Concession Stand Delicacies of Ohio

Posts 63 & 64 from last year. Who was the poster that waxed so eloquently a few years back about the Kenmore coneys?

"Smoove Mooves" has taken up that mantle from "Take it 2 Tha Bank." There was another Akron poster named "Pastor Pigskin" who may have made a few colorful references to the Kenmore Coney as well.

The bowl of beef and noodles at the Versailles Track Invite always hit the spot. Not sure if it's available at their football games as I'm strictly a popcorn guy during the football season.

Have never been in Bucyrus for an actual game, but I would be disappointed if their schools didn’t serve great bratwurst at the games.
I went to the Wynford v Galion. opening week game on a Thursday night this year. It was held during the Bratfest that happens in Bucyrus(a mile from Wynfords field) and I was greatly disappointed. It was one of the worst brats I’ve ever had… I didn’t even finish it. Extremely disappointed all things considered.
I attribute at least one of their turnovers in that game to dropping the ball on the brats.

"Smoove Mooves" has taken up that mantle from "Take it 2 Tha Bank." There was another Akron poster named "Pastor Pigskin" who may have made a few colorful references to the Kenmore Coney as well.
Now THOSE are 2 Names from the PAST. Last Smoove had heard Pastor was finishing up his doctorate. Smoove had to believe that Pastor Pigskin was truly divine in his predictions. On the money in so many of them, excellent insights, and to make it even more incredible, the Man added mcuh humor and color to his predictions.
Take it 2 Tha Bank was another classic poster that Smoove never had the idealic pleasure of meeting, but Tha Bank might very well have been for Yappi, kind of like how RunDMC & Tupac were to rap. Setting the foundations for all on this site. If the foundation ain't solid, if it ain't grounded, it will fall. Look what Yappi has become, yo! Mad props to Pastor Pigskin and Take it 2 Tha Bank. Though no one knows the roads that you have travelled, where they have led you, Smoove appreciates your many gifts to this site and you both are true trailblazers. WORD!

Now, as for the concessions, Smoove feels very uneasy about the fate that The Kenmore Koney has taken. While Smoove has heard that Garfield will play home games at the stadium, it ain't gonna be the same as the Garfield Koney. Nope. Nada. NIL! Smoove has a heavy burden knowing that that delicious sauce will no longer be served at the hallowed grounds of George Brode Stadium. Makes me feel haunted by all of those bright sunny Saturdays in Kenmore, ordering a 6-pack of those 7-inches of beautifulness from the bearded, toothless babushka'd band grandma who always tried to get Smoove to give her his digits (and only 1 time did Smoove oblige because there were 4 tallboys of Busch Light left in my car cooler from Friday night game I went to and just was buzzin' a little too much....had to change my number after that one, though). As I would eat those bundles of joy, I am not even reminded of the pain and torture those doggone things caused Smoove about 8 and a half minutes after eating them. Pain, Doubled-over Cramps, and lots of begging, pleading and praying to the Good Lord to let Smoove make it to the bathroom. SMoove swears he sold his soul 30+ times imploring the Good Lord to not allow Smoove to Moove in his stone-washed jeans. Every time The Man came through for Smoove. But Smoove digresses, let's get back to the best concessions.

LAke has some nice concessions, but it is hard to keep one's eyes on what to order when there are so many fine ladies serving it up (in more ways than 1, YO!). Smoove knows lots of the people in Uniontown, and they have lots of props at the concession.
Coventry has really brought MAD GAME to their concessions at Memorial Stadium. Pizza, Comet Combo, Dippin' Dots are a Smoove weakness, among many vices Smoove has, pretzels and what this dude believes to be the best distraction to what is actually happening on the football field this year!
Wadsworth has nice concessions, Jackson brings their A-gamer and makes it kind of POLAR-Bearizing....LOL, Smoove has mad skills!
Massillon has upped their concessions to a solid B+; overall, Gotta give the Suburban League mad props, but Smoove votes for the Federal League to have the best overall concessions in the Summit/ Stark area. Just please keep in mind all the fond memories of all the MOOves Smoove had on many sunny September and October Saturday afternoons in Kenmore. Oh, and make no error, Smoove made many MOOOOoooves on ladies on Fridays, Saturdays, oh, heck, any day that ended in '..day" in Kenmore, in Ellet, in Firestone Park, in Green, in Wadsworth, in Kenmore again, in Ellet lotsa mo times, and even in North Canton, Yo!
IN all seriousness, just support those concessions and do it right. Peace! See you at some Coventry games sometime.....

I went to the Wynford v Galion. opening week game on a Thursday night this year. It was held during the Bratfest that happens in Bucyrus(a mile from Wynfords field) and I was greatly disappointed. It was one of the worst brats I’ve ever had… I didn’t even finish it. Extremely disappointed all things considered.
I attribute at least one of their turnovers in that game to dropping the ball on the brats.
Very disappointing.

The bowl of beef and noodles at the Versailles Track Invite always hit the spot. Not sure if it's available at their football games as I'm strictly a popcorn guy during the football season.
They might actually. I think they have bratwurst and sauerkraut too if you're into that.

St Marys Memorial has a burger that uses donuts for buns.

I'm up in the box and loved when one of the mom's would come up and get our orders just before halftime.
It was delicious. Anymore most places do not offer a meal (which is not an issue most times as part of the fun of friday night lights is picking where to eat after a game).

Gahanna used to have a Dick Dog. However their stadium was torn down and not sure if new one has reopened. Wonder if the new concession stand will carry it or not.

I've been covertly sending to the neighborhood school's AD, recipes for groundhog. Maybe solve a couple problems, like why is it the only city school, even though second oldest and the Super's alma, not to have a track. It has a nice colony where the track should be and there are no seasons for the hunt. Dem's good eatin. Hungarian groundhog goulash. Groundhog tacos. Groundhog ice cream. Deep fried groundhog on a stick....

Last edited:
I've been covertly sending to the neighborhood school's AD, recipes for groundhog. Maybe solve a couple problems, like why is it the only city school, even though second oldest and the Super's alma, not to have a track. It has a nice colony where the track should be and there are no seasons for the hunt. Dem's good eatin. Hungarian groundhog goulash. Groundhog tacos. Groundhog ice cream. Deep fried groundhog on a stick....
I'm sensing a 4-day festival opportunity here. Say, third weekend in September.

Let me know when you get the milkshake recipe.

Not sure on a lot of other places some of these posts look delicious!

If your coming to a game at Beloit I would recommend the Pepperoni Rolls (band Concession) or the "warrior" burger (athletic booster).

Smoove is glad Freak Hands started this. SOme things do not get mentioned like they should, they do not get the mad props they should, and such a thing is the concession stands. The people working in these are volunteering their time, working hard, and are the salt of the Earth, yo!

Also give mad props to the cheerleaders. THey work their hearts out, keep the faith even if their tea mis as bad as Coventry is this year, but keep leading the cheers. No punches thrown here, yo, Smoove is making some serious cracks on the COmet football team this year, but I give thedudes massive and mad props for keeping their wits and playing hard. KEEP DOING THAT! This year may not yield any victories on the gridiron, but the experience gained, the lessons learned from pushing and staying the course will pay the dividends next year if you all stick together, work hard, hit the weight room with passion, intensity and purpose. Keep goin' at it! SMOOVE will keep supporting (and making uncalled for, yet hilarious posts) y'all! GO COMETS!

On a side note, Smooove was workin' it Saturday night and gots himself a date this weekend, YO! Gonna take girly to a nice place, like Applebee's or something, go get the drink on at the club, maybe get her on the floor for some of SMOOVE'S MOOOVES, and then let the MAGIKK take its course. Once they see Smoove's Mooves, Smoove becomes irresistable and it is like taking candy from a baby. Ba-da-BOOM BOOM!

The Thunderdog.......WHat a great name for an item. Makes Smoove want to drive several hundred miles to get one of those bad boyz!

Licking Valley has the best loaded brat that I’ve had at a HS game. Also their cheerleaders were selling home made caramel apples the last time I was there. Top notch concessions.

Goot evenin to yall!
Many seasons have done passed since Pastor has posted. But y’all weren’t never far from Pastor Lucius heart. When they shut down the OG (that be the Original Garfield), the Gridiron Cathedral felt on hard times and, I am sad to say, Pastor had to close the doors. Y’all, it still pains me deep down in here, in my heart, when I think about shuttin‘ off the lights for the last time. But nuff bout them sad days, we talkin‘ concessions up in here! Now many of y’all sing the praise to the Kenmore Koney, and in fact Pastor brought the fire from the press box at the Gridiron Cathedral many a time giving’ thanks for that Koney. It should also be said that Pastor also brought the burnin’ fire in the mens locker room after hisself takin’ down a Koney or three (many thanks and apoplogies to Clyde Dembo, the head groundskeeper at the Gridiron, for bein’ a magician with the mop). Anyways y’all, Pastor think it safe to say that the Kenmore Koney is a first ballot pick to the Concession Hall of Fame. Now I can’t speak about these other places since Pastor ain’t allowed within 1000 feet of a school. He also ain’t allowed back in the Arlington Street Waffle House, but those be tales for nother time.