D III State Semi-Final: Bloom Carroll (13-1) vs Tippecanoe (13-1)

Who wins?

• Tippecanoe

Votes: 35 51.5%
  • Bloom Carroll

Votes: 33 48.5%

• Total voters
I am a little perturbed that Tippycanoe and Tippisgreat hasn't made an appearance. You both were all over me before I could get home from Tipp City when Piqua got beat. But you both have went silent, that's pretty weak! You need to man up.

I am a little perturbed that Tippycanoe and Tippisgreat hasn't made an appearance. You both were all over me before I could get home from Tipp City when Piqua got beat. But you both have went silent, that's pretty weak! You need to man up.
Sorry, I’ve been on the road and so. To finish the best/worst football weekend of my life. A few unsolicited thoughts:
The London facility has no business being a semifinal facility. My hats off to them for doing the work necessary to host a game like this, but no matter how much you shine up a turd, it is still only a pile of diddly squat if the facility is to small to house a venue like this and make old fat people walk a mile mile the and back a mile to watch the game 😓
Congrats to BC. This is a team on collision course with Canfield and I couldn’t imagine a better game to watch. BC is relentless, physical, and make few mistakes. Their program is truly on a different level that Tipp can look to for an example of where the need to be to progress.
Next to the Red Devils. My expectations were no where near what you have accomplished. 13 Wins after graduating 20 starters. I wouldn’t have been any less proud of them even if BC hung a 60 on them. They have set an example of all who follow, and are the best team in Tippecanoe history. The Burbacher legend continues in Tipp City and will hopefully progress to to new levels.
And to Indians Rule. I am a somewhat more experienced poster, and will never pass up a plate of crow that I deserve to consume. I never posted in this thread because of my feelings that I just described. I am now however about 2-1/2 hours north of Nashville after watching the Buckeyes DEVESTATING loss to TTUN at the Shoe,and with my lovely wife driving, I am enjoying a few adult beverages on the way to support the Bengals on what is probably a “trifecta” of losses that will be a weekend of a lifetime to remember. Both good and bad.

Sorry, I’ve been on the road and so. To finish the best/worst football weekend of my life. A few unsolicited thoughts:
The London facility has no business being a semifinal facility. My hats off to them for doing the work necessary to host a game like this, but no matter how much you shine up a turd, it is still only a pile of diddly squat if the facility is to small to house a venue like this and make old fat people walk a mile mile the and back a mile to watch the game 😓
Congrats to BC. This is a team on collision course with Canfield and I couldn’t imagine a better game to watch. BC is relentless, physical, and make few mistakes. Their program is truly on a different level that Tipp can look to for an example of where the need to be to progress.
Next to the Red Devils. My expectations were no where near what you have accomplished. 13 Wins after graduating 20 starters. I wouldn’t have been any less proud of them even if BC hung a 60 on them. They have set an example of all who follow, and are the best team in Tippecanoe history. The Burbacher legend continues in Tipp City and will hopefully progress to to new levels.
And to Indians Rule. I am a somewhat more experienced poster, and will never pass up a plate of crow that I deserve to consume. I never posted in this thread because of my feelings that I just described. I am now however about 2-1/2 hours north of Nashville after watching the Buckeyes DEVESTATING loss to TTUN at the Shoe,and with my lovely wife driving, I am enjoying a few adult beverages on the way to support the Bengals on what is probably a “trifecta” of losses that will be a weekend of a lifetime to remember. Both good and bad.

Fair point, I not much of a college football fan. But I follow the Buckeyes, I just normally have better things to do on a Saturday. But we do share a love for the Bengals, so here is to you and hoping they salvage your weekend. Who Dey!

Sorry for your loses but one out of three ain't bad, lol. Now, London venue is bad because you had to walk? :rolleyes: How many games did Tipp have to play at Butler because of condemed bleachers? Lets not mention the trailer as the vistors locker room or the god awful mequitoes in August and early September at the Tipp venue.
Tipp did well this year and you should be proud. Congrats on a good season but please, dont knock venues until you actually have one that would that could host a pee wee championship game. BTW, hats off to that young man and player that got the money together for the bleachers.

Sorry for your loses but one out of three ain't bad, lol. Now, London venue is bad because you had to walk? :rolleyes:
TBF it is a cumbersome walk. The facility’s design makes for a long walk in and a long walk out. I can do the walk without issue, but it’s still long. I can see how it’s difficult for the less mobile.

TBF it is a cumbersome walk. The facility’s design makes for a long walk in and a long walk out. I can do the walk without issue, but it’s still long. I can see how it’s difficult for the less mobile.
Been there numerous times and yes, the walk can be long but its not unreasonable. I've had further walks at Piqua and Sidney However, it is flat and easy to navigate. Now Mount Healthy is a hike,, lol but they have golf carts to shuttle people if needed

Sorry for your loses but one out of three ain't bad, lol. Now, London venue is bad because you had to walk? :rolleyes: How many games did Tipp have to play at Butler because of condemed bleachers? Lets not mention the trailer as the vistors locker room or the god awful mequitoes in August and early September at the Tipp venue.
Tipp did well this year and you should be proud. Congrats on a good season but please, dont knock venues until you actually have one that would that could host a pee wee championship game. BTW, hats off to that young man and player that got the money together for the bleachers.
https://news.yahoo.com/bigger-game-tippecanoe-football-player-204149657.html

Was on the same page Gamma Gobbler and well put about venues as remembered this link above earlier in the season for Tipp City, great job by this senior player......Tippy Canoe and other Tipp fans would you be complaining about the walk if Tipp comes out on top....highly doubt it. London has a great facility and location, yes the visitor's side may not be ideal but saw empty seats on the visitors side and is still better than many home sides I have seen in my days. Hear there are plans to expand or raise the visitors side and more and their program is looking good for the next few years. Hats off to London and a small community to host late round playoff games and if I remember right, had 2 state semi-final games in 2021.

This is a pretty silly argument. Tipp isn't out there hosting neutral site playoff games (let alone a state semifinal), so the quality of their stadium has absolutely nothing to do with the comments @INDIANS_RULE and @Tippy Canoe made about London not being a site that should really be hosting a state semifinal.

Was on the same page Gamma Gobbler and well put about venues as remembered this link above earlier in the season for Tipp City, great job by this senior player......Tippy Canoe and other Tipp fans would you be complaining about the walk if Tipp comes out on top....highly doubt it. London has a great facility and location, yes the visitor's side may not be ideal but saw empty seats on the visitors side and is still better than many home sides I have seen in my days. Hear there are plans to expand or raise the visitors side and more and their program is looking good for the next few years. Hats off to London and a small community to host late round playoff games and if I remember right, had 2 state semi-final games in 2021.
Two things about London....1. its colder than a well diggers arse when that north wind blows in Novermber :ROFLMAO: and 2. There is nothing around that stadium that recognizes Dick LeBeau.

This is a pretty silly argument. Tipp isn't out there hosting neutral site playoff games (let alone a state semifinal), so the quality of their stadium has absolutely nothing to do with the comments @INDIANS_RULE and @Tippy Canoe made about London not being a site that should really be hosting a state semifinal.
IT does when one complains about another venue. I dont recall Springfield or Olentangy Liberty complaining about the regional final venue a week before.

Was on the same page Gamma Gobbler and well put about venues as remembered this link above earlier in the season for Tipp City, great job by this senior player......Tippy Canoe and other Tipp fans would you be complaining about the walk if Tipp comes out on top....highly doubt it. London has a great facility and location, yes the visitor's side may not be ideal but saw empty seats on the visitors side and is still better than many home sides I have seen in my days.
Tipp’s side looked pretty packed, and where I sat on the home side (by the concession stands) also had handfuls of Tipp people above me.

I just wish they (London) had a point of entry on the north side of the facility, out by Keny Blvd. Or at least a way to exit through that way, instead of walking back through the gate you enter and then walking the perimeter of the stadium back out toward the lot. It’s a minor inconvenience in my eyes. Been to three different games there (Hartley/Trotwood 2019; Ft Frye/LCC 2021; last Saturday) with no iron in the fire, and otherwise like the facility and its volunteering.

IT does when one complains about another venue. I dont recall Springfield or Olentangy Liberty complaining about the regional final venue a week before.
Uh no, it doesn't. Tipp isn't hosting these kinds of games. Just because their facility is a steaming pile of crap doesn't mean their fans aren't allowed to have an opinion on what is worthy of hosting a state semifinal.

The goal of playing a game is to win, right? If you can gash an opponent for over 400 yards rushing, there is no need to do anything else.

No you're completely correct, but that doesn't change anything. It was a simple comment about the boring offense. Why you so upset about it? I believe the poster I was replying to made the comment that Tipp had not seen anything like it, and I disagreed because Troy and Xenia run similar boring offenses also. Nothing more, nothing less.

Oh wow Tipp made a state final four and unfortunately got beat by a better team. Decided to sit on the season, process it and enjoy the success that this version of the Red Devils accomplished. A trip to state is never and will never be something to sneeze at. In regards to the game, when you’re outweighed by 100 pounds across the line you cannot make mistakes. Not going to argue that Tipp could have won that game but turning the ball over the first two times you have the ball (including on the opposing teams 2 yard line) is never a recipe for success. The only way Tipp could have won that game was if they won in a shootout. Had they not turned the ball over on their first two possessions and lost all momentum, maybe there would have been a chance considering Tipp did move the ball well in the first half. I’m just proud of the players, the coaches and this beautiful town I love. The 2022 Tippecanoe Red Devil’s broke program barriers and there is no shame in the end result. Tipp as a program is 30-7 in the last 3 years with a final four appearance and two other trips to the regional semis. While Tipp was in the CBC the narrative was that we couldn’t win playoff games. 8 playoff victories over the last 3 years speaks for itself. No shame, congrats to Bloom-Carrol but go Red Devils!

Oh wow Tipp made a state final four and unfortunately got beat by a better team. Decided to sit on the season, process it and enjoy the success that this version of the Red Devils accomplished. A trip to state is never and will never be something to sneeze at. In regards to the game, when you’re outweighed by 100 pounds across the line you cannot make mistakes. Not going to argue that Tipp could have won that game but turning the ball over the first two times you have the ball (including on the opposing teams 2 yard line) is never a recipe for success. The only way Tipp could have won that game was if they won in a shootout. Had they not turned the ball over on their first two possessions and lost all momentum, maybe there would have been a chance considering Tipp did move the ball well in the first half. I’m just proud of the players, the coaches and this beautiful town I love. The 2022 Tippecanoe Red Devil’s broke program barriers and there is no shame in the end result. Tipp as a program is 30-7 in the last 3 years with a final four appearance and two other trips to the regional semis. While Tipp was in the CBC the narrative was that we couldn’t win playoff games. 8 playoff victories over the last 3 years speaks for itself. No shame, congrats to Bloom-Carrol but go Red Devils!
Glad you got the therapy you needed during this time of grief 😂 Dude, it’s just HS football