Commonly mislocated schools

scbuckeye99

There is no Wooster Triway. It's called Triway Local School District and the high school is named Triway High School.

I was getting at more the fact that the school's address is Wooster. Both parents graduated from Triway (first class to go all four years there). They'd be happy to see their alma mater receiving so much debate on here over it's name haha.

Last edited:

scbuckeye99

Walbridge Elementary is on Walbridge St. All named after Henry Walbridge I imagine. Walbridge, Ohio kids now go to Lake Elementary, which doesn't actually have a lake. I don't think they even have a puddle. Well ok, they have some retention ponds that they call lakes. And they abutt Northwood, which is neither north nor has any woods. It barely has trees.
Well played sir, well played.

Mackinbiner

You seem to have a passion for this topic. I'm willing to bet you and I know a lot of the same people haha.
Actually, I've driven through the area a handful of times in my life, but other than having breakfast at The Pine Tree Barn, I've never spent any time there. I've never set foot in Triway High School.
I'm just a stickler for the names we use for people and places.

scbuckeye99

Actually, I've driven through the area a handful of times in my life, but other than having breakfast at The Pine Tree Barn, I've never spent any time there. I've never set foot in Triway High School.
I'm just a stickler for the names we use for people and places.
Gotcha, no harm brother.

Excellent choice btw. If you're ever on 250 stop by the Guerne Heights Drive In. Best Milkshakes this side of the Mississippi.

WSAImpact

There are two Manchesters, the one in Adams County (which regenerated football in 2008) and the one in Summit County south of Akron. Marion Local was originally called Maria Stein-St. John not to be confused with Delphos St. John's.
I don't like the city references, especially when we can turn Columbine into a household name.

USA70PP

Marion Local HS is 90 miles from the Marion county or the city of Marion which is Harding HS...
Marion local is located in the small town of Maria Stein (Mercer county) and includes kids from the surrounding farms and small towns of St Sebastian, Chickasaw, Osgood, Cassella, St Rose, St John.
Some years back a local business here in Marion, Ohio had the schedules for Marion county teams, along with big ten schools and NFL printed in a little pocket sized booklet. Sure enough, there was Marion Local right after Marion Harding..

gneiss rocks

There are two Manchesters, the one in Adams County (which regenerated football in 2008) and the one in Summit County south of Akron. Marion Local was originally called Maria Stein-St. John not to be confused with Delphos St. John's.
I don't like the city references, especially when we can turn Columbine into a household name.
Marion local also changed their mascot at the time to the Flyers from the Blue Jays...good thing or there would have been two "St John Blue Jays" in the same conference a few years later...imagine that confusion.

EagleGuy

Late to the party so this one may have already been mentioned: Warren Howland.

Howland High School is in Howland, which borders Warren.

Mailing address: 200 Shaffer Dr NE, Warren, OH 44484.

Does this fit the bill? I'm confused. :)

I'm surprised geo-codes haven't been brought into the discussion.