Commonly mislocated schools

There is no Wooster Triway. It's called Triway Local School District and the high school is named Triway High School.

I was getting at more the fact that the school's address is Wooster. Both parents graduated from Triway (first class to go all four years there). They'd be happy to see their alma mater receiving so much debate on here over it's name haha.

Last edited:
Walbridge Elementary is on Walbridge St. All named after Henry Walbridge I imagine. Walbridge, Ohio kids now go to Lake Elementary, which doesn't actually have a lake. I don't think they even have a puddle. Well ok, they have some retention ponds that they call lakes. And they abutt Northwood, which is neither north nor has any woods. It barely has trees.

Well played sir, well played.

You seem to have a passion for this topic. I'm willing to bet you and I know a lot of the same people haha.
Actually, I've driven through the area a handful of times in my life, but other than having breakfast at The Pine Tree Barn, I've never spent any time there. I've never set foot in Triway High School.
I'm just a stickler for the names we use for people and places.

Actually, I've driven through the area a handful of times in my life, but other than having breakfast at The Pine Tree Barn, I've never spent any time there. I've never set foot in Triway High School.
I'm just a stickler for the names we use for people and places.

Gotcha, no harm brother.

Excellent choice btw. If you're ever on 250 stop by the Guerne Heights Drive In. Best Milkshakes this side of the Mississippi.

Aaaaaahhhhh, well THAT splains the Great Lakes.

NorthAmerica-WaterDivides.png
I thought Paul Bunyan carved out the Great Lakes when he dragged his giant axe along the ground. That portion of the purple line running through Ohio is the Ohio Divide. My bucket list will include visits to Triple Divide Peak and Snow Dome to "hock a loogie."

There are two Manchesters, the one in Adams County (which regenerated football in 2008) and the one in Summit County south of Akron. Marion Local was originally called Maria Stein-St. John not to be confused with Delphos St. John's.
I don't like the city references, especially when we can turn Columbine into a household name.

Marion Local HS is 90 miles from the Marion county or the city of Marion which is Harding HS...
Marion local is located in the small town of Maria Stein (Mercer county) and includes kids from the surrounding farms and small towns of St Sebastian, Chickasaw, Osgood, Cassella, St Rose, St John.
Some years back a local business here in Marion, Ohio had the schedules for Marion county teams, along with big ten schools and NFL printed in a little pocket sized booklet. Sure enough, there was Marion Local right after Marion Harding..

There are two Manchesters, the one in Adams County (which regenerated football in 2008) and the one in Summit County south of Akron. Marion Local was originally called Maria Stein-St. John not to be confused with Delphos St. John's.
I don't like the city references, especially when we can turn Columbine into a household name.
Marion local also changed their mascot at the time to the Flyers from the Blue Jays...good thing or there would have been two "St John Blue Jays" in the same conference a few years later...imagine that confusion.

Late to the party so this one may have already been mentioned: Warren Howland.

Howland High School is in Howland, which borders Warren.

Mailing address: 200 Shaffer Dr NE, Warren, OH 44484.

Does this fit the bill? I'm confused. :)

I'm surprised geo-codes haven't been brought into the discussion.

Hilltop is not in the hills of southern Ohio. Heck, it's in the flatlands of NW Ohio and no longer even sits on a hill. o_O

Shawnee High School
3333 Zurmehly Road
Lima, Ohio 45806

Weird.
The village of Ft. Shawnee dropped it's status as a village around 5-6 years ago. Now it's all just Shawnee Township, but it always was Lima addresses for rural route delivery. This the Lima address.

The Sandusky River actually flows north and is the only river in Ohio to do so
Wrong every river in the Lake Erie Watershed flows North. Every river in the Ohio River Watershed flows South. So in my area the Ottawa and Blanchard flow north into the Auglaize which flows North into the Maumee(In Defiance), and the Maumee flows north into Lake Erie.

Wrong every river in the Lake Erie Watershed flows North. Every river in the Ohio River Watershed flows South. So in my area the Ottawa and Blanchard flow north into the Auglaize which flows North into the Maumee(In Defiance), and the Maumee flows north into Lake Erie.

Well, the Maumee flows more east than north, but yes, there's a definite north involved. Gotta get from Fort Wayne to Toledo somehow.

Interesting (to me at least, being from Defiance) fact. While the Cuyahoga, Niagara, Detroit, etc. would all be condidered more well known and probably important due to proximity to big cities, the river in the Great Lakes Basin with the kargest watershed by land area is actually the good old muddy Maumee.

Last edited:
Just because you consider yourselves something doesn't mean it's accurate. Names of locations always change, deal with it. Covedale is NOT a neighborhood, period, no matter how much people think it is. The most popular restaurant in the make believe Covedale neighborhood is Price Hill Chili, because it's Price Hill.
Covedale is recognized as a neighborhood. It's on the signs when you enter Green Twp. Along with Bridgetown, Mack, Dent, Monfort Heights and White Oak.

Covedale is recognized as a neighborhood. It's on the signs when you enter Green Twp. Along with Bridgetown, Mack, Dent, Monfort Heights and White Oak.
Covedale is NOT one of 52 neighborhoods in the city of Cincinnati limits. https://www.cincinnati-oh.gov/planning/maps-and-data/census-demographics/

Every other place in your list is outside of the city limits. Just because there's a sign doesn't make it true, I can out up a sign in my yard that reads "Welcome to Canada" doesn't mean it's accurate.

Covedale is NOT one of 52 neighborhoods in the city of Cincinnati limits. https://www.cincinnati-oh.gov/planning/maps-and-data/census-demographics/

Every other place in your list is outside of the city limits. Just because there's a sign doesn't make it true, I can out up a sign in my yard that reads "Welcome to Canada" doesn't mean it's accurate.
I got ya. I initially thought you meant the neighborhood itself didn't exist. It's not a neighborhood in the city limits, just in Green Twp.

Manchester High School is commonly refered as being in a city called Manchester instead of New Franklin.
Having a Manchester HS in Manchester, OH, and a Manchester HS in Akron/New Franklin, OH, can definitely be confusing! Hence why "(Akron) Manchester," "(Canal Fulton" Northwest," and "(West Salem) Northwestern." But there is only one Triway, so why "(Wooster) Triway?" Haha!

Maybe it is just a neighborhood?
No chance. This kid knows his stuff. It's totally fictional. Green Twp officials apparently just put it on the signs for the heck of it. All 6 neighborhoods in Green Twp do not exist. Nothing exists as you know it. ?

No chance. This kid knows his stuff. It's totally fictional. Green Twp officials apparently just put it on the signs for the heck of it. All 6 neighborhoods in Green Twp do not exist. Nothing exists as you know it. ?
They all used to be places but they have all since been annexed. Most of Covedale was annexed by the city of Cincinnati and the other smaller part by Green Township. Most of what people still consider Covedale is in West Price Hill. There is a group of citizens trying to get the city of Cincinnati to officially recognize Covedale as their 53rd neighborhood.

Covedale currently does not exist, they have no taxes, no community council's, no government representation. Covedale is a relic of the past, I urge you to do some reading on the matter, Price Hill Historical Society is a great places to start. You could also check out Green Township Historical Association which used to meet at Nathaniel Green Lodge before COVID. Delhi Historical Society should have info as well. Downtown Cincy Public Library or Cincy Historical Society all have great info and insight on the city annexing lands.

Not trying to be a jerk but Covedale simply does not exist anymore.

They all used to be places but they have all since been annexed. Most of Covedale was annexed by the city of Cincinnati and the other smaller part by Green Township. Most of what people still consider Covedale is in West Price Hill. There is a group of citizens trying to get the city of Cincinnati to officially recognize Covedale as their 53rd neighborhood.

Covedale currently does not exist, they have no taxes, no community council's, no government representation. Covedale is a relic of the past, I urge you to do some reading on the matter, Price Hill Historical Society is a great places to start. You could also check out Green Township Historical Association which used to meet at Nathaniel Green Lodge before COVID. Delhi Historical Society should have info as well. Downtown Cincy Public Library or Cincy Historical Society all have great info and insight on the city annexing lands.

Not trying to be a jerk but Covedale simply does not exist anymore.

Townships can't annex land.

Townships can't annex land.
You are correct, I should have been more clear. When Cincy annexed much of Covedale, the village ceased to exist. The remaining portions not annexed by Cincy were essentially "absorbed" by Green Township and an extremely small fraction by Delhi Township.