D III State Semi-Final: Bloom Carroll (13-1) vs Tippecanoe (13-1)

Who wins?

• Tippecanoe

Votes: 35 51.5%
  • Bloom Carroll

Votes: 33 48.5%

• Total voters
Congrats Bloom Carroll on the 35-12 win. Good luck against Canfield (I assume) in the state final.

This also looks good for Region 11. Bloom Carroll had closer games in weeks 12,13, and 14.

So some just some quick thoughts.

First one is London should NEVER be a host site for a state semi final game. That stadium is not big enough.

Second thought, what was with the balloons by Bloom Carrol?

Third, the first turnover by Tipp City was the worst one of the three. Had Tipp scored their even if BC scores on the ensuing drive. But that fumble then BC driving down and scoring taking the momentum was disastrous for Tipp.

Great season for Tipp, you made it further than you ever have. You represented the MVL proud.

Good luck to BC next weekend.

Tipp’s first fumble at the goaline changed the dynamic of the game right off the bat, and they never fully recovered. Bloom Carroll’s offense is not complicated. Ground and pound, and Tipp couldn’t stop it. BC threw 1 pass I believe, and it got called as a defensive pass interference. 2nd half, Tipp mostly had to abandon the run game since they were down, and BC’s drives would eat up a ton of clock. Tipp moved well with the pass game, but the Tipp QB was scrambling most plays. Congrats to BC and Tippecanoe on great season’s. Both teams had good crowds.

Where are the Tipp posters 🤷🏿
TIG will be back, I imagine he was at the game and just hasn't had time to post.

I posted after the game ended. Essentially the game went exactly how my fears were from my post earlier in the thread. Teams like Xenia and Troy were able to line up and just push Tipp up and down the field. Bloom-Carroll was that, but... MUCH bigger. The moment Tipp fumbled on that opening drive and B-C got 8ish yards per carry on their opening drive, you could tell it was going to be a long night. If Tipp hadn't fumbled twice, might the game have been closer? Sure, but unless B-C made a bunch of mistakes (which they made almost none, it felt like), this game was well in hand. Almost a bit of a boring one to watch because it was so one-sided.

Regardless, Tipp had a fantastic season and broke through what you could call a glass ceiling they had on their program. Knocked off Trotwood for the first time, beat a high-powered spread offense in Western Brown, and found a way to defeat a team in Badin that was in the title game last year. Now we'll see if they can continue to build on that as a program. I'm just amazed how Tipp is consistently so undersized. Like... what do they need to put in the water in Tipp City to catch up there? haha

Where are the Tipp posters 🤷🏿
Tipp poster checking in. Game went about how people could expect. BC just isn't the type of team Tipp has a great chance against, unless BC shoots themselves in the foot. They played a (mostly) clean game, and 3 Tipp turnovers is never a recipe for success. If Tipp plays a clean game themselves, they probably still lose by 1 score and we'd just be frustrated the whole game at how it's impossible to stop the BC run game.

Still an amazing season for the Red Devils. The playoff run through Trotwood, Western Brown and Badin will be hard to top.

I’m pointing toward the posters who pretty much overlooked BC and were comparing Tipp players to NFL l greats 😂

I’m pointing toward the posters who pretty much overlooked BC and were comparing Tipp players to NFL l greats 😂
Well, I'm pretty sure none of them are Tipp people. The only true Tipp fan regulars on here I can recall are myself, TippIsGreat, OHFball10, and Tippy Canoe.

The posters you're alluding to were just on here stirring the pot.

how did that 52 slant fare? We’re linebackers tackling machines?
I tried to agree it would add a twist but…..basically trying to be civil knowing the pounding that was coming. They had not seen BC’s machine in any previous games. Some say boring/1 dimensional. I say Pancakes Rule

This type of offense doesn't play out if you get behind. It's a boring gimmick offense that if Tipp can get a stop and score or two causes problems. This is where they have gotten lucky so far in the playoffs. They have taken advantage of mistakes, every team to be in the final 4 has gotten some breaks go their way be it a tipped pass or a mishandled exchange. Someone mentioned Tipp is playing with "House Money" and that statement couldn't be more accurate. They have gotten a few breaks that put them in winning situations.

This is just as true today as it was when I posted it. BC didn't turn the ball over, but Tipp did. That was the difference in the game.

Good luck to BC vs Canfield

I tried to agree it would add a twist but…..basically trying to be civil knowing the pounding that was coming. They had not seen BC’s machine in any previous games. Some say boring/1 dimensional. I say Pancakes Rule

Yes they had, it's the same boring offense that Xenia and Troy runs. The only difference was Xenia and Troy turned the ball over and BC didn't

Yes they had, it's the same boring offense that Xenia and Troy runs. The only difference was Xenia and Troy turned the ball over and BC didn't
What ifs-add 2 Tipp TDs instead of turnovers. Still lose to the “boring “offense. You had to be a kicker in HS cause a real player with busted knuckles and a worn helmet can watch and appreciate the intricacies of line play and the results-438 I believe

What ifs-add 2 Tipp TDs instead of turnovers. Still lose to the “boring “offense. You had to be a kicker in HS cause a real player with busted knuckles and a worn helmet can watch and appreciate the intricacies of line play and the results-438 I believe

It's still a boring offense, you should probably turn your attention to Canfield now. Good luck