Celina vs Trotwood Madison

You have convinced me if Celina can't tree the Tigers (V) the Dawgs won't be able to catch Trotwood, neither will Wapak. Hopefully I am wrong.
Never know these are kids. ML is fine I’m not 100% sure we would beat them, so definitely a good OOC look. Doesn’t have to be a Cincy or Dayton, just a different look is all, hell TCC is right up the street. Gotta beat them to win it anyway, why not give it a go.
I remember me and my wife, after the 4OT game (Trot/Wapak11/14) at Sidney. We talk to one of the Wapak kids before he went into the locker room. I don’t remember his name or number, but I do remember him making a very big impact in the game, the reason I wanted to shake his hand in the first place. I can’t quote, but he told us that they watched all the film we sent, and all the film they found on their own. He told us it’s nothing like lining up against it.

And those kids you mentioned, are signed to D1 schools since the beginning of the year not just college interest. CT you're just making excuses because you already know what's coming on Friday. But there's always the possibility of Celina winning that's why you play the game!
Hopefully the Dawgs can hang with T-M. Fantastic50 has us losing by 9, and that website has been accurate with our other 2 losses this year. I think it will be more than 9 due to Celina injuries, but we will see.

I would love for Celina to play larger schools like in years past, specifically basketball. But would also like to see a bigger (and good) team for football.

IMO scheduling tougher OOC opponents isn’t going to do much unless you’re already an established program. Celina getting whooped by a Trotwood or Troy in Week 1 isn’t going to make them more likely to compete in the playoffs. Although I guess playing a close game against a Butler or Piqua would be better than playing a close game or getting blown out by a MAC school.

I liked when Wapak and St. Mary’s had their yearly games against Bellefontaine and Sidney, respectively. Unfortunately the thing with the WBL is that there are not many similar sized schools in the area and they have to travel 45 minutes-1 hour for a good matchup with a similar sized school. I feel like the ideal matchups for me would be:

Wapak vs Trotwood - Two of the most consistent programs in region 12 with plenty of play off history, though TW has a really good series going with Winton Woods that I don’t think they’d want to stop anytime soon
St. Mary’s vs Troy - Both solid programs that match-up well, though not sure how motivated Troy would be to schedule this game
Celina vs Piqua - Similarly sized programs that can be inconsistent at times but would likely have really good matchups
Elida vs Lima Senior - Being from Lima I think this would be a really good series and I’m surprised it doesn’t get played at all
Defiance vs Napoleon - Nothing to change about this series, good rivalry game with similarly sized schools
Ottawa-Glandorf vs Eastwood - It is a little bit of a drive, but it’s a good matchup and I don’t see the need to change it up
Shawnee vs LCC - This should be a yearly matchup imo, big difference in school size but a lot of these kids live in the same neighborhoods and it’s usually a good game
Kenton vs Indian Lake - There’s no reason for Kenton to drive an hour and a half every other year to get demolished by Coldwater, Indian Lake is only 30 minutes away and provides a game that Kenton has a chance in
Bath vs Liberty-Benton - Both schools in the same division, LB is a better program but not too far off from where Bath is trending
Van Wert vs Bryan- Good matchup that doesn’t really need changed up, plus there’s no similar sized schools that are much closer that aren’t other WBL teams

Last edited:
IMO scheduling tougher OOC opponents isn’t going to do much unless you’re already an established program. Celina getting whooped by a Trotwood or Troy in Week 1 isn’t going to make them more likely to compete in the playoffs. Although I guess playing a close game against a Butler or Piqua would be better than playing a close game or getting blown out by a MAC school.

I liked when Wapak and St. Mary’s had their yearly games against Bellefontaine and Sidney, respectively. Unfortunately the thing with the WBL is that there are not many similar sized schools in the area and they have to travel 45 minutes-1 hour for a good matchup with a similar sized school. I feel like the ideal matchups for me would be:

Wapak vs Trotwood - Two of the most consistent programs in region 12 with plenty of play off history, though TW has a really good series going with Winton Woods that I don’t think they’d want to stop anytime soon
St. Mary’s vs Troy - Both solid programs that match-up well, though not sure how motivated Troy would be to schedule this game
Celina vs Piqua - Similarly sized programs that can be inconsistent at times but would likely have really good matchups
Elida vs Lima Senior - Being from Lima I think this would be a really good series and I’m surprised it doesn’t get played at all
Defiance vs Napoleon - Nothing to change about this series, good rivalry game with similarly sized schools
Ottawa-Glandorf vs Eastwood - It is a little bit of a drive, but it’s a good matchup and I don’t see the need to change it up
Shawnee vs LCC - This should be a yearly matchup imo, big difference in school size but a lot of these kids live in the same neighborhoods and it’s usually a good game
Kenton vs Indian Lake - There’s no reason for Kenton to drive an hour and a half every other year to get demolished by Coldwater, Indian Lake is only 30 minutes away and provides a game that Kenton has a chance in
Bath vs Liberty-Benton - Both schools in the same division, LB is a better program but not too far off from where Bath is trending
CW and Kenton ended their series, thankfully.
The Cowpokes picked up Valley View for week 1, and then Clinton Massie in week 2 after Bellefontaine dropped them like a sack of potatoes.
Heck, it looks like Coldwa7er will go at best 7-3 next year with those OOC games and the yearly spanking by the St13ners of Maria Stein.

Unsure whom the hillbillies got for week 1.

Hate that Lima Senior Elida matchup other than the locality.

I would love to see a CW and Celina week 1 but it will have to stay a scrimmage for now. Just so much connections between the two towns that I think could become a huge rivalry again.

I would love for Celina to play larger schools like in years past, specifically basketball. But would also like to see a bigger (and good) team for football.
I don’t mean to keep banging the drum, but I guess I don’t understand. If you can’t beat a Versailles, what’s the point on going bigger? Are you strictly looking for Harbin points?

CW and Kenton ended their series, thankfully.
The Cowpokes picked up Valley View for week 1, and then Clinton Massie in week 2 after Bellefontaine dropped them like a sack of potatoes.
Heck, it looks like Coldwa7er will go at best 7-3 next year with those OOC games and the yearly spanking by the St13ners of Maria Stein.

Unsure whom the hillbillies got for week 1.

Hate that Lima Senior Elida matchup other than the locality.

I would love to see a CW and Celina week 1 but it will have to stay a scrimmage for now. Just so much connections between the two towns that I think could become a huge rivalry again.
The hillbillies still have week 1 still open I believe, hoping that Wapak will renew the series one more year.

What about Van Wert?

Celina will have to put pressure on TW early to contain that QB or this will be over before or starts.

TW OL is bad but their skilled guys are next level in this region.

Celina will have to put pressure on TW early to contain that QB or this will be over before or starts.

Well Celinas D-line has been quick and explosive throughout the year, so they possibly could act on that, but like another poster said, there have been some injuries so who knows how it will go. How is Trotwood’s defense?

Well Celinas D-line has been quick and explosive throughout the year, so they possibly could act on that, but like another poster said, there have been some injuries so who knows how it will go. How is Trotwood’s defense?
Professor Klump will have you believe they are the equivalent of the '85 Bears but they have decent size and good at LB and DB, Dline is suspect to traps/counters etc.

Professor Klump will have you believe they are the equivalent of the '85 Bears but they have decent size and good at LB and DB, Dline is suspect to traps/counters etc.
Lmaooooooo, Fam I been humble the whole season, and not one time have I talked like that. You thinking 2014-2019 Klump. 2015 Celina came down here for a first round game. Celina parents that we encountered were very friendly and welcoming, and had know problem striking up conversation. One parent told me that” we know we are gonna get our butts kicked, just glad to get the wife out the house.” That was the parents attitude so I know the kids didn’t believe. How does this Celina squad feel, do they think they have a chance? That pissed me off because we jumped right on those kids, like they didn’t even belong. I bet it had nothing to do with talent, it was just simple belief. I hope tonight Celina is coached up, and ready to play like they belong on the field. I don’t like how schools carry the same Rep year after year when every year is different. Celina needs to have that SHOW ME attitude when that step on the soil, or it’s over just like that.

Lmaooooooo, Fam I been humble the whole season, and not one time have I talked like that. You thinking 2014-2019 Klump. 2015 Celina came down here for a first round game. Celina parents that we encountered were very friendly and welcoming, and had know problem striking up conversation. One parent told me that” we know we are gonna get our butts kicked, just glad to get the wife out the house.” That was the parents attitude so I know the kids didn’t believe. How does this Celina squad feel, do they think they have a chance? That pissed me off because we jumped right on those kids, like they didn’t even belong. I bet it had nothing to do with talent, it was just simple belief. I hope tonight Celina is coached up, and ready to play like they belong on the field. I don’t like how schools carry the same Rep year after year when every year is different. Celina needs to have that SHOW ME attitude when that step on the soil, or it’s over just like that.
100% man. Believe me, as someone who played for Celina, I always hated the mentality, but unfortunately when you go multiple years with losing seasons, you get used to a losing culture and so a lot of Celina fans are humble which I respect, I believe humility is a great thing, but it’s to the point where it’s not so much humility, they just have 0 confidence and that rubs off, and you can’t win big games when you have no belief like you said. I honestly don’t know what the atmosphere is like right now. I know for the game in Wapak a few weeks ago, it wasn’t about talent, it was simply the fact that they had just won their first wbl championship for the first time since 1995 and they came into that game hungover, like they didn’t even wanna be there, they were too satisfied, from the fans, to the coaches, and to the players.. it was sad. I mean, I heard they were flat all week that week at practice and it showed. I’m hoping they come into this game against Trotwood fired up and ready to go, because they have a solid chance if they do. They’re much better than that 2015 team imo, but if everyone goes in there scared and satisfied, it’s gonna be a longgg night.

Trotwood is actually very strong defensively. The D-tackles Whyce and Nash are young and very good. Trotwood might have the best group of linebackers in the entire region, lead by Evans and Henderson. If Celina is a pass-happy team, I don't think they'll be very successful. Celina's offensive line better be ready to block.

Trotwood is actually very strong defensively. The D-tackles Whyce and Nash are young and very good. Trotwood might have the best group of linebackers in the entire region, lead by Evans and Henderson. If Celina is a pass-happy team, I don't think they'll be very successful. Celina's offensive line better be ready to block.
Gotcha. Yeah, Celina doesn’t pass much unless they need to and they do have a very good oline when healthy, but I don’t know if they’ve faced anyone as big and physical as Trotwood looks besides maybe Wapak, it’ll be interesting

Anybody that hsa a problem with Klump has a problem with me. The great professor is the greatest of all time.

I guess I can dust off the keyboard and talk about this one. Trotwood rushed for almost 300 yards in the first playoff game, in their wins VS Playoff teams? 234 VS Fairmont, 102 VS Springfield, 220 Vs Alter, 220 VS Dunbar. On the season they average just under 150 yards rushing a game on a 5.8 yard average. So if they do have a bad offensive line it doesn't reflect in the statistics. I also saw that Trotwood Plays a lot of players both ways. They play about 4 guys both ways only one of which is on the interior line. I think the thing that gets lost is that Trotwood has WAY more than 4 Division 1 guys on this roster. They are just young guys. They have a defensive tackle with a West Virginia offer that is just a sophomore, not to mention a Sophomore WR with insane skills. I think it is the best Trotwood team in recent years, and I think it is because it is the best Trotwood defense in recent years. And then there is Mike Smith. Mike Smith is running the ball crazy this year.... Tonight's game should be interested, love seeing the Rams VS WBL teams.

I don’t mean to keep banging the drum, but I guess I don’t understand. If you can’t beat a Versailles, what’s the point on going bigger? Are you strictly looking for Harbin points?
Part looking for points. Reason I am bringing it up is Celina has an opportunity to schedule bigger with the Versailles series ending. If the Versailles series was not ending, I would not be bringing it up. The series has seen Celina win 5 games and Versailles win 8. I have heard different rumors of who we may pick up and it is not helping our schedule. Our scrimmages over the years have been bad too, up until we started with Coldwater a few years ago. If Celina wants to compete year after year, they need to beef up the scrimmages and first game.

I like Trotwood Madison in this game by 7-14 points. I think the Rams will be the physical team, and most likely the more athletic team as well. I'll go with:

Trotwood 28
Celina 14

I guess I can dust off the keyboard and talk about this one. Trotwood rushed for almost 300 yards in the first playoff game, in their wins VS Playoff teams? 234 VS Fairmont, 102 VS Springfield, 220 Vs Alter, 220 VS Dunbar. On the season they average just under 150 yards rushing a game on a 5.8 yard average. So if they do have a bad offensive line it doesn't reflect in the statistics. I also saw that Trotwood Plays a lot of players both ways. They play about 4 guys both ways only one of which is on the interior line. I think the thing that gets lost is that Trotwood has WAY more than 4 Division 1 guys on this roster. They are just young guys. They have a defensive tackle with a West Virginia offer that is just a sophomore, not to mention a Sophomore WR with insane skills. I think it is the best Trotwood team in recent years, and I think it is because it is the best Trotwood defense in recent years. And then there is Mike Smith. Mike Smith is running the ball crazy this year.... Tonight's game should be interested, love seeing the Rams VS WBL teams.

Piggy-backing off this- The only reason you're not seeing bigger numbers from Trotwood's QB and tailback is because, for half the season, they haven't been playing full games. Mike Smith could have easily had 200+ rushing yards against teams like Meadowdale, Thurgood Marshall, Ponitz, and Belmont, but those games were running clocks at halftime and the 2nd stringers were put in. Same thing with Tim Carpenter. He could easily have 3000 yards passing, but our coaches are merciful.

Piggy-backing off this- The only reason you're not seeing bigger numbers from Trotwood's QB and tailback is because, for half the season, they haven't been playing full games. Mike Smith could have easily had 200+ rushing yards against teams like Meadowdale, Thurgood Marshall, Ponitz, and Belmont, but those games were running clocks at halftime and the 2nd stringers were put in. Same thing with Tim Carpenter. He could easily have 3000 yards passing, but our coaches are merciful.
I’ve noticed that from watching on YouTube haha, seems like Trotwoods backups are in by mid/end of 2nd quarter 😂

I would put Truesdale, Knous, and Pack up there

Is anybody concerned about Trotwood not having to play starters much over the entire second half of the season? I'm certainly not. Maybe just some rust, but I don't see them not winning this one.

Is anybody concerned about Trotwood not having to play starters much over the entire second half of the season? I'm certainly not. Maybe just some rust, but I don't see them not winning this one.
That concern comes up from time to time RE teams who hadnt had to play their starters alot in the second half.
What I have noticed over the years it has not bearing, and actually was beneficial as the team seemed to be more fresh and pep in their step.

Adios.
AATW!

Playing DPS you have to, can’t keep those guys in and possibly score 100. Scored 70 against Belmont, but after that the scores came down a bit. Gifting us with five local games, you can’t go out and embarrass folks.