CBC 2019. Who you got?

I agree with the above post about appointing London the champion after week 3. Alder and Bellefontaine are both playoff teams and Kenton Ridge and Shawnee are not push overs either. The league is pretty solid top to bottom. This season reminds me of Tipps last few years in the league when every single week was a grinder which is nice to see after a few years of down football in the CBC.

Not sure I agree after this past week. North Union lost to Heath in a head scratcher giving up a 20pt lead. Got to believe North Union will refocus and give London a solid game. Still favor London but it should be a good one.

The Box score indicates it was 21-0 NU at half and 21-22 Heath was the final Was there a weather delay? If so how long and how does that impact. thoughts going forward.

The Box score indicates it was 21-0 NU at half and 21-22 Heath was the final Was there a weather delay? If so how long and how does that impact. thoughts going forward.

According to the article on the Marysville Tribune, NU gave up a quick score to start the half and stalled on offense. Poor execution down the stretch and penalties kept the momentum in Heath's favor. The NU coach doesn't mention anything about any of the delays being a factor or when they occurred during the game.

I think bellefontaine ends up winning the league. They beat a very athletic Sidney team and the score doesn’t show how bad the chiefs dominated them and let up at the half Sidney will have the best skill players they face and it’s not close. They lost to a very good wapak team and it was only a jamboree but still against St Mary’s they beat them up on defense and offense. Only problem for them is do they have the ability to pass when needed or can it improve

But the other 2 teams are so good it wouldn’t surprise me at all if either of them won it. It’s just so close. Can’t wait for these games

Hard to compare scores but London beat Columbus Academy worse than defending D4 state champ Wyoming beat Academy in week 1. Academy is usually pretty solid. Wyoming should be very good again this year as they returned their QB that's going to UC. Playing D3-D5 teams he's a man amongst boys.

London had a sophomore RB carry the ball 27 times for over 250 yards and 4 TDs against Academy. Those sophomore and junior classes are downright nasty. We should learn a lot more this week. Some of their opponents so far have been unknowns for this area, but North Union seems to be pretty good this year.

I don't think passing is much of an issue. Passing only hurt London twice last year (Wyoming and Whitehall), and both of those teams were significantly better than anyone in the CBC.

Last edited:
I was very impressed with Jonathan Alder last Friday night versus Bloom-Carroll. They have a big, physical line that looks well-conditioned and one that offers good pass protection. Run-blocking they get low and do well. They have some very good athletes between the tailbacks and WR’s.

Defensively they looked very stout in their pass coverage and dialed up excellent blitzing schemes against one of the better mid-size school QB’s in the state. I believe they had five picks, and ripped two of them at least for six the other way. I think their only weakness is if the QB can’t get better connection on the long-ball. He throws a good one in the air and he’s a good athlete, just a few times where it was one or two steps far from the receiver. Good luck the rest of the way to JA.

I was very impressed with Jonathan Alder last Friday night versus Bloom-Carroll. They have a big, physical line that looks well-conditioned and one that offers good pass protection. Run-blocking they get low and do well. They have some very good athletes between the tailbacks and WR’s.

Defensively they looked very stout in their pass coverage and dialed up excellent blitzing schemes against one of the better mid-size school QB’s in the state. I believe they had five picks, and ripped two of them at least for six the other way. I think their only weakness is if the QB can’t get better connection on the long-ball. He throws a good one in the air and he’s a good athlete, just a few times where it was one or two steps far from the receiver. Good luck the rest of the way to JA.

Pretty much the game I thought it would be, Alder needed to force BC to pass and get some turnovers to win. Alder has improved significantly since the first two scrimmages, as I'm sure other teams have made the leap from week 1 to week 2. Defense is really coming together and the offense is getting balanced. BC is going to win a lot of games this year and should be a playoff team again. Outside of Urbana and Tecumseh, Alder will have to play solid football against some quality opponents the second half of the season to challenge for the CBC and find a playoff spot in Region 11. I could foresee the possibly of a week 11 rematch with London depending on how things fall with playoff seeding.

I think Shawnee, London, jonathon alder and bellefontaine are all playoff teams I think one will be left out because Region 11 requires so much points.

It will interesting to see how the Braves will do against the Warriors this Friday. Big game for both. NW has the Cougars next while Shawnee can lick it's wounds against the Hillclimbers.

I think Shawnee can make it out of there region if they stay healthy and can make it

Tougher region than most would think though. Shawnee lost to Greenon, and I think the common consensus is that West Jefferson and WLS are both better teams than the Knights. I also have to believe that at least one of the Cincinnati schools (Taft, Madeira and/or Mariemont) is pretty good. I don't think Shawnee would be a favorite, but they certainly are talented enough to have a chance.

I'm pulling for the Lakers to get in too, and I believe they have a legit shot at 7-3 - which is where I believe they will finish. It would be great to see 3 OHC and 2 CBC schools in the same Region.

Tougher region than most would think though. Shawnee lost to Greenon, and I think the common consensus is that West Jefferson and WLS are both better teams than the Knights. I also have to believe that at least one of the Cincinnati schools (Taft, Madeira and/or Mariemont) is pretty good. I don't think Shawnee would be a favorite, but they certainly are talented enough to have a chance.

I'm pulling for the Lakers to get in too, and I believe they have a legit shot at 7-3 - which is where I believe they will finish. It would be great to see 3 OHC and 2 CBC schools in the same Region.
Idk it’ll be tough for Indian lake. They’re gonna get beat up pretty badly by bellefontaine and idk if they have enough to beat northwestern and I think north union is better than them

5-6 legit playoff teams in the CBC this year. Problem is that 2-3 will get left out. Dog eat Dog world in the CBC this year. Feast or Famine.

I wouldn't say it's a common consensus that the OHC North teams are better than Greenon. At this point I think it's pretty much indisputable that Greenon has the best player in that league, and he also happens to play the most important position on the field. It remains to be seen what that high-powered offense and seven game winning streak looks like against the better North teams.

Shawnee has a set of core players and a style that seems to mesh well with colder weather and the elements. Given the long track record of how they seem to hit another level at the end of the year and into the postseason, I would not want anything to do with a Rick Meeks' football team in D5 in week 11 or week 12. They have made many "superior" opponents look less than in the month of November over the years.

Last edited:
There was a time when they were a small D2/large D3 back when there were six divisions. Enrollment is down everywhere around Springfield, but they have probably been hit the hardest of the county schools by the STEM/Magnet high school that's on the southside of Springfield.

Frankly, if Greenon and Shawnee are D5 I'm surprised that NW is still D4. They have to be barely hanging on by a thread. Earlier this decade they had a brief enrollment cycle where they were D5, and I can't believe that they've really bounced back up from that point.

I wouldn't say it's a common consensus that the OHC North teams are better than Greenon. At this point I think it's pretty much indisputable that Greenon has the best player in that league, and he also happens to play the most important position on the field. It remains to be seen what that high-powered offense and seven game winning streak looks like against the better North teams.

Shawnee has a set of core players and a style that seems to mesh well with colder weather and the elements. Given the long track record of how they seem to hit another level at the end of the year and into the postseason, I would not want anything to do with a Rick Meeks' football team in D5 in week 11 or week 12. They have made many "superior" opponents look less than in the month of November over the years.
if i’m correct, Shawnee rolled a very good Bellefontaine team on a cold rainy night last year, 34-0. as a Greenon fan it would be fun to see shawnee in the playoffs and i think both teams will be better. i won’t say shawnee will win the region, but if they get a good draw, it’s possible. i don’t like the Braves against any of the OHC teams but against anyone else? yes.

I think there is a real chance of a Greenon/Shawnee rematch in the postseason and with how close the game was played it will be very good if it happens.

West Jeff has a long history as does West Liberty Salem.
Shawnee is a good program as is Greenon, but those two are going to be very tough.

I think there is a real chance of a Greenon/Shawnee rematch in the postseason and with how close the game was played it will be very good if it happens.

I think it's more than likely a second round match-up if it happens. Greenon at 9-1 likely doesn't host, they need to go 10-0 (and that's still not a guarantee, it's probably the 4 seed). Shawnee more than likely will also be on the road in Week 11. Shawnee needs 7-3 to be a 6 or 7 seed. Should be a fun region to watch down the stretch.

I know it doesn't matter much right now, but Region 20 has the 2nd lowest "regional champion probability" in the state according to Drew Pasteur. So he see's some real balance there (or his math does).

Region 20
West Jefferson (3-0) 23%
Cincinnati Taft (2-1) 17%
Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy (2-1) 15%
Cincinnati Madeira (3-0) 12%
West Liberty-Salem (3-0) 7.4%
Springfield Shawnee (2-1) 4.4%
Cincinnati Mariemont (3-0) 4.4%
Middletown Madison (1-2) 4.1%
Springfield Greenon (3-0) 2.5%
Brookville (2-1) 2.0%
Lewistown Indian Lake (2-1) 1.8%
Cincinnati Summit Country Day (3-0) 1.8%
Cincinnati Purcell Marian (2-1) 1.6%
London Madison-Plains (3-0) 1.1%
Casstown Miami East (1-2) 0.6%

if i’m correct, Shawnee rolled a very good Bellefontaine team on a cold rainy night last year, 34-0. as a Greenon fan it would be fun to see shawnee in the playoffs and i think both teams will be better. i won’t say shawnee will win the region, but if they get a good draw, it’s possible. i don’t like the Braves against any of the OHC teams but against anyone else? yes.

Bellefontaine didn’t have Garrett Gross against Shawnee, who was most likely the best player in the CBC last year and probably this year. You wouldn’t think 1 player would make a difference, but he was their entire offense and the team leader on defense.

Gross is a good player but as far as the best in the CBC last year...not so sure about that. Proxmire was a beast and Glass was probably the best overall athlete and I assume that is why they were co-offensive POTY. Curious as to what looks or offers they are getting from colleges. Lemen and Dibert at KR are two kids I would put at the top of this list as well, just lacked supporting cast or KR would have been more than a 5-5 team. As far as defense, McDonald...WOW and I'm sure the O-Coords are glad he graduated. Absolutely no disrespect to Gross but last year he was a top five player. This year may be a different story.

The Region 20 favorites have to be Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy. CHCA returns a lot of their team from last year when they beat WJ in wk 11 at West Jeff. Cincinnati Taft will be formidable, the winner of Mariement/Maderia will should make it into the playoffs but both teams will most likely lose to Wyoming & Indian Hill. Does 6-4 get Shawnee in? Drew Pasteur's sites says Shawnee would be a bubble team at 6-4. Sorry but I just don't see them winning any of these 3 games: @ Bellefontaine, London and @ Jonathan Alder. London's sophomore class has been very successful thus far, they dominated MSL teams in 7th & 8th grade. I think London will be the team to be not only this year but the next two years.

i have shawnee at 7-3. they lost to Greenon and i think they will lose to London and Bellefontaine. they beat Alder last year so i think they can again. i think they will get a 4-7 seed with that record. in an unlikely scenario, Greenon and Shawnee could be 4-5. i like Greenon in the first round if they are playing Madeira or Mariemont. i think they would battle against West Jeff and West Lib. don’t know much about CHCA and Taft except Taft isn’t as good this year. imagine Greenon vs Shawnee in a 2nd round game playing at Springfield High School!!