Cincinnati D-1 Sectional

Creek up 4-2 after the first quarter. East up 18-14 at the half. Creek up 25-24 starting the fourth quarter. East wins 33-32 Wow! Creek gave East a game, not the blowout some predicted.

Last edited:
Creek up 4-2 after the first quarter. East up 18-14 at the half. Creek up 25-24 starting the fourth quarter. East wins 33-32 Wow! Creek gave East a game, not the blowout some predicted.

That half court shot by Beavercreek with 1.6 seconds almost went in. From my angle I thought it was going in. Defensive struggle, both teams played good defense. Mangold only scored 2 points the whole game. The two points to put them up 33-32. Clutch free throws

Alex Mangold is the tallest player on East's roster at 6'7". He averages around ten points per game. If Creek's strategy was to slow him down, they did a good job there.

Remember all the grumbling on here for years about the low scoring GCL (Moeller in particular) and how it wasn’t “real” basketball?

Just to add to the discussion of practicing at Cintas, my grade school team practiced at Cintas back in the day. Xavier is very accommodating. If we could do it, i'm certain high school teams are doing it

Oh I know- it’s just funny how many other non GCL schools started emulating their style after years of bashing.
The bad thing is that some of the schools are not, as seems would be common sense, trying to run a GCL school offense, they just run bad offenses.

4 games, 8 teams and it looks like with the pace that the X/Lasalle game is at right now, Moeller is going to be the only team to hit the 50 point mark.

Moe will ‘save’ SW Ohio from being embarrassed by Columbus, but even they better watch out this year.

Left with like a minute left. Ashamed of myself. Go Lancers
I left at the foul with 2 seconds left. First time I've ever left with the game still winnable. I just had to give up with how the game had gone, only made sense to lose by 3 missing a half court shot at the end.

I haven't been this shocked about a result since 2015 playoffs but I'll take it lol.

Refs were awfully generous to the Lancers tonight but the Bombers can look in the mirror and place some blame there too. They had infinite chances to put it away.

Last edited: