Clear Fork Football Coach Named NW District D IV Coach Of The Year...FIRED

I'm arrogant for having any semblance of common sense by saying the head coach should ride the bus? In today's highly litigious society, I cannot fathom how anyone could argue the head coach should be away from the team for possibly hours at a time on game day.
Arrogance is thinking that your opinion of a way to do things is the way everyone should do it. In today's society, there are many thing done differently then they were 30 years ago and they are very successful in the change. I am no arguing a head coach SHOULD be away from anyone. I'm saying it is not uncommon for a head coach to not ride a bus. Frankly, it is common in multiple sports and has been to my knowledge for many years. Many districts have coaches that work outside of the buildings in today's society, which can also be a factor. Cultures are different based on communities and surroundings.

Again, I'm not telling you what any should or shouldn't do. I'm saying is has, does and will continue to happen.

All coaches are BOE approved and have emergency medical access and take charge in all types of scenarios. :)
I'm not talking about medical emergencies. Let's say while the HC is away for an hour before the bus leaves, some of the team start hazing another player, or do commit some others sort of terrible act. The first question will be where is your HC? That's a great way to get fired, but I guess to each their own.

Arrogance is thinking that your opinion of a way to do things is the way everyone should do it. In today's society, there are many thing done differently then they were 30 years ago and they are very successful in the change. I am no arguing a head coach SHOULD be away from anyone. I'm saying it is not uncommon for a head coach to not ride a bus. Frankly, it is common in multiple sports and has been to my knowledge for many years. Many districts have coaches that work outside of the buildings in today's society, which can also be a factor. Cultures are different based on communities and surroundings.

Again, I'm not telling you what any should or shouldn't do. I'm saying is has, does and will continue to happen.
Head coaches riding with the team in any sport is not how things were done 30 years ago. That is today's world. I'm not sure where you are in the state, but in the dozens of schools I follow and have worked for with various sports, the head coach rides with the team. That is the norm. It is definitely UNCOMMON for the head coach to not ride the or a bus with the team.

I'm not talking about medical emergencies. Let's say while the HC is away for an hour before the bus leaves, some of the team start hazing another player, or do commit some others sort of terrible act. The first question will be where is your HC? That's a great way to get fired, but I guess to each their own.
All coaches are trained to handle situations. IF your scenario happens and the HC is at a bar while game is going on then yes. If that happens and the coach is doing his part getting ready for a game the assistant is in charge at that time.

Head coaches riding with the team in any sport is not how things were done 30 years ago. That is today's world. I'm not sure where you are in the state, but in the dozens of schools I follow and have worked for with various sports, the head coach rides with the team. That is the norm. It is definitely UNCOMMON for the head coach to not ride the or a bus with the team.
That is in your world, but not everyone's. I know of a retired head coach that drove his wife to and from every game for the last 10+ years he was the head coach. I know another that works in a different district that he coaches in and on game nights he drives directly to the visitor site with equipment. I know a football head coach that drives a van with his coordinators to and from games, although they do follow the buses.