D III State Semi-Final: Bloom Carroll (13-1) vs Tippecanoe (13-1)

Who wins?

• Tippecanoe

Votes: 35 51.5%
  • Bloom Carroll

Votes: 33 48.5%

• Total voters
The two best players on Tipp's defense are their two linebackers:

Josh Dietz: 6'1" 188lbs (or 6'1" 205lbs according to his hudl), Sr., arguably the best overall football player on the team
Cael Liette: 5'11" 161lbs (or 6'0" 180lbs according to his hudl), Jr., not huge, but has good speed for a linebacker and is a sure tackler

I'm a bit nervous for Tipp given Bloom-Carroll's size if they're able to push Tipp off the ball and just drive downfield for a handful of yards each play, but if it comes down to Tipp's linebackers, they've got some solid ones.
That's cool but those dudes are pretty small. I'm sure they are tough as nails. Will need to strap it up for this game!

Tipp hasn't seen a team or defense like Bloom-Carroll.
The two best players on Tipp's defense are their two linebackers:

Josh Dietz: 6'1" 188lbs (or 6'1" 205lbs according to his hudl), Sr., arguably the best overall football player on the team
Cael Liette: 5'11" 161lbs (or 6'0" 180lbs according to his hudl), Jr., not huge, but has good speed for a linebacker and is a sure tackler

I'm a bit nervous for Tipp given Bloom-Carroll's size if they're able to push Tipp off the ball and just drive downfield for a handful of yards each play, but if it comes down to Tipp's linebackers, they've got some solid ones.
I’ve watched this tipp team on multiple occasions and I believe that these two guys are as good as Fred Warner. They have multiple weapons on offense so they can attack you from all angles with the QB of course: Liam Poronsky ’23, he’s a great dual threat QB that I believe can play at the D1 level and reminds me of Brett Farve. Next they have 6’3 WR Stanley Clyne, he runs like deer and if it’s thrown up he’s gonna get it and he shows hints of Stefon Diggs. Back to the defensive side of the ball Tipps boundary Corner Payton Bey ‘23, He may be small but if he hits you, you will feel it the rest of the week, resembling Jalen Ramsey. GO DEVILS!!!

I’ve watched this tipp team on multiple occasions and I believe that these two guys are as good as Fred Warner. They have multiple weapons on offense so they can attack you from all angles with the QB of course: Liam Poronsky ’23, he’s a great dual threat QB that I believe can play at the D1 level and reminds me of Brett Farve. Next they have 6’3 WR Stanley Clyne, he runs like deer and if it’s thrown up he’s gonna get it and he shows hints of Stefon Diggs. Back to the defensive side of the ball Tipps boundary Corner Payton Bey ‘23, He may be small but if he hits you, you will feel it the rest of the week, resembling Jalen Ramsey. GO DEVILS!!!
My prediction on game plan is this. Ive noticed Tipps successful Big TD plays are fades and slants to #17. And Tipp QB draw runs through the line with frequent missed tackles. Tipp fans realize.... BC does not stop pounding the football. Badin and western passed a good bit, even on shorter downs. Tipp has not seen a physical team like BC in the playoffs. BC will not pass and have a shoot out. They have two big RB’s that take multiple guys to stop moving forward. BC will Try and control clock and defense will most likely be prepared for QB run. BC linebacker #11 could spy QB and defense could use the blitz to throw off pass timing. Also badin and western both play man defense at times, which allowed for the deep fade to 17#. BC does not run man. Tipp will have success, and do what they do, but the time of possession will be a factor. I still believe special teams and FG kickers will win this game. Walk off FG or Block?

Great Article. Tipp has seen teams like BC, maybe not In the playoffs but Troy, Xenia and Piqua are all very similar to BC, huge offensive lines and runs power. Tipp has been successful against that this season. If it comes down to special teams, I’ll take Tipp and their all state kicker every day of the week

My prediction on game plan is this. Ive noticed Tipps successful Big TD plays are fades and slants to #17. And Tipp QB draw runs through the line with frequent missed tackles. Tipp fans realize.... BC does not stop pounding the football. Badin and western passed a good bit, even on shorter downs. Tipp has not seen a physical team like BC in the playoffs. BC will not pass and have a shoot out. They have two big RB’s that take multiple guys to stop moving forward. BC will Try and control clock and defense will most likely be prepared for QB run. BC linebacker #11 could spy QB and defense could use the blitz to throw off pass timing. Also badin and western both play man defense at times, which allowed for the deep fade to 17#. BC does not run man. Tipp will have success, and do what they do, but the time of possession will be a factor. I still believe special teams and FG kickers will win this game. Walk off FG or Block?
Great breakdown. Going to be an exciting game!

Anyone heard anything about Clyne? Hope it isn't too bad. Excited to be back for practice Thursday and cheering on the Red Devils at the final 4!

Poronsky is avery good high school quarterback. I do not imagine he is a d1 college recruit. Can anyone update his recruiting status please?. I believe Tipp's primary d1 recruit is their kicker who is very very hood and headed to Bowling Green.

Watterson thought the same then BC’s speedster had 17 carries for 188 and the bruiser added 140. I’ll agree the Tipp 5 man slant dline action will add a twist but BC is not like what Tipp has seen.

Attachments

• ECF36130-D8AD-426D-A61D-E79954AF6EBC.jpeg
    ECF36130-D8AD-426D-A61D-E79954AF6EBC.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 53C68432-244B-4DD1-B449-CA1E11D3620E.jpeg
    53C68432-244B-4DD1-B449-CA1E11D3620E.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 30
Watterson thought the same then BC’s speedster had 17 carries for 188 and the bruiser added 140. I’ll agree the Tipp 5 man slant dline action will add a twist but BC is not like what Tipp has seen.
Bishop Watterson Thought the Same??????
Now that’s Funny.
BC Hit The Laundry Lottery Jackpot.
BC very Fortunate.

One of the best parts of the playoffs is seeing how teams from different parts of the state match up against one another. I don’t know anything about Bloom Carroll other than that they knocked off Watterson last week. At this point, any team in the state semifinals is considered legitimate. Should be a great game. Hope the weather cooperates. I’m sure Tipp will bring a good crowd. Go Red Devils!

Bishop Watterson Thought the Same??????
Now that’s Funny.
BC Hit The Laundry Lottery Jackpot.
BC very Fortunate.
Point was about shutting down the run game. Was stated that Watterson figured teams out and would shut down BC. They did not. Speedster BC RB leading in voting for Dispatch Athlete of the Week as a result

Point was about shutting down the run game. Was stated that Watterson figured teams out and would shut down BC. They did not. Speedster BC RB leading in voting for Dispatch Athlete of the Week as a result
My point is it appears they did figure it out.
They just couldn’t out run the Laundry Truck.
Christmas came early for BC this year.

Wait, are you really comparing Tipp players to NFL legends? 😂

So far I have read the Tipp has a stellar defense, BC can’t block their quick line, LBs are two of the best, great QB, great RB, 2 great WRs, elite kicker, really good special teams, and they are just about the best coaches team you’ll find. WOW!! That big slow one dimensional team from BC has had a nice season . Get out the basketballs.

So far I have read the Tipp has a stellar defense, BC can’t block their quick line, LBs are two of the best, great QB, great RB, 2 great WRs, elite kicker, really good special teams, and they are just about the best coaches team you’ll find. WOW!! That big slow one dimensional team from BC has had a nice season . Get out the basketballs.
People really just want to hype their team up as much as they can at this point. Tipp is clearly pretty good to get this far in the postseason. However, the same thing is true for BC for the same reasons.

Size and scheme differences certainly add the intrigue, and I think it just comes down to how each team utilizes their advantages, but I don't think there can be a clear favorite going in to it. Obviously I want Tipp to win, but I can't predict how this one will play out.