CHL 2019-2020

WEEKEND PREDICTIONS
Mariemont vs. Indian Hill: Indian Hill in a close one.
Madeira vs. Wyoming: At home for Wyoming, Cowboys take the cake.
Taylor vs Reading: Taylor has a extremely talented team in should out preform Reading
Finneytown vs Deer Park: DP is one of the most talented teams I have seen in a while. DP for sure should win this one.

69's Weekend Forecast
Mariemont upset over IH in the Cultural Appropriation Cup
Wyoming dominates at home over Maderia while Precious Prater gets healthy
Taylor dominates on the defensive end against an outmatched Reading team
Transfer High School puts the game away with an early 4th quarter run in a showdown between Wildcats and Mildcats

Calloway? That whole Jimmy Leon staff was a train wreck...now stinking it up at Lakota West. Ellis was a good coach but apparently rubbed the entitled the wrong way. If your relative isn’t playing he is a: not working hard enough, b: working hard enough but hit his ceiling athletically and can’t get on the court or c: just not athletic and talented enough. I saw the Seven Hills game..I actually think Caldwell plays too many kids...pick your best 8..maybe 9 and get after it...this is not rec

Absolutely...2 teams on the rise...I haven’t seen Taylor or Reading yet..Right now I think IH might be the top team..DP and Wyoming are very good and I know DP beat IH at home but the optics still give IH a slight advantage...just my opinion. Wyoming is very good but has no bench.

Seems like precious Prater was healthy. Scored 35 against Harrison on Saturday. Wyoming goes 2-0 on the weekend. Prater/Walker/Crayton looking like a good trio for Wyoming.
Mariemont is going to struggle all year. They don't have much talent and they play too many kids in Varsity games.
Deer Park and Finneytown played a close game. If Finneytown doesn't turn it over so much, they probably win.
Looks like Madeira and Reading are going to struggle as well. Taylor could be a team that finishes 5th

Austing for Taylor had another good game and one that really impressed me is Wachs from IH. He will score 15+ points a game without anyone noticing. Most from bunny layups or shots at the free throw line. I personally think Indian Hill is the best team in the CHL, but that just might by my bias...

CHL Power: Wyoming, Deer Park, Indian Hill, Taylor, Finneytown, Madeira, Mariemont/Reading.
Mariemont coaching position will be open in March.

Taylor won't be an easy out for any of the top dogs this season. As for Mariemont, correct with the parents, they will have their grievances, at that point the coach may choose to walk.

Austing for Taylor had another good game and one that really impressed me
Danny has had a heck of a start this year

vs Batavia 25 pts 10 reb 2stl 1 block
vs Talawanda 13pts 9 reb 4 stl
vs Mariemont 23 pts 5 reb
vs deer park 30 pts 2stl
vs reading 10 pts 4 reb 4 stl

think i saw on Taylors AD twitter he had 19 last night in their W vs Lawrenceburg

and the kids only a sophmore

Just saw Prater at the Cincinnati basketball game yesterday
He wasn't wearing the boot, so maybe he's good to play.
He was in the UC student section so perhaps he enrolled early???

Just saw Prater at the Cincinnati basketball game yesterday
He wasn't wearing the boot, so maybe he's good to play.
He was in the UC student section so perhaps he enrolled early???
It was just signing day yesterday. That's probably the only reason he was there. And he's already played in several games so obviously he's good to play.

I would think as a blue chipper he would enroll at UC in January....most QB prospects enroll early even if they are red shirting...hit the weights..get spring practice...hard to say

I would think as a blue chipper he would enroll at UC in January....most QB prospects enroll early even if they are red shirting...hit the weights..get spring practice...hard to say

Heard Luke Fickell on Mo Egger's show the other day talking about Prater. He's not enrolling so he can finish out his hoops career. Fickell did mention though that once a player signs their LOI that they're able to use the facilities and workout with their staff resources. So it sounds like even though he's not officially enrolled, he can obviously get to Clifton easily and he'll be starting to work with the team regardless.

Looking at the games tonight what does everyone think the outcomes will be, my thoughts below:

Wyoming @ DP- either Wyoming by 10 or close DP win-DP has to guard the 3 point line better then they have to have shot in this game.
Madeira @ Taylor- Taylor by 15 with Austing having at least 25
Reading @ IH-IH by 20+
Mariemont @ Finneytown- Finneytown by 7

I guess I’m just not feeling the love fest for Taylor that everyone on here seems to feel. I do think they are improved but I’m not sure that they are that good. They did hang in there against Deer Park for a while but still lost by 17. They have beaten a lot of bad teams and really struggled last week against a very bad Reading team. I think Wyoming, Indian Hill, Deer Park elite, and Finneytown are better than them