Cross County Conference

I’m hearing Arcanum will be ok this year. They are traveling to Indiana to play a parochial from over there. Must be looking at big things.
I don't know much about Arcanum. They lost 7 Seniors, none of which were 1st team all league players. Looking at their schedule they don't play Fort Loramie this year, which is one for sure loss they avoid. I think they have 4 for sure wins on schedule, then games with TCN and National Trail that are also winnable. They play a team from Indiana that I know nothing about. Then Ansonia, Covington and Miami East. I certainly think that 6-4 or 7-3 is possible for them this year.

The passing game has been inconsistent. Wapak has the players to get it done but the offense hasn’t really been implemented yet and there are a lot of young pieces on the offense. They look good when the defenses give them what they want, but when they play certain defense that cover the only plays the players know they don’t do so well (They did very well against Huber Heights Wayne, Dover and Jackson, but struggled against Laramie and Findlay). I think it will be figured out by the beginning of the season
The Greenon Knights took it to Wapak at the UD 7on. of course, it was just a 7on7.

The Greenon Knights took it to Wapak at the UD 7on. of course, it was just a 7on7.

They sure did haha! Wapak had their second team in for that 7 on 7. They showed up late and most likely wanted their starters to get warmed up properly. The quarterback also forgot his helmet at home so the team was waiting for his parents to bring it. I think Greenon scored three times and Wapak scored once.

Arcanum will be solid. The seniors they lost lost playing time last year to under classmen. So that should play well for them this year. I can see them winning 8 and as little as 5.

Arcanum will be solid. The seniors they lost lost playing time last year to under classmen. So that should play well for them this year. I can see them winning 8 and as little as 5.
Milton scrimmages them again this year. Last year they got the best of MU.

If Arcanum can keep things moving in the right direction they could be in good shape when the conference shake up happens. If we remove Fort Loramie, Miami East, Covington and Bethel from the equation... the league is wide open (and not very good I know, lol).

Just curious. We are over halfway through the first official week of practice. Does anyone know how the numbers are looking for Miss Valley and Bradford?

MU and Covington played a very close scrimmage on sat. Both scored, Covington on a QB keep and MU on a pass play to their very athletic Freshman WR. Both will be good this year.

MU and Covington played a very close scrimmage on sat. Both scored, Covington on a QB keep and MU on a pass play to their very athletic Freshman WR. Both will be good this year.
I bet that was a very competitive scrimmage with 2 teams eyeing good seasons and getting into the playoffs.

Any reports from scrimmages of any of the other conference teams?

Not much chatter this year from CCC members.
Not at all. I know there's not a whole lot be overly excited about. We also may start to hear a little more over the next couple of weeks. I am still curious as to how the numbers are at Miss Valley and Bradford. I know last year this time there was a chance that both teams would not be able to field a team. Since we haven't heard anything, maybe both schools have good numbers out (I hope).

Not at all. I know there's not a whole lot be overly excited about. We also may start to hear a little more over the next couple of weeks. I am still curious as to how the numbers are at Miss Valley and Bradford. I know last year this time there was a chance that both teams would not be able to field a team. Since we haven't heard anything, maybe both schools have good numbers out (I hope).
So am I

I think MV has good numbers.

A friend of mine who always makes our opponents sound a lot better than us.....said he heard MV beat us (FR) in 7 on 7. Used that info to proclaim we must not be very good.

A friend of mine who always makes our opponents sound a lot better than us.....said he heard MV beat us (FR) in 7 on 7. Used that info to proclaim we must not be very good.
I don't think 7 on 7 means very much. I can state that last year I was actually impressed with MV, despite their low numbers. Their QB was pretty good and athletic. They spent a lot of time in shotgun throwing the ball around. They were better than I had expected. As for Bradford I saw a Twitter post stating that they scrimmaged Cedarville last Saturday. That's good news.

My 2019 predictions

Ft Loramie 9-1 I see 1-1 vs MAC and they will roll through CCC.
National Trail 8-2 This will be my sleeper team they don't play FL and after ME COV and ARC they should roll.
Covington 7-3 I want to say 6-4 but they have been the top dog for so long.
Miami East 6-4 But I feel 5-5 is where they will be. Tough schedule.
Arcanum 6-4 They should go 6-4 but don't be shocked if it's 8-2.
Tri Village 6-4 They have a cupcake schedule so it should make for the schools 1st winning season.
Ansonia 5-5 This is another team that could win 7 or 8 just depends on what they have back but for now 5-5.
TVS 3-7 Easy schedule and always a bottom tier team.
TCN 2-8 As a homer this one kills me as they could be 5-5 or 6-4 but they lost a lot and have a very tough schedule.
Bethel 2-8 Lost coach and good senior class with a tough schedule almost the same as TCN.
Bradford 1-9 MV Brad game will be a slobber knocker.
MV 0-10 Read above.

Ansonia TV FL should make D7R28 playoff
Arcanum Cov and NT should make D6R24 playoff
ME needs 7-3 to have a shot at D5R20

With almost all the MAC schools out of those regions the CCC will get at least 4 teams in but I see 6 which seems like an impossible task but it is shaping up that way.

My 2019 predictions

Ft Loramie 9-1 I see 1-1 vs MAC and they will roll through CCC.
National Trail 8-2 This will be my sleeper team they don't play FL and after ME COV and ARC they should roll.
Covington 7-3 I want to say 6-4 but they have been the top dog for so long.
Miami East 6-4 But I feel 5-5 is where they will be. Tough schedule.
Arcanum 6-4 They should go 6-4 but don't be shocked if it's 8-2.
Tri Village 6-4 They have a cupcake schedule so it should make for the schools 1st winning season.
Ansonia 5-5 This is another team that could win 7 or 8 just depends on what they have back but for now 5-5.
TVS 3-7 Easy schedule and always a bottom tier team.
TCN 2-8 As a homer this one kills me as they could be 5-5 or 6-4 but they lost a lot and have a very tough schedule.
Bethel 2-8 Lost coach and good senior class with a tough schedule almost the same as TCN.
Bradford 1-9 MV Brad game will be a slobber knocker.
MV 0-10 Read above.

Ansonia TV FL should make D7R28 playoff
Arcanum Cov and NT should make D6R24 playoff
ME needs 7-3 to have a shot at D5R20

With almost all the MAC schools out of those regions the CCC will get at least 4 teams in but I see 6 which seems like an impossible task but it is shaping up that way.
I know it's just predictions, so I'm not saying you are wrong by any means. Its just some pretty bold predictions for some of the teams. I do think Trail and Tri Village will both be better this year, but I'm not sure I'm buying into them as much as you. Time will tell. Also if MV returns any of the skill players they had last year... there is no way they are 0-10. They were 4-6 last year and could have easily been .500 or better. They also beat up on Arcanum and Tri Village.

kinda surprising that the Fort would lose a 7 on 7.... I would think what personal they have returning, they would do rather well in the 7 on 7's

I know it's just predictions, so I'm not saying you are wrong by any means. Its just some pretty bold predictions for some of the teams. I do think Trail and Tri Village will both be better this year, but I'm not sure I'm buying into them as much as you. Time will tell. Also if MV returns any of the skill players they had last year... there is no way they are 0-10. They were 4-6 last year and could have easily been .500 or better. They also beat up on Arcanum and Tri Village.

Don't get me wrong just because I have some teams at 6-4 doesn't mean they could beat a 2-8 team. Point in case I think if TCN played TV TCN would win. TV has a very weak schedule and I just feel like they will go 6-4. Looking at MV yeah I'm most likely wrong as they do have some talented athletes and the jr high is pretty good from what I've heard so maybe they are on the up. So yeah I could see MV going 4-6. NT has been going up for a few years now and I just get the feeling this will be a breakout year for them same with Arcanum as I see them sneaking in the playoffs. The way I see those 2 teams right now as the top teams in the new conference when that starts. Both schools have really good young talent coming up MV might be 3rd.

Don't get me wrong just because I have some teams at 6-4 doesn't mean they could beat a 2-8 team. Point in case I think if TCN played TV TCN would win. TV has a very weak schedule and I just feel like they will go 6-4. Looking at MV yeah I'm most likely wrong as they do have some talented athletes and the jr high is pretty good from what I've heard so maybe they are on the up. So yeah I could see MV going 4-6. NT has been going up for a few years now and I just get the feeling this will be a breakout year for them same with Arcanum as I see them sneaking in the playoffs. The way I see those 2 teams right now as the top teams in the new conference when that starts. Both schools have really good young talent coming up MV might be 3rd.
I could agree with what you are saying. I think it'll be interesting this year with TCN being down some, and then we are unsure about teams like Bethel and Ansonia. Those 3 teams are usually in the top half. With the way the league schedule can play out for some teams, it's very possible for a team to sneak to 6-4 this year. I'm looking forward to seeing how things play out.

If Ansonia stays healthy, they should should be pretty good! Returns most of the backfield consisting of a couple 2-3 year starters along with a 3 year starter at qb. Also have a 4 yr starter anchoring the line. But the best kept secret of the off season is Eugene Hoening retired after I think 38-39 yrs at head coach. But will be smooth transition to Matt Macy, who has been the offensive coordinator for past several years.

As for above predictions- I promise you MV will NOT be 0-10. More like 4 to 6 wins.

Arcanum is ok, young last year but does have leagues most overrated coach. Probably 4-5 wins.

Trail is also decent but lost qb and a huge lost of their very talented wr to a rumored season ending injury.

Loramie and Covington heads above everyone!!

If Ansonia stays healthy, they should should be pretty good! Returns most of the backfield consisting of a couple 2-3 year starters along with a 3 year starter at qb. Also have a 4 yr starter anchoring the line. But the best kept secret of the off season is Eugene Hoening retired after I think 38-39 yrs at head coach. But will be smooth transition to Matt Macy, who has been the offensive coordinator for past several years.

As for above predictions- I promise you MV will NOT be 0-10. More like 4 to 6 wins.

Arcanum is ok, young last year but does have leagues most overrated coach. Probably 4-5 wins.

Trail is also decent but lost qb and a huge lost of their very talented wr to a rumored season ending injury.

Loramie and Covington heads above everyone!!
Interesting

Hoening retired. Ok. That would tell me things at AuntSonia (?) could be less than par. Good program and great kids. Never over look the Tigers.

Just saw the new schedule for Milton-Union for 2021 and I see National Trail is our opener. ?. Any thoughts on that Match-Up? Trail any good? MU will be in the new Three Rivers Conf in 2021. Opening with Trail then taking on Valley View and Oakwood who are currently both on the schedule.

Hoening retired. Ok. That would tell me things at AuntSonia (?) could be less than par. Good program and great kids. Never over look the Tigers.

Just saw the new schedule for Milton-Union for 2021 and I see National Trail is our opener. ?. Any thoughts on that Match-Up? Trail any good? MU will be in the new Three Rivers Conf in 2021. Opening with Trail then taking on Valley View and Oakwood who are currently both on the schedule.
Where did you see the 2021 schedule?