Corona Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know we're in trouble when a significant % of the population (not naming names) believe their favorite politician or talk show host over the best doctors in the world and science in general. Makes dummies feel smart I guess idk. Ask Rudy Gobert how that worked out.

Did you walk 10 miles, barefoot, uphill both ways to school everyday too?

I watched an interview with a guy from the CDC. He estimates that 480,000 in this country will die from this. It has nothing to do with "being soft", it's about saving lives! Even if it blows over, why take the risk? If it's just a matter of toughness, would you accept an invitation to go hang out with the Utah Jazz right now?
And what if he is wrong and very few people die. We closed schools cancelled tourneys and put people out of work for what ?

And what if he is wrong and very few people die. We closed schools cancelled tourneys and put people out of work for what ?
There's an old saying, perhaps you have heard it before...... "Better safe than sorry."

Literally closing schools, cancelling tourneys and putting people out of work is to prevent large numbers of deaths. So if very few people die, then these procedures worked.

And what if he's correct and we do nothing to help prevent the spread? Many more people will die! If he is wrong about people dying, then the worst that happens is kids miss some school, we canceled some events, and some people couldn't work for a few weeks. If he's correct, then people die. If you can't see what the lesser of the 2 evils are, then I don't know what else to tell you. If you think this is being blown out of proportion, then go and volunteer at a hospital where there are some infected people and help out........WITHOUT any protective gear! Since this is no big deal, you will have nothing to worry about, right?

A pandemic with a large number of lives at stake and we get to see thought processes that belongs back in the Middle Ages. Just fricking amazing !

There's an old saying, perhaps you have heard it before...... "Better safe than sorry."

Literally closing schools, cancelling tourneys and putting people out of work is to prevent large numbers of deaths. So if very few people die, then these procedures worked.

I wonder if same poster is asking why cut CDC and pandemic response capabilities to save a nickel when the alternative costs a billion nickels? The shortages, confusion, uncertainty, and "overreactions" we see today are directly related to how well we are prepared to handle such a crisis. The lack of honest information (and deliberate misinformation) coming from the top doesn't help either. And I don't mean Dr. Fauci.

I wonder if same poster is asking why cut CDC and pandemic response capabilities to save a nickel when the alternative costs a billion nickels? The shortages, confusion, uncertainty, and "overreactions" we see today are directly related to how well we are prepared to handle such a crisis. The lack of honest information (and deliberate misinformation) coming from the top doesn't help either. And I don't mean Dr. Fauci.

Of course I ask and wonder why CDC and related expenses were cut. As I said earlier, our leadership on both sides for decades have continuously failed us. This is just the status quo now for our leaders.

We spend too much money on superfluous and nonsensical projects and programs and don't spend money on things we actually need.

A pandemic with a large number of lives at stake and we get to see thought processes that belongs back in the Middle Ages. Just fricking amazing !

Isn't amazing and sad what we are reading on this thread from people thinking this should be business as usual. This thread should get shut down simply because of STUPIDITY, SELFISHNESS, and complete IGNORANCE!!!!

It is crazy to think that this is currently impacting .000004% of the United States population and this is the reaction. I would much rather be safe than sorry but considering the small amount of impact so far it does seem like a bit much.

.000004.... can't get over that statistic

That's how global pandemics start - small

It is crazy to think that this is currently impacting .000004% of the United States population and this is the reaction. I would much rather be safe than sorry but considering the small amount of impact so far it does seem like a bit much.

.000004.... can't get over that statistic

No, it’s impacting much much more, it’s just the US completely failed when it comes to testing and has for weeks. The US has tested in its entirety fewer people than South Korea does daily. Conservative estimates are around 15-20K infected and exponentially growing.

This is just another liberal conspiracy to stop our president.

Yeah, the Democrats were able to start a global pandemic all the way in China by having people eat snakes, knowing full well that it would spread across the globe eventually landing here potentially killing hundreds of thousands of Americans, all with the hopes that it will help remove trump from office. You nailed it. Shhhh, don't tell anyone!

Yeah, the Democrats were able to start a global pandemic all the way in China by having people eat snakes, knowing full well that it would spread across the globe eventually landing here potentially killing hundreds of thousands of Americans, all with the hopes that it will help remove trump from office. You nailed it. Shhhh, don't tell anyone!
Makes sense . Couldn’t get him with Mueller or impeachment so they engineered a virus to make him look bad. Make sure you vote in November the liberal snowflakes must be stopped!!! Keep America Great!!!

Makes sense . Couldn’t get him with Mueller or impeachment so they engineered a virus to make him look bad. Make sure you vote in November the liberal snowflakes must be stopped!!! Keep America Great!!!
Come on now, everyone knows that the democrats made a deal with the Chinese government to release this from their research site in Wuhan in an attempt to undermine Trump and make him look bad before the election.

You people acting like this is no big deal - just the common flu or whatever - are crazy. This is a gravely serious thing and we need to act accordingly.

And other infectious disease experts have said that once the temperatures are above 80 and sunshine, the virus can't live outside the body for more than a few seconds. There is so much misinformation spewed by the media and social media that nobody knows what the actual facts are. Now we are at a point where you can't be the group that doesn't react. If you are, one case could turn into a lawsuit and destroy your league, business or organization.

I spoke with an ER doctor earlier this evening. He described the climate today as “unnecessary panic“ regarding the Coronavirus. People are rushing to the ERs to be tested for the slightest cough or sniffle thus preventing the doctors from treating the folks who really need the medical care.

You know we're in trouble when a significant % of the population (not naming names) believe their favorite politician or talk show host over the best doctors in the world and science in general.
At least 100,000 Ohioans have been infected with COVID-19 and we know who 13 of them are.

About 3120 Chinese have died, but we are told at least half a million Americans will die.

I do believe the best doctors in the world, but I'm not sure what it is they know.

Status
Not open for further replies.