Corona Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

The 2020 offseason is off and running. But with this "pandemic" going round, who knows what might happen. Back in my era we wouldn't cancel school let alone sporting events, this generation is just soft. SImple as that

Did you walk 10 miles, barefoot, uphill both ways to school everyday too?

I watched an interview with a guy from the CDC. He estimates that 480,000 in this country will die from this. It has nothing to do with "being soft", it's about saving lives! Even if it blows over, why take the risk? If it's just a matter of toughness, would you accept an invitation to go hang out with the Utah Jazz right now?

The 2020 offseason is off and running. But with this "pandemic" going round, who knows what might happen. Back in my era we wouldn't cancel school let alone sporting events, this generation is just soft. SImple as that
What are you talking about? This generation!? You act like the kids are cancelling the events, it's our 73 year old Governor! Jerry Snodgrass is around 65 years old?! GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!!!

Such a BS excuse to cancel, really going to let a single cell organism keep them from getting better. And we can't play the "boomer" card because we used agent orange back in Nam. It is all a mindset thing, this is setting them up for failure.

Did you walk 10 miles, barefoot, uphill both ways to school everyday too?

I watched an interview with a guy from the CDC. He estimates that 480,000 in this country will die from this. It has nothing to do with "being soft", it's about saving lives! Even if it blows over, why take the risk? If it's just a matter of toughness, would you accept an invitation to go hang out with the Utah Jazz right now?
And other infectious disease experts have said that once the temperatures are above 80 and sunshine, the virus can't live outside the body for more than a few seconds. There is so much misinformation spewed by the media and social media that nobody knows what the actual facts are. Now we are at a point where you can't be the group that doesn't react. If you are, one case could turn into a lawsuit and destroy your league, business or organization.

Last edited:
People are ignorant. It’s about protecting the people it affects. If we keep all these events and then you idiots pick it up and infect your 80 year old relative and they die you’ll think differently. At least you can say your a real man. Everything should be canceled for a few weeks to let this thing run its course to end it early. Use your brains.

And other infectious disease experts have said that once the temperatures are above 80 and sunshine, the virus can't live outside the body for more than a few seconds. There is so much misinformation spewed by the media and social media that nobody knows what the actual facts are. Now we are at a point where you can't be the group that doesn't react. If you are, one case could turn into a lawsuit and destroy your league, business or organization.
Well that's still 4 months away in ohio.

It is crazy to think that this is currently impacting .000004% of the United States population and this is the reaction. I would much rather be safe than sorry but considering the small amount of impact so far it does seem like a bit much.

.000004.... can't get over that statistic

It is crazy to think that this is currently impacting .000004% of the United States population and this is the reaction. I would much rather be safe than sorry but considering the small amount of impact so far it does seem like a bit much.

.000004.... can't get over that statistic

It makes sense at one level. However, if the number of cases double weekly for 6 weeks (which experts believe is entirely possible), you're talking about a little over a thousand cases becoming 80,000.

Perspective for the "back in my day" crowd - this virus has been found to have up to a 10 day incubation period. That means, if exposed today it could be up to 10 days before you show any symptoms. So if large crowds get together (even with no one exhibiting symptoms) the virus can spread. And so on and so on.

US has 1400 REPORTED cases as of today. That's great. If travel/group interactions are limited & the rate of new cases stabilizes and then eventually decreases (and weather does get warmer in parts of the country) then we'll all be fine.

S. Korea had a MASSIVE outbreak and immediately went to travel restrictions & cancelling public events. They've stabilized.

Italy said "who, us?" and did next to nothing and now they have a significantly higher death rate & new case rate than anyone else in the world.

For any hardcore football meatheads that are still reading, think of it this way: we lift in the spring & summer to be ready for the fall. In this case we need to avoid unnecessary exposure & travel to be fine in a few weeks.

People are ignorant. It’s about protecting the people it affects. If we keep all these events and then you idiots pick it up and infect your 80 year old relative and they die you’ll think differently. At least you can say your a real man. Everything should be canceled for a few weeks to let this thing run its course to end it early. Use your brains.

This. School kids and younger adults would get over it but pretty deadly to those in their 70's and 80's. F 'em?

COLUMBUS - Ohio’s schools will close for at least three weeks, starting at the end of classes Monday, as state health officials work to limit the spread of coronavirus.
Gov. Mike DeWine announced Thursday that public and private, kindergarten through 12th-grade schools will close from Tuesday through April 3. It’s not yet clear how the closure will affect state testing. DeWine said the closures do not include preschools and child care centers.

Yep, you're right. It's "This generation" that is controlling the media, world governments, and making decisions about all of this.

Moron.

I am amazed by the people that are calling kids soft, not backing decisions being made at local and national levels to STOP the spreading of this virus. This is a pandemic like we have never seen before. Even the health experts have admitted that they do not know everything there is to know about this particular virus. But they all agree it is serious and not to be taken likely. I for 1 am on the side of caution and am in favor of doing whatever the EXPERTS say is the best way to handle this. Not what yappi bloggers that are uneducated about Corona Virus or anyone that is uneducated regarding this. This is about big picture and public health. Common sense really does lack in many people.

Last edited:
Why do we keep calling kids soft when they have no decision in any of this? This is yet another example in a LOOONG list of things that our baby boom generation has messed up. This became political from day 1. Trump's decisions of travel restrictions were automatically criticized by the left when they were made. Trump also didn't make all the decisions necessary to help curtail this because of fear of how it would effect the stock market, which has now made the stock market more tumultuous.

This is going to have a ripple effect that has the possibility to impact our economy negatively in ways we haven't seen in generations. This could have and should have been avoided all together. All we had to do was shut down all international trade and travel back around Christmas. Yes, it would have sucked, but we wouldn't be cancelling school, sports, etc.

This current generation of leaders, on both sides, have got to stop dropping the ball on literally every single issue. This has been going on for 30+ years. When are we going to stop excepting ineptitude and demand common sense?

Ah, yes, our Neanderthals come out to make foolish political statements. There is a virus with no known vaccine that’s killing people. If it doesn’t kill you , it makes you sick for weeks ( missing pay for not working) and you remain infected so you will pass it on thru the population (family, friends, strangers). It’s a disease. Clearly, our science haters care not a twit about others. Ignorance is bliss.

I gotta throw my Gen X or very close to boomer hat in. I do think social media and the media have played a huge role in this. I get the 3 week closure due to panic, but cancelling the events that are several months from now? In the words of Biden, "C'mon man." In 2009, we didn't close anything that I can remember. Was H1N1 just not as big of a concern, or has the social media/media machine just been too powerful? I watched a program today that the anchors were acting panicked.

Bottom line I think its universal that we feel for student athletes both college and high school.

They sure did!
so does that mean we were soft in the 70's because OPEC forced us to shut down haha, people are insane

I don't mind them doing what they are doing, trying to stop the virus from spiking and putting immense pressure on our healthcare facilities.

so does that mean we were soft in the 70's because OPEC forced us to shut down haha, people are insane

I don't mind them doing what they are doing, trying to stop the virus from spiking and putting immense pressure on our healthcare facilities.
Not at all. It was the right thing to do then as it is the right thing to do now. Schools and governments had to conserve oil used to heat boilers and save on fuel for the buses.

Status
Not open for further replies.