Coaching changes

I’m hearing they are looking for a “young enthusiastic guy” at St. X. The former X Coach was only there 2 seasons? Whatever happened to that Root guy who was a complete disaster at LaSalle? Think X would consider him if he applies?

I’m hearing they are looking for a “young enthusiastic guy” at St. X. The former X Coach was only there 2 seasons? Whatever happened to that Root guy who was a complete disaster at LaSalle? Think X would consider him if he applies?
I think Coach Ryan had been there before as an assistant to the previous coach. His son will be a senior next year and has never wrestled. He may just want to watch him play lacrosse.

I think Coach Ryan had been there before as an assistant to the previous coach. His son will be a senior next year and has never wrestled. He may just want to watch him play lacrosse.

Was being sarcastic. St. X I’d think would be the last place to put up with that Coaches shenanigans.

Was being sarcastic. St. X I’d think would be the last place to put up with that Coaches shenanigans.
I got that. The coach at St. X for the past two years has been Coach Ryan (last name). I hope they find someone good. One of my favorite Cincinnati wrestlers will be back at it in the fall.

Don't know the dynamics of the coaching staff there. Just know I saw Coach Carrizales at summer stuff and figured he was the major role in the success of that program.
Even if he wasn't "The major role"; arguably the most important job of a head coach is to hire great assistant coaches. Carrizales was a great coach to not only the kids, but brought in great people to help as well. Delta will miss him for sure.

That's a tough hit for the Delta wrestling program and I hate to see that. Hopefully they have some strong candidates to step in. I mean, how many Mattins can be left??.... lol. They have had some very good wrestlers in that program, but it seems the numbers dropped off a bit in the past couple of years. It almost becomes generational when you see all of those kids showing up over a 7-8 year period, then dropping off if you can't, shall we say, recruit wrestlers into a program. Wauseon is remaining strong and is only about 15 miles from Delta - if that.

Delta is not down there youth program is crazy good right now and one of the best jr high teams in the state this year