Celina vs Trotwood Madison

What a great comeback win by Celina! Bulldogs were down 21-35 before tying it up and then going ahead on what sounded like Trotwood having a bad snap on their punt and the ball was recovered by Celina in the end zone. 41-35. Celina with a HUGE win over Trotwood. Looks like the WBL might've finally caught up to Trotwood. All the respect to the Rams as they are a mighty talented program.

100% man. Believe me, as someone who played for Celina, I always hated the mentality, but unfortunately when you go multiple years with losing seasons, you get used to a losing culture and so a lot of Celina fans are humble which I respect, I believe humility is a great thing, but it’s to the point where it’s not so much humility, they just have 0 confidence and that rubs off, and you can’t win big games when you have no belief like you said. I honestly don’t know what the atmosphere is like right now. I know for the game in Wapak a few weeks ago, it wasn’t about talent, it was simply the fact that they had just won their first wbl championship for the first time since 1995 and they came into that game hungover, like they didn’t even wanna be there, they were too satisfied, from the fans, to the coaches, and to the players.. it was sad. I mean, I heard they were flat all week that week at practice and it showed. I’m hoping they come into this game against Trotwood fired up and ready to go, because they have a solid chance if they do. They’re much better than that 2015 team imo, but if everyone goes in there scared and satisfied, it’s gonna be a longgg night.
Did you play for coach Harris?

Heck of a win for Celina. I do not remember each scoring drive, but wow. Trotwood had 2 first half turnovers, with one resulting in a Celina TD later on. Trotwood’s #0 carried it over and over and over again, great game kid. He did have an ankle injury in the 3rd quarter but came back and finished. Trotwoods short passing game was not on tonight as the receivers missed several catches, mainly in the 2nd half. Celina got burnt on 3 long pass plays in the first half, the last one was a TD pass as time expired in the half to make it 35-21. Celina came out with the ball in the 2nd half and had it 4th down around midfield with 7ish minutes left. Morris threw a bomb to a wide open B. Gabes that gave Celina life. If Celina would have not gotten the 4th down conversion, I believe it would have been game over. Celina’s 2nd half defense bent but never broke as Trotwood failed to score in the 2nd half. Trotwood moved the ball all night but Celina’s D game up huge time and time again. There were 2 key stops Celina had on 4th down with Trotwood on our 25-30 yard line. Celina stopped Trotwood and we all hoped for some good clock management, but first (maybe 2nd) Celina play is taken 60 yards down the sideline to tie the game. Celina’s kickoff team attempted 3 pooch kicks and almost got the 3rd. Trotwoods offense came back on the field (visibly gassed) and had a couple penalties to keep them deep in their own territory. First and only punt for Trotwood ends in disaster as the snap is on the ground and somehow gets kicked into the endzone and recovered by Celina for a TD. XP is missed, which is his 3rd miss all year to make it 41-35 with 4ish minutes left. Celina stops Trotwood on a huge 4th down at the Celina 2-3 yard line. Again, penalties derail Trotwoods drive. Celina gets the ball back with 2 and change, needing 3 first downs. Celina uses good clock management but only gets 2 first downs. Celina pints with 15 seconds left and surprisingly Trotwood got 3 snaps off. Last pass of the game was barely deflected in the endzone to seal a Bulldog victory. Celina used a couple trick plays and different offensive formations to throw off the Trotwood D. Referees did not make a difference in the game, Celina had a couple first half drives stalled by holds, same for Trotwood in the 2nd half. I saw it all week on here and I firmly believe because Trotwoods starters have not had to play many 2nd half games since week 5 hurt them badly tonight. Celina played a flawless game, plus some timely Trotwood miscues. Celina could have stopped the last 1st half score with a dropped INT. Going to be a huge game against Tipp, hoping to be at Sidney or Piqua!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231006-174341_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20231006-174341_Facebook.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 36
Just got in from work, man what happened. I’m never get to see the exciting game. Was it close like the score, was there any defense???

Congrats Dawgs! Know their strength and conditioning coach well and I know he has been working them tough the last couple of off seasons!
Great to see another Mercer County team joining in the post season success. Week 13.....now this is when the real season starts.

Just got in from work, man what happened. I’m never get to see the exciting game. Was it close like the score, was there any defense???
Very close. Trotwood went up by 2 scores at the half. Minimal defense in the 1st half. Celina played lights out 2nd half on both sides of the ball.

Trotwood Madison had over 500 yds. of offense a rb rush for over 300 yds. and still somehow lost.
There was 1 possession that Trotwood did not make it past midfield and it was the muffed punt TD. T-M moved the ball all game, but they were not conditioned enough to play a disciplined 4 quarters. Celina’s mental miscues were in the first half, T-M’s in the 2nd half.

Turnovers and special teams my man. A luxury Celina won’t have against Tipp
How many turnovers does Tipp have this year? According to the Dayton Daily News, Trotwoods QB threw 1 INT up until last night and he had 1 plus 2 others that should have been INT’s. If Celina can force a turnover, chances are they will score. Celina’s efficiency in scoring off a turnover is impressive, has been all year.

There was 1 possession that Trotwood did not make it past midfield and it was the muffed punt TD. T-M moved the ball all game, but they were not conditioned enough to play a disciplined 4 quarters. Celina’s mental miscues were in the first half, T-M’s in the 2nd half.
Ahh the little things in life (football).

Recall the saying: There are 3 kind of lies: Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics?

Some real oddities out there in sports in regard to yardage and wins/losses.

One comes to mind is the Steelers and Texans.
2002 Final: Texans 24. Steelers 6.
Texans had a combined 47 TOTAL YARDS for the game. 10 passing and 37 rushing. They had 2 defensive TDs
Steelers had 422 total.

Let that sink in for a moment...........
Trotwood Madison had over 500 yds. of offense a rb rush for over 300 yds. and still somehow lost.

This message courtesy of, and endorsed, by the T.I.C. (Thavoice Informational Conglomerate) for educational and talking point conversations.
The reproduction and dissemination of this is info is strictly endorsed

You are welcome

Last edited:
Trotwood is actually very strong defensively. The D-tackles Whyce and Nash are young and very good. Trotwood might have the best group of linebackers in the entire region, lead by Evans and Henderson. If Celina is a pass-happy team, I don't think they'll be very successful. Celina's offensive line better be ready to block.
Welp, when you're wrong, you're wrong. Congrats Celina, beat Tipp.