Cincinnati D-1 Sectional

The cool thing about East playing their sectional at West is it's basically a home tournament for them and each game is recorded by West Chester TV.

Here is the schedule for next Sunday at Xavier University's Cintas Center. Two hours between each game. I'm assuming you could pay one price and watch all four games.

Lakota East (#2) vs. Beavercreek (#2) 1:00 p.m. Xavier Univ. Cintas Center

Archbishop Moeller (#1) vs. Springboro (#12) 3:00 p.m. Xavier Univ. Cintas Center

Centerville (#1) vs. Lakota West (#14) 6:00 p.m. Xavier Univ. Cintas Center

LaSalle (#3) vs. St. Xavier (#7) 8:00 p.m. Xavier Univ. Cintas Center

From the Cincinnati brackets..............
3 GCL Schools
2 GMC schools from the same district!

No suprise there, good basketball being played in those conferences every night!

Here is the schedule for next Sunday at Xavier University's Cintas Center. Two hours between each game. I'm assuming you could pay one price and watch all four games.

Archbishop Moeller (#1) vs. Springboro (#12) 3:00 p.m. Xavier Univ. Cintas Center

No. The 1:00 and 3:00 games are one ticket. 6:00 and 8:00 games are a separate ticket.

Will Moeller score more points than X vs LaSalle combined? Who will win the tempo battle of Centerville and West?

At least they were winning when they slowed it down a bit, not like the Harrison situation where they were losing in the 3rd quarter of a sectional title tournament game and decided to stare at the opposing offense.

East by 15
Moeller by 25
Centerville by 9
St. X by 3

When are the ADs going to stand up to OHSAA and say we are NOT playing Sunday night at 8. when you have a 7 day lay off ?
No reason for this. play at Millet Hall sat afternoon and Cintas sunday afternoon.or UD or the SHOE it a split session anyway.
( OR for football finals always up north )
My opinion, thank you!
PS I will be there.

ratterbox, did Miami and UC attempt to host the games? UD and Xavier men have a home games on Saturday. There are many logistics that go into the process beyond the collegiate sites being willing to host and the cost. The 8pm slot is a more normal start time for HS teams as opposed to the earlier ones. More to the facts than the previous points, the OHSAA takes over the tournament after the District Finals. These District game decisions are made by SW Ohio Board, which is made up of AD's and Administrators from SW Ohio. So any standing up to, would be the SW Board standing up to...……...the SW Board.

East got up by about 8 and then started holding the ball early in the third. WEAK! Shot clock anyone?? Turpin then got into foul trouble down the stretch.
I watched that game and no they didnt, nothing close to that happened. There's a difference between working your offense and finding a good shot, and actually holding the ball and playing keep away. What happened to Turpin was on their own offensive side of the court. East's high pressure man defense led to them getting very little easy looks, and they struggled to score because of it.

There are quite a few high school teams out there that play straight up stall ball when they get a lead, but if you wanna see a team that was incredible at making it look like they were running their offense to get a good shot, but actually were stalling and not trying to score, watch any team from the Lasalle Fleming era. His teams could be up by a single point at any point in a game and they would run a motion offense that looked like they were trying to find a good shot, but under closer scrutiny you would notice that they had zero intentions of scoring, even if wide open for a drive to the basket. They go up 2-0 and they were shutting the whole game down lol

I watched that game and no they didnt, nothing close to that happened. There's a difference between working your offense and finding a good shot, and actually holding the ball and playing keep away. What happened to Turpin was on their own offensive side of the court. East's high pressure man defense led to them getting very little easy looks, and they struggled to score because of it.

There are quite a few high school teams out there that play straight up stall ball when they get a lead, but if you wanna see a team that was incredible at making it look like they were running their offense to get a good shot, but actually were stalling and not trying to score, watch any team from the Lasalle Fleming era. His teams could be up by a single point at any point in a game and they would run a motion offense that looked like they were trying to find a good shot, but under closer scrutiny you would notice that they had zero intentions of scoring, even if wide open for a drive to the basket. They go up 2-0 and they were shutting the whole game down lol
I did not see them pass up too many back doors.

Works pretty well, they are consistently in the districts and even regionals.
I was just pointing out the difference between what the one poster said East was doing in the Turpin game and what actual stalling is. I used Flemming's Lancer as a great example of looking like they are playing when they actually are just holding the ball.

East by 15
Moeller by 25
Centerville by 9
St. X by 3

East by 15? East a team that averaged 53-54 points a game playing at Cintas in the big arena? I’ve seen Beavercreek a few times this year. They May surprise some of you. Only go 7 deep but good size and athleticism. Only one of the first 7 under 6’3”. Steve Pittman who played for Donoher at UD is first year coach. He’s developed a couple 6’6” sophomores and other underclassman. Two starting guards are 3 year starters.Creek gives up 54 a game and East scores 54 a game. Both playing in a big arena, I see a low scoring game that could go down to the wire but I could be wrong. Been wrong many times before I just hope it’s a close game along with the others. But Moeller will win by as much as they want, I think the other 3 could all be good games. GL to all of them