Competitive balance

You are no different than the elderly, young and single, or people with no kids, or no house. We all have the same right to vote For or Against school levies. However it is pretty myopic not to realize how you and your neighborhood benefit from a strong public school system.
If only there were more of them. The last school levy that failed in our suburb the first reaction from the School Districts was to claim because it was all the Private parents voting against it. And so there first plan of action was to quit running buses for the private school kids even though our taxes paid for those services. To bully us into voting for their Levy. Of course since the last Levy their School District grade dropped from a B to a C- then for a brief time to a D. Maybe that was the reason their Levy failed. You Think?????

I went to public school. My freshman year a girl was caught with drugs at school and expelled. She was back within a month because no other school would accept her and since she lived within the district lines we were required to educate her. Have never seen a private be required to educate a student.
Never seen a Public Kid have to pay tuition

Its Hilarious . Any of you whiners ever been to Mason HS, Cols.Upper Arlington , Any of the New Olentangy HS, The Dublin HS's , New Albany, ? Those are the finest HS facilities tax money can buy. Everything a kid , a parent, a coach, a teacher would want. High Teacher Salaries , Beautiful Weight Rooms, Training Rooms, FB, BB, Baseball, Track, Gymnastic, Wrestling facilities you name it they have it. And its all paid for by tax payers. And yet you argue about cheating and unfair advantages. C'mon man thats weak. Mason has more boys than any school in the State and they are mediocre at best in Football and most other sports.
If i'm a Coach at any of those type HS and i'm losing kids to Private Schools i got no one to blame but the man in the mirror. Because i got every advantage a coach would want and i'm making double income Coaching compared to the majority of Privates and a excellent retirement plan.

But maybe thats the problem me and my kids have it to good and it shows in our performance......

You are correct. But you are missing the point. A private school can kick out those kids and not accept them back. A public cannot.

While I agree most privates are going to accept anyone who wants to pay, they aren't required to. If a kid is too much trouble this year, they can refuse them the following year.
And that affected your boys or girls sports program how? Was that girl in the boys locker room dealing? Believe me Privates have there share of kids just like that......

And that affected your boys or girls sports program how? Was that girl in the boys locker room dealing? Believe me Privates have there share of kids just like that......
This all relates back to your response to a post about Privates being allowed to choose their kids and Public not being able to. To answer the question in this post, at that time it did not affect our athletic division. But if this were to occur now it could be the difference between our current division and dropping a division because we are right on the line.

Well if you cannot break the privates off from the publics and the teams that win all the time recruit and cheat, how are you supposed to solve the issue of the same 10 teams who win by breaking the rules. Bump up the top 5% and get all the cheaters in the same top 2 divisions.
If OHSAA doesn’t do anything to all of these schools public and private that “openly” cheat there are options. I’ve said it before but not every community’s once in a lifetime talented team is obligated to receive a state championship! Maybe these “homegrown” teams that have fans that think they always play by the rules can petition to have the equivalent of a NIT. If you think your home grown boys are great but don’t like how other more talented rosters are formed opt out of their playoff opportunity to challenge themselves against the best and try to get like minded schools to set up your own mini bracket. Then you can have your once in a lifetime team get their championship instead of maybe fighting and losing a close battle in a regional championship against an eventual state champion that attracts athletes due to perceived better academics, or more discipline, or better athletic opportunities.

Its Hilarious . Any of you whiners ever been to Mason HS, Cols.Upper Arlington , Any of the New Olentangy HS, The Dublin HS's , New Albany, ? Those are the finest HS facilities tax money can buy. Everything a kid , a parent, a coach, a teacher would want. High Teacher Salaries , Beautiful Weight Rooms, Training Rooms, FB, BB, Baseball, Track, Gymnastic, Wrestling facilities you name it they have it. And its all paid for by tax payers. And yet you argue about cheating and unfair advantages. C'mon man thats weak. Mason has more boys than any school in the State and they are mediocre at best in Football and most other sports.
If i'm a Coach at any of those type HS and i'm losing kids to Private Schools i got no one to blame but the man in the mirror. Because i got every advantage a coach would want and i'm making double income Coaching compared to the majority of Privates and a excellent retirement plan.

But maybe thats the problem me and my kids have it to good and it shows in our performance......
And that is why teams like Springfield mop the floor with those cake-eaters come playoff time. I'd take hungry kids from the trenches each and every time. They have everything they want and then some and thus the hunger is gone.

Facilities don't win football games coaches do. Marion Local facilities are likely middle of the road in the MAC, maybe I am wrong but from what I have read on yappi Clinton Massie does not have the best facilities either yet all they do is win. Winning football is all about the man on the sideline.

I have a relative who was causing issues at her local public school her parents decided to pay for her to attend a local private school where she soon nearly caused a mass casualty event. They expelled her back to public school the next day. Private schools have MUCh more control on who they teach and for how long.

Would you support players having the choice to move schools and teams during the season?
I do not like that to be honest. That’s greasy. Only if the obvious things happen. Like if you move. You move, right? There are some circumstances where that might just happen. But those are few and far between.

I have a relative who was causing issues at her local public school her parents decided to pay for her to attend a local private school where she soon nearly caused a mass casualty event. They expelled her back to public school the next day. Private schools have MUCh more control on who they teach and for how long.
Sounds like a parenting problem not a Competitive Balance Problem.........

I absolutely love choice. I think it’s needed.
Whose choice? Ultimately the private school has the choice which is why so many private schools only take in kids that run fast and jump high. When the private school fanboys balk at that comment I ask them to provide application vs acceptance documentation along with criteria and they always fail to do so. It must be nice to rely on public dollars for survival and not have to abide by the same rules their public counterparts must as public schools must educate every soul that walks through the door.

If you accept public dollars you must play by the same rules.

It’s 2024 and the amount of old heads thinking kids going where they want to school is cheating.

Public’s can get any and all kids with transfers as well. Offer better resources and kids may go, until then, look in the mirror and stop blaming select schools public or private that offer kids.

Personally there’s about 250 too many HS in Ohio. D6-D7 should be absolved into larger districts. Biggest Waste of tax payers dollars in the state is funding these smaller schools.
Consolidation has to happen sometime I'd think.

Whose choice? Ultimately the private school has the choice which is why so many private schools only take in kids that run fast and jump high. When the private school fanboys balk at that comment I ask them to provide application vs acceptance documentation along with criteria and they always fail to do so. It must be nice to rely on public dollars for survival and not have to abide by the same rules their public counterparts must as public schools must educate every soul that walks through the door.

So by your reasoning, the only students that roam the halls of private schools. "run fast and jump high". Also you do realize theat those of us that send our kids to private school still pay taxes to support public schools, often times failing public schools, right?

I do not like that to be honest. That’s greasy. Only if the obvious things happen. Like if you move. You move, right? There are some circumstances where that might just happen. But those are few and far between.
See, this is the quibble I have. Just like many of us see the multiple transfers that happen so often as ‘greasy’, you see switching mid-year the same way. My thinking is that you either allow the OHSAA to set guardrails or you just let the Wild West happen.

The point is the public have students that drag the whole school down but they still count toward enrollment. Time, money and energy must still be provided for them and they must be accepted in the schools since they live in that school district. Their grades, attendance and graduation rates is figured in with the rest of the schools and lowers the schools overall ratings. A bad egg at a private school is shown the door and sent to a public school to deal with. Low performing students? Let the public schools overall ratings suffer.

So by your reasoning, the only students that roam the halls of private schools. "run fast and jump high". Also you do realize theat those of us that send our kids to private school still pay taxes to support public schools, often times failing public schools, right?
I would imagine the students that roam the hall of private schools attend school, probably have passing grades or they won't be there and are not a cancer on the whole school system.

I just like kids and families to have choice. Because you live next to an unsuccessful school (private or public) shouldn’t mean that’s where you have to go. I understand what you are saying but I don’t think a kid should have to go to an under performing school simply because they live down the block from it. Not really thinking about the athletic portion of it right now. Thats a biproduct. That doesn’t sound like a crazy thing. If you live in a great school district its kind of hard to understand that idea but if your schools are failing you are begging for options to get out.