feel to be completely dominated in football by a school half your size ?
You better hope and pray mck wins Saturday because if not I guarantee you will disappear just like after week 10. ???
Wont disappear at all. Unlike you and most of your fanbase I dont live through a high school team.Massillon has a good team. As does schools like Dover and Wooster. Schools that I would call a tier above that would be Green, Boardman, and and imo Glenoak (yes, I know you beat them but I think they beat you guys more times than not). And maybe you just struggle with reading comprehension so I'll say it again. Yes Massillon has titles, which are great. I also said they dont hold the same weight as a playoff title. I also said in comparison how you have teams every year in basketball that are crown poll champion only to not make it all the way in the tourney. And those teams aren't always bragging about their poll titles. Could Massillon have won back in the day when there were no playoffs if there was a playoff? Sure. Big Willie and Dennis Franklin and some of those older guys were beasts. But we will never know. The one thing I do know was that since the playoffs have started you hold a big fat 0 in every sport when it comes to titles. So hey, tell yourself whatever you need to. ??‍♂️

Who should seed the teams?
So I think a committee is an awful idea - there will still be bias, and there's no way you could get someone to commit to going and watching all these teams "x" number of times each year.

The best way to do this - and it would have to be an OHSAA mandate across the board for all district both boys an girls - would be to go to a points system like they do for football......can't see any reason why that wouldn't or couldn't work - and the points system is undeniable because its based on wins/losses and strength of those wins/losses....would solved a lot of debate! If you had a great record but got a not so favorable seed - it's your own fault for not scheduling better.....

Wont disappear at all. Unlike you and most of your fanbase I dont live through a high school team.Massillon has a good team. As does schools like Dover and Wooster. Schools that I would call a tier above that would be Green, Boardman, and and imo Glenoak (yes, I know you beat them but I think they beat you guys more times than not). And maybe you just struggle with reading comprehension so I'll say it again. Yes Massillon has titles, which are great. I also said they dont hold the same weight as a playoff title. I also said in comparison how you have teams every year in basketball that are crown poll champion only to not make it all the way in the tourney. And those teams aren't always bragging about their poll titles. Could Massillon have won back in the day when there were no playoffs if there was a playoff? Sure. Big Willie and Dennis Franklin and some of those older guys were beasts. But we will never know. The one thing I do know was that since the playoffs have started you hold a big fat 0 in every sport when it comes to titles. So hey, tell yourself whatever you need to. ??‍♂️
It’s so ignorant when people use the live through a high school team blah blah blah. Do you realize you are on a high school sports forum arguing about it ??
Typical mck ignorance.

Massillon fan thumping their chests because they beat a down Jax team - lost a 12 point first half lead on their home floor, had to go to OT to do it plus a little home cookin'. LOL
What was the home cookin’ ? Liar !
mck is expected to win Saturday, you better hope they do.

It’s so ignorant when people use the live through a high school team blah blah blah. Do you realize you are on a high school sports forum arguing about it ??
Typical mck ignorance.
Not arguing about it at all. You may be but I'm not. So I get it, you learned a new word in ignorant and now you want to over use it. Kind of humorous. But to the fact at hand, You are literally on here EVERY day for hours going back in forth with multiple people. Get out and live a little. And yes, live through Massillon FOOTBALL, not sports because we all know the only thing everyone really hears about from you all is Massillon FOOTBALL. But once again, tell yourself whatever you wanna hear. It still wont change the fact that the school you worship has never won it all in a POSTSEASON in any sport. Call that "ignorant" or whatever new word you have learned today and I'll call it Facts. ?

Not arguing about it at all. You may be but I'm not. So I get it, you learned a new word in ignorant and now you want to over use it. Kind of humorous. But to the fact at hand, You are literally on here EVERY day for hours going back in forth with multiple people. Get out and live a little. And yes, live through Massillon FOOTBALL, not sports because we all know the only thing everyone really hears about from you all is Massillon FOOTBALL. But once again, tell yourself whatever you wanna hear. It still wont change the fact that the school you worship has never won it all in a POSTSEASON in any sport. Call that "ignorant" or whatever new word you have learned today and I'll call it Facts. ?
Again your back and can’t help yourself.
When you get to 24 give us a call or when you get within a few games of the series lead.
You should be thankful for basketball since you have nothing on a school half your size in football.
I can’t wait to watch mck choke it away again this year, you better hope it doesn’t happen Saturday night. ???

Green is going to smash Dover on Saturday!! Dover people are celebrating beating one of the worst teams in the federal league?

Can you guys go away. Let’s talk about the current games, not the past.

You guys can discuss this in a variety of different places, this is not the place!!

Thanks.

Again your back and can’t help yourself.
When you get to 24 give us a call or when you get within a few games of the series lead.
You should be thankful for basketball since you have nothing on a school half your size in football.
I can’t wait to watch mck choke it away again this year, you better hope it doesn’t happen Saturday night. ???
You keep saying choke. This proves you have no clue what the hell you are talking about. If they lose before getting to State they will have to lose to teams like Glenoak or Green, who have already beaten the Bulldogs or a very good team like Boardman. So again how is that choking?? But you know what dont answer that because you have proven to be a little off and dont want you hurting yourself by thinking too hard. And I'm back because I have a hard time seeing "ignorant" and delusional bs posted. Check my post history I'm not on 50% of my day everyday like you. And I'll admit, yes you have more poll titles than us and many other schools. But in your words "you have nothing on us" when it comes to actually playing a title game/match/meet etc. You have 0. So I'm done. I tap out, I'm convinced I'm talking to a 4th grader.

Can you guys go away. Let’s talk about the current games, not the past.

You guys can discuss this in a variety of different places, this is not the place!!

Thanks.
I'm not going anywhere. I would love to talk about the game but you get delusional guys that want to troll. My posts are nothing but responses. So talk to them about that. (If you check my posts it's in response to bs and troll jobs) But I'm done, he on the other hand lives on here so you all have fun with that)

I'm not going anywhere. I would love to talk about the game but you get delusional guys that want to troll. My posts are nothing but responses. So talk to them about that. (If you check my posts it's in response to bs and troll jobs) But I'm done, he on the other hand lives on here so you all have fun with that)
Stop responding. You can’t help yourself.
As I said you better hope mck wins Saturday. ??

Green is going to smash Dover on Saturday!! Dover people are celebrating beating one of the worst teams in the federal league?

You're probably correct about Saturday. Green is definitely a pretty big favorite heading into the game.

I think it's interesting. The Fed league people complained that we didn't play anyone during the regular season...fine. Then we play 2 Fed League teams and beat both of them and now they're complaining that we beat the "worst teams in the federal league." Seems to me by "beefing up the schedule" and playing the Fed League teams, you basically mean to play Green and McKinley. Maybe it's time to say the league is just top heavy with a couple GREAT teams and then a bunch of mediocre teams behind them?

You're probably correct about Saturday. Green is definitely a pretty big favorite heading into the game.

I think it's interesting. The Fed league people complained that we didn't play anyone during the regular season...fine. Then we play 2 Fed League teams and beat both of them and now they're complaining that we beat the "worst teams in the federal league." Seems to me by "beefing up the schedule" and playing the Fed League teams, you basically mean to play Green and McKinley. Maybe it's time to say the league is just top heavy with a couple GREAT teams and then a bunch of mediocre teams behind them?
Play Green, McK, Glenoak, Hoover, Jackson (who is not very good but should have beat Massillon), Perry home and home and come talk your whiney little crap. Come on man you're not that stupid?

Massillon and Dover could absolutely compete in the Federal League. They are a combined 5-2 against league teams. While the Federal League is, in my opinion, consistently one of the toughest leagues in the state, the Tigers and Tornadoes are clearly better than teams like Hoover, Perry, and Jackson. The fact is, when the games were actually played, Massillon and Dover have shown that they were better. When the seeding came out, me and plenty of Massillon and Dover fans pointed out that the Tigers and Tornadoes were treated unfairly. Since then, the results have shown we were correct.