CHL 2019-2020

Last year Mariemont went 2-12 in the league and DP was not “the team to beat”...they went 10-4 and lost to a 6-8 Madeira team...Wyoming was the team to beat last year...hence the reload at DP
Pretty sure Wyo swept DP last year. With Edmunds and Mitchell still playing, alongside a healthy prater, they were one of the best CHL teams in recent years. DP was ok last year but definitely a down year from their 29-0 state championship year. Wyo and DP each picked up recruits this year, Ani for DP and that new point guard, no 4 for Wyoming, but the loss of key seniors for Wyo makes DP the team to beat in the CHL this year.

Where does this coach keep finding these guys?

Tre Munson came from Roger Bacon. Munson wasn't great as a sophomore at RB. Averaged 7 PPG on <30% shooting.

Ani Elliot came from Springfield. Didn't play a great deal during his sophomore year, averaged about 5 PPG. Not sure how Gentry "recruits" them, but it's obviously no coincidence these kids just keep transferring to DP.

My Son cooper that goes to Indian Hill and has friends from Mariemont that say jack bordering is for sure not playing. However, apparently they had a kid transfer from some school in Indiana a couple of weeks ago who is apparently 6'8 195 and their AD is in the works of getting him correctly enrolled in the Chl to play Friday against Indian hill. That's why Im here is it even possible for them to add a player to roster three weeks into the season. Also, I'm very skeptical of this being true but I felt this could be a topic to discuss
IF a family moved to Mariemont in the last few weeks from Indiana that young man is eligible to play immediately.

Tre Munson came from Roger Bacon. Munson wasn't great as a sophomore at RB. Averaged 7 PPG on <30% shooting.

Ani Elliot came from Springfield. Didn't play a great deal during his sophomore year, averaged about 5 PPG. Not sure how Gentry "recruits" them, but it's obviously no coincidence these kids just keep transferring to DP.
Gentry - Purcell
Mcentire - Purcell
Munson - Roger Bacon
Elliott - Taylor
They also have big from Springfield
Wise is actually the only player that plays significant minutes that started at deer park as a freshmen, not where he lived and who he lived with is a different story

I think it would be interesting to see what happened and the uproar of how they were able to enroll a kid 3 weeks into the season.

Uproar? I don't think anyone would be surprised.

Not unlike NCH during the Mayo days, eventually the circus will leave town and order will be restored.

Last edited:
Uproar? I don't think anyone would be surprised. Sadly, it's gotten to the point that it is EXPECTED now at Deer Park.

Not unlike NCH during the Mayo days, eventually the circus will leave town and order will be restored.
Well they need transfers because I don't think any of the residents would be eligible to play based on their atrocious academics. They have to get people on the court by any means possible!

Apparently His name is Charlie Williams he came from Carmel High school transferred to Mariemont due to his dad's job with PNG.

Gentry recruits on the AAU circuit/circus. Deer Park is not open enrollment. They just cheat. As stated here before the OHSAA is not a police force. The rely on AD’s to self report any violations ?. Most of us know where the $$ comes from because some of us know this mysterious “landlord “. The Wyoming kid was not a recruit. He lives in Wyoming but had been attending Moe. The transfer rules alow a 1 time transfer back to your residential district with no penalty.

Apparently His name is Charlie Williams he came from Carmel High school transferred to Mariemont due to his dad's job with PNG.
Charlie Williams? I asked my son if there were any transfers this year named Charlie Williams and he got really confused. This is a load of crap!

I think that most schools in the CHL are respectable and have enough honor to not have to bring “recruits” into this league.

Last edited by a moderator:
If there was a big-time Mariemont transfer, why haven't we heard about it until now? I won't believe it until I see it, anyone gonna be at Mariemont/IH tomorrow to vouch?

Also, anyone have updates on Prater? I was at Mariemont for Tuesday's game vs Wyoming and Prater was sidelined in a boot. Is he sitting out the season to prevent injuries as he's heading to UC this summer, or are we gonna see him play?

Also, anyone have updates on Prater? I was at Mariemont for Tuesday's game vs Wyoming and Prater was sidelined in a boot. Is he sitting out the season to prevent injuries as he's heading to UC this summer, or are we gonna see him play?
He's got a banged up toe. He wore a boot all football season long as well. He'll be back on the hardwood soon enough....just temporary

He's got a banged up toe. He wore a boot all football season long as well. He'll be back on the hardwood soon enough....just temporary

Word/Rumor is he is enrolling early at UC for football? Most blue chip QB’s go that route even if they red shirt...they get in the weight room...get reps in Spring..

Word/Rumor is he is enrolling early at UC for football? Most blue chip QB’s go that route even if they red shirt...they get in the weight room...get reps in Spring..
If he were my son he wouldn’t be stepping on the basketball court. Kids talented and I would hate to see that go away with any injury.

I have to speculate that "precious Prater" doesn't want to face all the scrutiny and heckling from CHL fans. He loves being the center of attention and the hometown hero but boisterous student sections have given him trouble in the past. Shouls be interesting to see how he handles playing the 'Huskers and at the "Bounce House" next year.

I wouldn’t be surprised if prater went to UC early, if he can graduate early I would say go for it if we wants a legit shot at being a starter there at some point. Under Fickel UC has developed into a top 25 program once again and Prater is gonna have to work if he wants to get reps there.

I have to speculate that "precious Prater" doesn't want to face all the scrutiny and heckling from CHL fans. He loves being the center of attention and the hometown hero but boisterous student sections have given him trouble in the past. Shouls be interesting to see how he handles playing the 'Huskers and at the "Bounce House" next year.

Seriously? This kid has accomplished amazing things on the football field and on the basketball court all while carrying the burden of being "the man" that every opposing team has game planned to stop. He's also navigated through the high pressure D1 recruiting process and you think he's not playing because of the pressure of facing CHL student sections?? What a freaking joke! You sound like a jealous mariemont high school student that doesn't have the skills that he has. Go back to bed

Seriously? This kid has accomplished amazing things on the football field and on the basketball court all while carrying the burden of being "the man" that every opposing team has game planned to stop. He's also navigated through the high pressure D1 recruiting process and you think he's not playing because of the pressure of facing CHL student sections?? What a freaking joke! You sound like a jealous mariemont high school student that doesn't have the skills that he has. Go back to bed
Why do you think Prater chose to play at UC and not some Power 5 program? I got a great night sleep last night. Thanks for the concern

Finneytown is big and solid...Holloway (sp?) is a terrific guard...I think DP wins but not a blowout

I haven't seen DP yet but it looks like they may have had some trouble rebounding against IH? Maybe Clay can do some business on the offensive glass; if he doesn't get into foul trouble they might be able to stay in it.