College Football 2022-2023

The NCAA has been an incompetent organization prior to this. There's no chance the existing governing body will rein it in and regulate it.
That’s why they need to appoint AEW Champion as the czar of football, with omnipotent authority.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

I wonder if the transfer portal kid from Miss State who childishly posted on social media about Leach wanting him gone would like to reconsider that post at the moment.

"On offense, we will be creative," Walters said in his introductory news conference. "We will be explosive in the air and on the ground. We will be strategically aggressive, and we will put points on the board and we will put them up in bunches. On defense, you already know how we get down. It's going to be organized chaos from whistle to snap."

Just words but they do reflect the fan base. Give them a little nutty and they're pretty satisfied with just above .500.

Be more cool if they let Brees play QB.

The season's QB is one of three most needed players that already declared and stepped away in addition to Brohm. Purdue is marginal with everyone on-board and they don't even get the equitable of going against a coach that doesn't know them. Brees wouldn't help this. Maybe another good half of football.

OSU Beavers embarrassing Gators. Napier better win more next year or he will be gone and he should be. How can you not win at a talent rich state like Florida. LOL Florida kicks a FG at the end of the game to avoid a shut out.

Last edited:
OSU Beavers embarrassing Gators. Napier better win more next year or he will be gone and he should be. How can you not win at a talent rich state like Florida. LOL Florida kicks a FG at the end of the game to avoid a shut out.
What did they say? 18 players opted out of the game for Florida. I don't think Florida's heart was in the game. Tough way to start for Jack Miller.

Richardson is a first-round draft pick, no?

That doesn’t make him a star, players are over drafted every year because of their measurements. What about his 2500 yards on 54% and a not even 2:1 TD:INT ratio seems star worthy to you?
In the SEC alone:
8th in passing yards
13th in competition percentage
8th in yards/attempt
7th in touchdowns
3rd most INT
11th in QBR

If OSU would lose 4 starters before the Peach Bowl, and one of them were Stroud, and 14 more off their roster what would that do to OSU chances?
VS UGA not good against the Beavers, Bucks would not lose by 28. and would score more than 3 pts. Besides OSU was down 4 starters vs TTUN and was leading at halftime. No Matt Jones, Henderson, JSN, Williams played very little, plus 6 or 7 backups that were injured.

VS UGA not good against the Beavers, Bucks would not lose by 28. and would score more than 3 pts. Besides OSU was down 4 starters vs TTUN and was leading at halftime. No Matt Jones, Henderson, JSN, Williams played very little, plus 6 or 7 backups that were injured.
I am looking at comparable talent. Oregon State and Florida I would consider comparable talent wise. The same with UGA and the OSU. Coaching is always a variable.

I am looking at comparable talent. Oregon State and Florida I would consider comparable talent wise. The same with UGA and the OSU. Coaching is always a variable.
Not even close. Best recruiting class for Oregon St. in the last 3 years was ranked 53rd by 247 sports, one class was ranked 108 (2021). Worst in that time period for Florida was 18th.

Last edited:
Not even close. Best recruiting class for Oregon St. in the last 3 years was ranked 53rd by 247 sports, one class was ranked 108 (2021). Worst in that time period for Florida was 18th.
I was thinking this year. Oregon St. ended up with the better record but I felt Florida was comparable to Oregon St. this year.

I think this is going to become a thing. It has been proven that having superior talent matters in most cases but if a college program can convince recruits/players to stay and learn and develop in a system they can put a dent into the successes brought on by free agency. Easier said than done of course as money always wins out and we now have rules that encourage players to pick up and leave at the first sign of any adversity but I believe if a program can figure out how to pay players modestly as not to break the bank and keep those players over 4-5 years they can win.

It will have to be programs like Oregon State and Iowa that constantly rely on 2 star kids who simply need 2-3 years of development to reach their full potential.

I think this is going to become a thing. It has been proven that having superior talent matters in most cases but if a college program can convince recruits/players to stay and learn and develop in a system they can put a dent into the successes brought on by free agency. Easier said than done of course as money always wins out and we now have rules that encourage players to pick up and leave at the first sign of any adversity but I believe if a program can figure out how to pay players modestly as not to break the bank and keep those players over 4-5 years they can win.

It will have to be programs like Oregon State and Iowa that constantly rely on 2 star kids who simply need 2-3 years of development to reach their full potential.
Similar to the mid-major programs in college basketball, going up against the one-and-done blue blood programs in the Tournament. They'll likely never be good enough to win it all, but you can churn out 8-9-10-win seasons, plus a bowl win, with that model.

Similar to the mid-major programs in college basketball, going up against the one-and-done blue blood programs in the Tournament. They'll likely never be good enough to win it all, but you can churn out 8-9-10-win seasons, plus a bowl win, with that model.
Or even Wisconsin basketball from almost a decade ago. A bunch of kids in a program who played in a system and nearly won a national title. Football is a tad different but playing within a system matters.

When Michigan State was really good, back when Narduzzi was the DC and Tressel the LB coach (2013 range), they applied this model. They ran that stout 4-3 quarters coverage, which is tough to implement well because you rely on being really good at your reads, especially in the defensive backfield. They started a lot of juniors and seniors who "paid their dues" learning in a system. Unsure if this is possible any longer as kids can now bounce if they are not playing right away.

Or even Wisconsin basketball from almost a decade ago. A bunch of kids in a program who played in a system and nearly won a national title. Football is a tad different but playing within a system matters.

When Michigan State was really good, back when Narduzzi was the DC and Tressel the LB coach (2013 range), they applied this model. They ran that stout 4-3 quarters coverage, which is tough to implement well because you rely on being really good at your reads, especially in the defensive backfield. They started a lot of juniors and seniors who "paid their dues" learning in a system. Unsure if this is possible any longer as kids can now bounce if they are not playing right away.
As discussed in other places MSU also was much loser in who they recruited. They took in a lot of players that fit well in system with questionable backgrounds that other programs had to avoid.