Concession Stand Delicacies of Ohio

You have to give huge kudos to the countless women and men who staff and provide food for their school's concession stands, especially those who make the food. They are such an integral part of the success of any program and are so often forgotten. A big "Thanks" for everything you do for your kids, your schools, and your communities.

Have never been in Bucyrus for an actual game, but I would be disappointed if their schools didn’t serve great bratwurst at the games.
I was there last week for the Bratwurst Festival. The stand I bought from was selling Carle's bratwurst. It was OK, but I wasn't blown away by it.

Tri-Village (Darke County) has a local butcher shop (Ketring Meat) set up a big grill for concessions. They usually have pork chop sandwiches, bacon cheeseburgers (bacon and and cheese mixed into the beef) and a rotation of sausages; sometimes a brat or a jalapeno brat... Great seeing a local business and school help each other out.
I was not aware of that, but I suspect you will see more schools doing this sort of thing going forward, making that match between local food shop and a captive audience. Licensed food trucks seem to be showing up in some large school parking lots on certain games for an hour or two. Not necessarily football night, but soccer and cross country events. The Eaton invitational is packed with a weekend of good food and entertainment.

Ketring is getting a leg up on Winners taking it to the future customers of the community. Playing the long game.

Springfield Shawnee had one of the local food trucks partially setup for home games last year. Doesn't appear they are back this year.

I was not aware of that, but I suspect you will see more schools doing this sort of thing going forward, making that match between local food shop and a captive audience. Licensed food trucks seem to be showing up in some large school parking lots on certain games for an hour or two. Not necessarily football night, but soccer and cross country events. The Eaton invitational is packed with a weekend of good food and entertainment.

Ketring is getting a leg up on Winners taking it to the future customers of the community. Playing the long game.
I know they’re at Tri-Village and Dixie. I heard they had won a contract to supply UD with meat as well. Not 100% on that though

Food that I remember from going to games in the 90's and early 2000's:

Massillon - Wendy's chili

Akron Buchtel - Sausage sandwich

Kenmore - Coney dogs

Rubber bowl - Nachos and cheese

Canton Fieldhouse (bball) - butter with a side of popcorn

I was there last week for the Bratwurst Festival. The stand I bought from was selling Carle's bratwurst. It was OK, but I wasn't blown away by it.
The Brats at the games are top notch. They don't come from Carle's, but (I believe) the drive thru just south of downtown.

What- "Raider Fries" (no jalapenos for me)
Where- Mollenkopf Stadium: Warren, OH

FB_IMG_1693250874004.jpg

The Kenmore " coney dog" the gift that kept giving and giving and giving!! Good eating, not so good later!! Too bad Akron City Schools decided to close Kenmore and do away with all that school's history. Even the stadium is run down and rarely used...sad.

The Kenmore " coney dog" the gift that kept giving and giving and giving!! Good eating, not so good later!! Too bad Akron City Schools decided to close Kenmore and do away with all that school's history. Even the stadium is run down and rarely used...sad.
Posts 63 & 64 from last year. Who was the poster that waxed so eloquently a few years back about the Kenmore coneys?