Clear Fork Football Coach Named NW District D IV Coach Of The Year...FIRED

As a first time poster, and long time reader of message boards, and a a resident of the Clear Fork Community, I felt compelled to respond to this. I wonder if the journalists had other sources to verify what the coach said. The coach also stated he was not happy with the way the team played and prepared the game, so he wanted to address the team in the locker room, which is not the norm for Clear Fork. He goes into the locker room, gave a interview, did some other activities. Why did the coach not go back out to get the team in the locker room for the meeting, and what could he needed to have said that he didn't want parents, students and others to hear? A four touchdown win is pretty good no matter if they played well or not.

The coach also said he was not happy with another coach on the sideline, and had a discussion with coach when another coach stepped in. That discussion carried over into the locker room at half time. I was not in the locker room so I have no idea what went on except to hear that it was very ugly.

On to facts.....after the 2020 season none of his staff chose to come back. After the 2021 season none of that staff chose to come back. The 2022 staff was filled late. That to me is a red flag that something is wrong. There is a new AD, so maybe the administration had a conversation with the coach about staff turnover, and treatment of players and coaches if there were complaints....which I believe there were.

The sideline argument with the other coach where another coach stepped in, plus what went down in the locker room sealed he coaches fate. I personally believe that coach was informed on Tuesday that the board was not going to renew the contract. Phone calls were made to reporters and the story was released on Wednesday 11/16. The board meeting was 11/17. To my knowledge, no one showed up to show support for the coach.

The main reason for my post is that when I read the story it was a hit piece on the kids, administration, parents and community. I am not saying that everything is perfect, and there aren't issues. Every school has them. We have good kids, good community support, and a good school system. So now we move forward.
thanks for the info.... tough to lose your staffs like that..... good luck with your program.....

may i ask how old is the coach in question? does he still teach?

I don't like the praise blanket being thrown on "tough coaches" just for the sake of being hard on kids. There are many different types of personalities in coaching, and just about all of them have proven successful at one point. I have seen bad coaches with insecurities that don't know what they're looking at when they watch film. Their defense mechanism when their kindergarten gameplay doesn't work is to coach the kids harder, yell, make them run more, do more pushups, etc. The kids may learn some valuable lessons playing for a coach like this, but ultimate goal was to become better football players. You can't learn football or teamwork from incompetent blow hards.

All that said, there are plenty of competent coaches that coach players hard, and expect a lot out of them, and usually when this is the case, good parents get out of the way and support the coach and players. As of late, I think we've seen a little bit of everything. Sometimes it's the parents' fault, sometimes the coach's fault, sometimes the Board of Education or AD, sometimes a little bit of all of the above. Still, I agree that good coaches are getting harder to come by because of the politics, the economy, and the infidelity that surround a lot of programs.

I don't like the praise blanket being thrown on "tough coaches" just for the sake of being hard on kids. There are many different types of personalities in coaching, and just about all of them have proven successful at one point. I have seen bad coaches with insecurities that don't know what they're looking at when they watch film. Their defense mechanism when their kindergarten gameplay doesn't work is to coach the kids harder, yell, make them run more, do more pushups, etc. The kids may learn some valuable lessons playing for a coach like this, but ultimate goal was to become better football players. You can't learn football or teamwork from incompetent blow hards.

All that said, there are plenty of competent coaches that coach players hard, and expect a lot out of them, and usually when this is the case, good parents get out of the way and support the coach and players. As of late, I think we've seen a little bit of everything. Sometimes it's the parents' fault, sometimes the coach's fault, sometimes the Board of Education or AD, sometimes a little bit of all of the above. Still, I agree that good coaches are getting harder to come by because of the politics, the economy, and the infidelity that surround a lot of programs.
Amen. Well said. From my viewpoint and experience, it is more of the politics and the apathy from the Administration.

I tend to believe that this coach in question has been the same way for many years and issues were not addressed because he had 100% support from key community members. Now one of those community members is a parent with a player on the team and the support of the coach is gone and so is the coach.

I tend to believe that this coach in question has been the same way for many years and issues were not addressed because he had 100% support from key community members. Now one of those community members is a parent with a player on the team and the support of the coach is gone and so is the coach.
This... I am so interested in who they hire to be their next coach after they ridiculously get rid of a coach who actually had the nerve to hold coaches, players and everyone else accountable...

This... I am so interested in who they hire to be their next coach after they ridiculously get rid of a coach who actually had the nerve to hold coaches, players and everyone else accountable...
He held them accountable by berating his team when demolishing the opponent in the playoffs? Or was it by throwing a temper tantrum and being the first one off of the field and in the locker room so he can continue his tirade after a sound victory? Or is it being alone in the locker room "putting equipment away" and not finding out where your team is for over 20 minutes?

Interesting, but I don't think accountable is a word anyone should use to describe that.

He held them accountable by berating his team when demolishing the opponent in the playoffs? Or was it by throwing a temper tantrum and being the first one off of the field and in the locker room so he can continue his tirade after a sound victory? Or is it being alone in the locker room "putting equipment away" and not finding out where your team is for over 20 minutes?

Interesting, but I don't think accountable is a word anyone should use to describe that.

LOL. I’ve talked to enough people in the know that are actually in the proximity of. the school this happened at to confidently say what happened to the coach at Clear Fork is total, political BS. But jabroni from Cincy thanks for the two cents…

LOL. I’ve talked to enough people in the know that are actually in the proximity of. the school this happened at to confidently say what happened to the coach at Clear Fork is total, political BS. But jabroni from Cincy thanks for the two cents…
"in the know," out of the know, jabroni's and people from Cincy aside. Its over and done with regardless of how anyone feels.

I'll say this. Things like this usually are divisive for a community and program. They'll need someone who can rise above that and continue their success

In a world where we have to be sensitive to peoples every need and decision, we are going to judge a guy that was pissed at his team. There is a lot of crap going on I don’t agree with so letting a guy go vent in a locker room away from the public ear doesn’t seem so bad to me.

Did I say something wrong? All of what I said was from the coach's mouth.

It's also ironic how people get so worked up when you demand better behavior from leaders.... Especially leaders of kids. It's always "political BS" . These are also the same people that continuously remark about how soft people have gotten, yet cannot ever articulate any argument with resorting to calling someone a name like a 5 year old.

Pot..... Meet Kettle.

Last edited:
I have not heard any comment about this coach's firing being a "political" move. I have never known the valley town to be a Red or Blue town. :confused:

I have not heard any comment about this coach's firing being a "political" move. I have never known the valley town to be a Red or Blue town. :confused:
Hysterical... how do you find time to post on Yappi when you sit in on so many high priority OCC league expansion meetings... You are something bro

Hysterical... how do you find time to post on Yappi when you sit in on so many high priority OCC league expansion meetings... You are something bro
Being busy must be something foreign to you. talk about someone making inaccurate comments and then you say a coach's firing was political? THAT is hysterical. :giggle:

Being busy must be something foreign to you. talk about someone making inaccurate comments and then you say a coach's firing was political? THAT is hysterical. :giggle:
I get it. I called you out on another thread and exposed you so your post was a lame attempt at a receipt. A+ for effort I guess?

But if you are insinuating that there clearly weren't forces out to get a coach with as much success as the Clear Fork coach you are delusional (which is what political would mean by the way). Maybe you are delusional though as that would fit your posting history of trying to represent yourself as someone who actually sits in on OCC expansion meetings and then runs to a message board to spill the beans to try to impress anonymous posters.

Either way it is done and Clear Fork needs to move on. Good luck to the next coach entering that cluster fornication of a situation.

I get it. I called you out on another thread and exposed you so your post was a lame attempt at a receipt. A+ for effort I guess?

But if you are insinuating that there clearly weren't forces out to get a coach with as much success as the Clear Fork coach you are delusional (which is what political would mean by the way). Maybe you are delusional though as that would fit your posting history of trying to represent yourself as someone who actually sits in on OCC expansion meetings and then runs to a message board to spill the beans to try to impress anonymous posters.

Either way it is done and Clear Fork needs to move on. Good luck to the next coach entering that cluster fornication of a situation.
Not at all. I assume you meant small town politics but I didn't see it as political. =relating to the government or the public affairs of a country.

This particular coach hung himself years ago but was kept by those in control. Then he upset the controllers and he is gone. For the record the OCC, like all leagues, has regularly scheduled meetings and many things are discussed and many people are involved. They are not confidential and not secrets. Community interests are a part of leagues changing and the leaders consider that.

Moving on is what they are doing as the job is posted and the search has begun. Unfortunately this school is not different from many today.

If you think the CF situation is small town politics, just wait until you hear about the Ontario girls basketball coach.

I just read that now Ashland is looking for a new head coach. Could this affect the Clear Fork job if they keep waiting to hire a coach?