CHL Basketball 22-23

in other news... saw finneytown a little loud on twitter this summer. Anything new with them? Deer Park seemed to turn the corner a little bit late last year. Are they "re-loading" with new guys or losing guys?

Not really. If Swegman returns (as expected), they'll be competitive against local D4 teams but will struggle in league play per usual.

Until they start bringing in transfers, I don't see their trajectory changing anytime soon.

From what I remember, DP played mostly seniors last season, but return their leading scorer, Arrington.

Indian Hill lost 3 starters from a middle-of-the-pack CHL team. They had that much talent sitting on the bench that they're supposed to be the cream of the crop this season?
They actually did have a ton of talent that wasn't utilized appropriately. You could see it with the people that got minutes, some of the best people were not always on the court.

They actually did have a ton of talent that wasn't utilized appropriately. You could see it with the people that got minutes, some of the best people were not always on the court.
And Peek is the only player that they are losing that was a significant contributor. Thornton was very good but he missed most of the year.

1659202383357.png

Saw Indian Hill play this month and I think they are the team to beat in the CHL this year. Very talented and probably the best coach in the league.
Don't know what to take from it, but IH put it on Mason pretty good this summer. I think the Braves will play faster and harder than in the past.

Indian Hill better make sure that everything is done correctly. I believe any instance where a player follows their coach is considered “recruiting” and is on the school district to prove that the transfer is legit.

I would say that Indian Hill is not open enrollment so that would make the Mckinley move difficult, but the whole Deer Park Elite fiasco proved that the rules are a joke and that OHSAA is pretty much toothless in these fights. Just claim he's homeless and you can do anything you want.

I would say that Indian Hill is not open enrollment so that would make the Mckinley move difficult, but the whole Deer Park Elite fiasco proved that the rules are a joke and that OHSAA is pretty much toothless in these fights. Just claim he's homeless and you can do anything you want.
If the family moves into the district that's his school

Is there anything on when the move into that district must take place, in regards to full season eligibility? No debating on my end, just wanted clarification.
Just as long as he doesn't:
1) Play in a scrimmage for the old school(meaning this november)
and
2) Fits one of the legitimate penalty-free transfer stipulations

AD approached Hill right after the season and made him a deal he would've been foolish to turn down. Also Mc Kinley won't be transferring to IH, but prep schools are definitely hovering around.

cheapest house on market in Indian Hill is pushing $800,000

That's what kept IH's #1 choice for HC from taking the job
Definitely condos and apartments in the district boundary. You don't have to live IN Indian Hill to go there. There are places in kenwood, even places that butt up to deer park that are in the IH district.

Last edited:
I have to say I’m a little confused. Did Indian Hill bringing in a new coach, Replacing the winningest coach at Indian Hill to recruit. I think it would be a shame and a disgrace to all the players that played in the past if Indian Hill becomes like Deer Park to win a state championship. I guess the administration and the parents don’t feel they have the talent to win without outside help. Judging by the talent I see at Indian Hill they should easily win back to back CHL titles. Without outside help.

I have to say I’m a little confused. Did Indian Hill bringing in a new coach, Replacing the winningest coach at Indian Hill to recruit. I think it would be a shame and a disgrace to all the players that played in the past if Indian Hill becomes like Deer Park to win a state championship. I guess the administration and the parents don’t feel they have the talent to win without outside help. Judging by the talent I see at Indian Hill they should easily win back to back CHL titles. Without outside help.
The recruiting stuff is all speculation. There haven't been any new transfers in

dont see what mckinly has to gain by leaving walnut to go to a lower division....worse competition......the offers will roll in regardless of where he goes........just dont see him going to indian hill....now if he were to go the prep route that might make a little more sense.....

Interesting….there was big talk of the Madeira player going to Moe or Country Day…this from a few AAU coaches trying to land him….for Spring 2023…maybe Hill being at IH changed his mind?

Only way that can happen is if he lives on the border. There are a few homes that can pick between IH or Madeira. But a middle school kid going to a different school and eventually starting their high school career there is waaaaay different than a junior in CPS transferring his Sr. Yr into IH to play, unless his family is like the Jefferson (starts humming the Jeffersons opening song)

Only way that can happen is if he lives on the border. There are a few homes that can pick between IH or Madeira. But a middle school kid going to a different school and eventually starting their high school career there is waaaaay different than a junior in CPS transferring his Sr. Yr into IH to play, unless his family is like the Jefferson (starts humming the Jeffersons opening song)
or if their parent lives there, or if they make a fake address(which is not new for the CHL), or if a coach/employee takes guardianship. You don't REALLY think IH hired an AAU big name to not bring in talent ?

or if their parent lives there, or if they make a fake address(which is not new for the CHL), or if a coach/employee takes guardianship. You don't REALLY think IH hired an AAU big name to not bring in talent ?
I don't because there is no need. Its already talent there

D2 is tough sledding for IH..and was for Wyoming…private schools come into play… not saying impossible but he will need a boatload of help…and I can’t see IH parents sitting idly by like Deer Park…those folks are movers and shakers..captains of industry and law…