CHL 23-24

My only concern for them is a team with size that can slow them down…and also lack of depth …foul trouble could hurt them…but they have the talent to make a run for sure.
That’s how IH beat them. Lack of depth and they got in foul trouble early

P.O.Y and coach of the year hands down should both go to Wyoming. Winning the league outright with sophomores. Great job coach.
1st team should be interesting
2 from Wyoming because the coaches won’t allow more even if deserving.
2 from IH ( in the running Jones, Podijil Riggs and Hayden )
2 from Mariemont
1 from Taylor
1 from ? Deer Park

My 1st team ballot would be:
Wiley (Wyoming)
Evans (Wyoming)
Gray (Wyoming)
Jones (IH)
Hayden (IH)
Sam Stalzer (Mariemont)
Tully (Mariemont)
Wentz (Taylor)

2nd team ballot:
Arington (Deer Park)
Powers (Reading)
Davis (Reading)
Manning (Madeira)
Podojil (IH)
Bryant (FT)
Billingsley (Wyoming)
Snell (Taylor)

Wyoming back 2 back league champs, brings me back to the original disagreement in the thread over if the cowboys would be better or worse in ‘24 versus ‘23.

Wyoming back 2 back league champs, brings me back to the original disagreement in the thread over if the cowboys would be better or worse in ‘24 versus ‘23.
I dont know whom was disagreeing with you??

Here ill start the 2025 thread....

Wyoming wins 3rd CHL title in a row.... End of thread

IH got them in a trap game.

BUT that isn't going to happen multiple times a year in the CHL. at least not with the class Wyoming has there right now.

I dont know whom was disagreeing with you??

Here ill start the 2025 thread....

Wyoming wins 3rd CHL title in a row.... End of thread

IH got them in a trap game.

BUT that isn't going to happen multiple times a year in the CHL. at least not with the class Wyoming has there right now.
Wyoming plays as locked in as a team, s I have seen in a while. I don't think their game vs. IH was a trap game, as I actually called the upset. My reasoning behind it was that over the last 2 years Wyoming made all the plays down the stretch to beat IH and that since IH isn't a great outside shooting team, they have been attacking the rim a lot more than settling for jumpers. Wyoming's guards tend to reach a lot which opens them up to foul trouble. They must move their feet, because if they struggle keeping IH guards they may struggle against the better D2 teams in the region.

Why the heck does the CHL have a by law that all league honors cant be announced until a week after voting?

I see all these leagues announcing POY/COY , 1st team ect ect. And here we are stuck in 1983 and schools cant Push out good PR , hell until after half the teams are knocked out of the tourney. ++end rant++

Why the heck does the CHL have a by law that all league honors cant be announced until a week after voting?

I see all these leagues announcing POY/COY , 1st team ect ect. And here we are stuck in 1983 and schools cant Push out good PR , hell until after half the teams are knocked out of the tourney. ++end rant++
I think its a good policy.

If a coach chooses NOT to announce all league stuff...it's probably for a reason. You dont need an angry parent or upset kid going into tourny. That just causes needless problems if someone is offended by their "disease of me" and it hurts the team. Many coaches Ive talked to said their worst years, in terms of selfhishness and complaints are when they have won the most games. People don't feel like they get recognized enough for their or their kid's efforts

Are you sure that’s a bylaw? Track and cross country announce theirs at the league championship meet, which is where the coaches vote.

CHL regulations for team sports wait 1 week after the all league meeting to announce all stars. It's the coaches preference to avoid drama before the tournament starts.

5 CHL teams in tournament action today:

Taylor vs McNicholas (11 am @ Mason)

Deer Park vs Summit CD (1 pm @ Princeton)

Madeira vs Blanchester (3 pm @ Princeton)

Indian Hill vs Badin (3:30 pm @ Mason)

Mariemont vs Cincinnati Christian (7 pm @ Princeton)

Wow, 2nd year in a row IH losing to a lower seed. Got beat handling. Don’t worry IH next year with 7 divisions you might get a post Coach Burch tournament game win. Great job coaching staff.
No need for bitterness…IH didn’t under or over perfom…they were exactly what they are and have been…an athletic team with few true basketball players that struggled to score the ball. As I have stated all over the place…D2 is tough sledding in the tournament. They had a nice season and an excellent win against Wyoming in the league. Nothing to be ashamed of.

No need for bitterness…IH didn’t under or over perfom…they were exactly what they are and have been…an athletic team with few true basketball players that struggled to score the ball. As I have stated all over the place…D2 is tough sledding in the tournament. They had a nice season and an excellent win against Wyoming in the league. Nothing to be ashamed of.
I’m sure those 11 seniors had other plans, with the length and depth of that team. You would expect more from them tourney time, especially riding a 7 game win streak. That 2024 class only has 3 postseason wins. Two of which when they were freshmen, so likely didn’t have an impact in those games.

They seemed to turn things around after losing at home to Mariemont. Didn’t picture them one and done!

I’m sure those 11 seniors had other plans, with the length and depth of that team. You would expect more from them tourney time, especially riding a 7 game win streak. That 2024 class only has 3 postseason wins. Two of which when they were freshmen, so likely didn’t have an impact in those games.

They seemed to turn things around after losing at home to Mariemont. Didn’t picture them one and done!
GCL Coed teams are usually better than their record indicates. I haven’t seen Badin play but they are probably solid and battle tested.

COY Shocker?

Attachments

• IMG_4339.png
    IMG_4339.png
    196.7 KB · Views: 74
GCL Coed teams are usually better than their record indicates. I haven’t seen Badin play but they are probably solid and battle tested.
Coed teams show pretty well in tourney despite beating each other up in their round robin format. With rare exceptions ( Carroll?) they dont duck much ooc..

You are right a little bitter along with a lot of parents of boys that Coach Burch had. Senior parents ran him out with the help of a weak AD. Taught our boys more then just basketball. I do agree they got a great win against a talented sophomore Wyoming team. But it was a sophomore team.
Coach Burch had the same talent pool and always won games in the tournament. His second to last year he won the sectional. His last year even when he played a lot these senior kids when they were sophomores, because of injuries, still won a second round game in the tournament.
So hype up whatever you want about IH coach Burch won games and taught our kids how to handle themselves and made them better men.

I agree …I liked Tim Burch and it was sad they ran him out. I can see Caldwell as COY…with no size he got a bunch out of his team. The mystery to me is how DP got 4 players? They were absolutely terrible…I swap Hayden and Podigil..I know Hayden was coming off an injury but Podogil ran that show very effectively. This is one of the more head scratchers of an all league team I have witnessed in 20 years.