Clear Fork Football Coach Named NW District D IV Coach Of The Year...FIRED

Abandon his team? Minsters old coach didn't travel home with his team after winning the title so he could attend other state game and party with his friends afterwards.
who I believed, ironically I think, coached for Dave Carroll or at least followed him at Urbana if we are talking about Stokes

Oh I get the term. I just mean, I think we, as a whole on this forum (possibly society in general) just assume people are soft. In reality a lot of the stuff that happens is because politics and bureaucracy sucks.
I understand what you are saying but removing politics and what not...society is soft and that is FACT!!! My grandson was given a trophty in youth basketball and it said, I swear to you, "2nd Place You're a WINNER":. WTF is that?!? I joked and told him his team is just the first place loser at which time I was chastised by a mother for deminisioning his accomplishment. Really?!? Christ!, a certain spectrum of people today cannot decide on what is a male or female. Get my point?
Sorry words hurt, they didnt at one time but today...yeap, they cause therapy sessions and again, WTF?!?.

Oh I get the term. I just mean, I think we, as a whole on this forum (possibly society in general) just assume people are soft. In reality a lot of the stuff that happens is because politics and bureaucracy sucks.
No argument from me on that. But I like the fun in calling someone a "snowflake" rather then soft. HAHAHAHAHAHA

I understand what you are saying but removing politics and what not...society is soft and that is FACT!!! My grandson was given a trophty in youth basketball and it said, I swear to you, "2nd Place You're a WINNER":. WTF is that?!? I joked and told him his team is just the first place loser at which time I was chastised by a mother for deminisioning his accomplishment. Really?!? Christ!, a certain spectrum of people today cannot decide on what is a male or female. Get my point?
Sorry words hurt, they didnt at one time but today...yeap, they cause therapy sessions and again, WTF?!?.
Your comment to your grandson was needless, tacky and thoughtless. His mom was right to chastise you.

I don't know of the coach, but I honestly do not know what the kids did wrong and why he thought it was more necessary to get to the locker room so quick to chew out his kids for winning a playoff game, then help usher his kids into the locker room. This also falls on assistant coaches for not helping to direct the players where they are wanted to be. I dont have any problem with a team taking pride in celebrating a playoff win by singing the school fight song and also taking pride in their school by celebrating with other kids who attend the school. Maybe the coach was a little too wound tight to realize that winning a playoff game is a great accomplishment for a high school football player? Call me whatever you want, but maybe running off to yell at your kids and not ensuring that your assistant coaches help get the kids into the locker room qualifies as mismanaging your team?

From what I've been heard, this has been a very long time coming and the events leading up to, during, and following the playoff game vs Upper Sandusky were the final straw, so to speak.

There’s a (lengthy) interview with Richland County broadcaster Jeff Swank that tells more of Carroll’s side of the story. You can read it here. I won’t post the entire transcript (because, again, it’s quite long) but a few highlights include…

• being stuck on the phone for an hour with a parent, on playoff game day, about a kid’s playing time;

• having to play with peacemaker with the Bellville mayor, and other annoying people, because the kids on his team were chucking candy at people in a hard fashion at a parade (even after he told them not to)

• the board, according to him, going around executive session (and outside the confines of a board meeting) to agree to non-renew him.

The last bullet point, and what I’m reading on socials, makes it sound like the BOE broke the rules and someone on the board slipped up.