Coaching changes

SMARTY22

I’m hearing they are looking for a “young enthusiastic guy” at St. X. The former X Coach was only there 2 seasons? Whatever happened to that Root guy who was a complete disaster at LaSalle? Think X would consider him if he applies?

youngmanmom

I’m hearing they are looking for a “young enthusiastic guy” at St. X. The former X Coach was only there 2 seasons? Whatever happened to that Root guy who was a complete disaster at LaSalle? Think X would consider him if he applies?
I think Coach Ryan had been there before as an assistant to the previous coach. His son will be a senior next year and has never wrestled. He may just want to watch him play lacrosse.

SMARTY22

I think Coach Ryan had been there before as an assistant to the previous coach. His son will be a senior next year and has never wrestled. He may just want to watch him play lacrosse.
Was being sarcastic. St. X I’d think would be the last place to put up with that Coaches shenanigans.

youngmanmom

Was being sarcastic. St. X I’d think would be the last place to put up with that Coaches shenanigans.
I got that. The coach at St. X for the past two years has been Coach Ryan (last name). I hope they find someone good. One of my favorite Cincinnati wrestlers will be back at it in the fall.

RedMachine

Don't know the dynamics of the coaching staff there. Just know I saw Coach Carrizales at summer stuff and figured he was the major role in the success of that program.
Even if he wasn't "The major role"; arguably the most important job of a head coach is to hire great assistant coaches. Carrizales was a great coach to not only the kids, but brought in great people to help as well. Delta will miss him for sure.

OCEagle

That's a tough hit for the Delta wrestling program and I hate to see that. Hopefully they have some strong candidates to step in. I mean, how many Mattins can be left??.... lol. They have had some very good wrestlers in that program, but it seems the numbers dropped off a bit in the past couple of years. It almost becomes generational when you see all of those kids showing up over a 7-8 year period, then dropping off if you can't, shall we say, recruit wrestlers into a program. Wauseon is remaining strong and is only about 15 miles from Delta - if that.

Adamg

Delta is not down there youth program is crazy good right now and one of the best jr high teams in the state this year