Country Music Legend Kenny Rogers Dies At 81

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Country music icon Kenny Rogers, whose hits included "Lucille," "Lady" and "The Gambler," died late Friday at his home in Sandy Springs, Ga., his family said in a statement. He was 81.

The Houston-born country star had 20 No.-1 hits and three Grammys and performed for some 60 years before retiring from touring in 2017 at age 79, according to the Associated Press.

Rogers didn't write most of his hits and often said he didn't consider himself much of a songwriter. But he told NPR in 2012 that he had a knack for picking songs that could draw in the listener.

Few days have passed when I have neither thought of nor tried to sing Lady. Wish I had his range.

Not much info put out about his family all about his music,he was married many times.

But it won't be long, I've heard them say, until I'm not around
Oh Ruby, don't take your love to town

He had a lot of plastic surgery done to his face as he got older, sad people are so vain. Won’t help him much now

No one got this joke because I couldn’t find the Eastbound and Down scene with Kenny Powers and Ashley Shaffer that ends with Kenny Rogers‘ Love Will Turn you Around. One of his best songs that was even better closing out that episode.

This one?

:>---

SALT

The tribute on CMT was okay, but could have been much better. You had artists singing his songs. It was an hour long and they sang too many of his lesser known songs and left out quite a few big ones.

Maybe the hard core fans loved it, but man play the biggest of hits!