Central Buckeye Conference 2020

ghsknightsfan

love the Knights and Grey Ghosts!
I thought a thread was already created, but I guess not.

My predictions:

Kenton Trail
1. Jonathan Alder
2. London
3. Bellefontaine
4. Shawnee
5. Tecumseh
6. Kenton Ridge

Mad River
1. North Union
2. Indian lake
3. Graham
4. Ben Logan
5. Northwestern
6. Urbana

Bellefontaine/Shawnee and Graham/Ben Logan are interchangeable for me

Last edited:

My predictions:

Kenton Trail
1. Jonathan Alder
2. London
3. Bellefontaine
4. Shawnee
5. Tecumseh
6. Kenton Ridge

Mad River
1. North Union
2. Indian lake
3. Graham
4. Ben Logan
5. Northwestern
6. Urbana

I don't think IL finishes that high. They lost their ultra talented QB, with nothing to replace him. Their best WR is gone as well.

They did not show any ability to do anything the last two years when the ball was not in the QBs hands.

I don't think IL finishes that high. They lost their ultra talented QB, with nothing to replace him. Their best WR is gone as well.

They did not show any ability to do anything the last two years when the ball was not in the QBs hands.
it's a weak division. I don't think that Indian Lake will be better than .500, but they are well coached so I gave them the nod. Graham has some athletes I saw, so its quite possible they finish in 2nd in the Mad River. Ben Logan and Urbana are both dumpster fires. Northwestern has a very good coach but I think the talent pool there is going to be dry.

My predictions:

Kenton Trail
1. Jonathan Alder
2. London
3. Bellefontaine
4. Shawnee
5. Tecumseh
6. Kenton Ridge

Mad River
1. North Union
2. Indian lake
3. Graham
4. Ben Logan
5. Northwestern
6. Urbana

Probably spot on. KR might not win a game all season after losing so much. Shawnee will surprise people and possibly make playoffs. Mad River is really down and besides North Union how they finish league wise is a toss up.

Probably spot on. KR might not win a game all season after losing so much. Shawnee will surprise people and possibly make playoffs. Mad River is really down and besides North Union how they finish league wise is a toss up.
i don’t think it’s impossible for shawnee to make the playoffs but i’m not projecting it. i did my season projections and i had them on 10/11 line in D5R20 at 6-4. they could get in at 6-4 but would need to beat London or Alder. if not, 7-3 would get them a likely 8 seed.

i think KR will win, but not a lot. Northwestern, Ben Logan, and Tecumseh should be bad. Independence might be winnable. i could see them getting 1-2 wins out of that group but probably not much more

I don't think KR is going to be as bad as people assume. They may have lost two major studs on offense, but they always have quality athletes. Junior class should be good. The issue is whether or not they have anything up front. People are nuts if they don't think they'll have skill guys that will put up points against the bad to mediocre teams on their schedule.

Sounds like the Van Noord kid is going to Springfield, and I can't blame him. Much better daily and game competition for a kid who should play scholarship football, whether it ends up being MAC, FCS or high-end D2. Northwestern has a really good coach, but man are they going to be in bad shape this year.

Last edited:
I don't think KR is going to be as bad as people assume. They may have lost two major studs on offense, but they always have quality athletes. Junior class should be good. The issue is whether or not they have anything up front. People are nuts if they don't think they'll have skill guys that will put up points against the bad to mediocre teams on their schedule.

Sounds like the Van Noord kid is going to Springfield, and I can't blame him. Much better daily and game competition for a kid who should play scholarship football, whether it ends up being MAC, FCS or high-end D2. Northwestern has a really good coach, but man are they going to be in bad shape this year.
This is right on the button for Kenton Ridge. They haven't had a losing season in over a decade simply because they take care of business against the teams on the schedule that they should beat. There were a few seasons mixed in there that they competed with and beat the best but even in down years it's a good bet they beat bad teams.
Sorry to hear about the Van Noord kid leaving the program but it is a good move for a talented kid like him. I think he would have gotten offered from some teams even staying at NW but I get it. Hard blow for the Warrior program that's been trending in a good direction.

This is right on the button for Kenton Ridge. They haven't had a losing season in over a decade simply because they take care of business against the teams on the schedule that they should beat. There were a few seasons mixed in there that they competed with and beat the best but even in down years it's a good bet they beat bad teams.
Sorry to hear about the Van Noord kid leaving the program but it is a good move for a talented kid like him. I think he would have gotten offered from some teams even staying at NW but I get it. Hard blow for the Warrior program that's been trending in a good direction.

KR has been as predictable and reliable as any program around here the last several years...they regularly have a high floor and as you said it seems like they rarely lose to the weaker teams on their schedule. I'm curious to see how things go with the coaching change. IMO they have the most potential of the county schools, and the predictable 5-6 win years should probably be more like 7+ wins most years.

I think the writing was on the wall that he was going to carry it 250+ times at NW this year, taking on a huge amount of hits to no real benefit for his recruitment or development as a WR. They really rode him the back half of last year after it became apparent that they had to to be competitive. Maurice Douglass is as good as anyone at getting his kids to the next level, and this will allow him to play his natural offensive position with a scholarship caliber kid under center. This is a good move by him to secure his college future.

KR has been as predictable and reliable as any program around here the last several years...they regularly have a high floor and as you said it seems like they rarely lose to the weaker teams on their schedule. I'm curious to see how things go with the coaching change. IMO they have the most potential of the county schools, and the predictable 5-6 win years should probably be more like 7+ wins most years.

I think the writing was on the wall that he was going to carry it 250+ times at NW this year, taking on a huge amount of hits to no real benefit for his recruitment or development as a WR. They really rode him the back half of last year after it became apparent that they had to to be competitive. Maurice Douglass is as good as anyone at getting his kids to the next level, and this will allow him to play his natural offensive position with a scholarship caliber kid under center. This is a good move by him to secure his college future.
Thought I heard their JV only won one game last season and don’t return much if any firepower offensively. I checked their schedule out and they have 3 easy wins. Not sure if they can get one on their side of the conference. Tough year to have a coaching change and a lot of roster turnover with only being able to communicate online for offseason program. Just my opinion though

Thought I heard their JV only won one game last season and don’t return much if any firepower offensively. I checked their schedule out and they have 3 easy wins. Not sure if they can get one on their side of the conference. Tough year to have a coaching change and a lot of roster turnover with only being able to communicate online for offseason program. Just my opinion though

Junior high doesn't always translate upward, but I believe the Juniors to be lost once in junior high. I'll believe they don't have offensive firepower when I see it. Look at yearly stats on the CBC's website over the last decade and odds are at worst they'll have an average to above average QB for this league this coming year. They've been plugging and chugging QBs/RBs/WRs for years with 2-3 stat stuffers just about every year. The last time they really "rebuilt" at those spots in 2016 (after graduating all of their studs from 2014 and 2015) they still went 5-5.

If their non-league schedule is the same as last year, more than likely they'll beat at least four out of five between Carlisle, Ben Logan, Graham, NW and Tecumseh, if not all five IMO.

Last edited:
Kenton Trail
1. Jonathan Alder
2. London
3. Bellefontaine
4. Shawnee
5. KR
6. Tecumseh

Mad River
1. North Union
2. Indian lake
3. NW (Sleeper Pick)
4. Graham
5. BL
6. Urbana

I hope we have a season.

Junior high doesn't always translate upward, but I believe the Juniors to be lost once in junior high. I'll believe they don't have offensive firepower when I see it. Look at yearly stats on the CBC's website over the last decade and odds are at worst they'll have an average to above average QB for this league this coming year. They've been plugging and chugging QBs/RBs/WRs for years with 2-3 stat stuffers just about every year. The last time they really "rebuilt" at those spots in 2016 (after graduating all of their studs from 2014 and 2015) they still went 5-5.

If their non-league schedule is the same as last year, more than likely they'll beat at least four out of five between Carlisle, Ben Logan, Graham, NW and Tecumseh, if not all five IMO.

you could be right and hope so. a competitive KR team boosts the conference for sure

KR is the definition of ol'reliable. they never really disappoint, but they also never really over-achieve. I thought they could've made the playoffs at least one year with Lemen/Dibert. Probably 3-7/4-6 next year, then back to the usual.

Can any team on the Mad River side get a win in a crossover game? Interesting how up and down those schools are....unfortunately urbana has bottomed our after losing two coaches to MAC schools

My predictions:

Kenton Trail
1. Jonathan Alder
2. London
3. Bellefontaine
4. Shawnee
5. Tecumseh
6. Kenton Ridge

Mad River
1. North Union
2. Indian lake
3. Graham
4. Ben Logan
5. Northwestern
6. Urbana

I think London and Alder could be interchangeable. It will be interesting to see if London changes there offense a little with the next QB who is supposed to be a better passer. If the RB, Burns comes back healthy they should have a more dynamic offense. Alder lost some offensive weapons, big shoes to fill at RB with Proxmire graduating and Fenick who did a little of everything. Defensively, I think LB will be an interesting to watch with only one returning starter.

I agree with some of the other posters, Tecumseh could be a surprise. Also agree that Kenton ridge could be down, there Junior class was pretty stout in 8th grade, but I haven't seen that translate into the varsity or JV ranks.

North Union should be heads and tails above everyone else in the Mad River. Outside of Urbana, I think anyone from 2-5 could battle it out for 2nd place

My predictions:

Kenton Trail
1. Jonathan Alder
2. London
3. Bellefontaine
4. Shawnee
5. Tecumseh
6. Kenton Ridge

Mad River
1. North Union
2. Indian lake
3. Graham
4. Ben Logan
5. Northwestern
6. Urbana

I can't wait to see how the new(er) coaches do. I hope to see a few surprises.

Graham was last really good when McSurely was there. Since then it’s been mostly wrestling and basketball at Graham.