Bracketology.........

jtk

As of Jan. 3, Lunardi predicts.....

Xavier #8 playing BYU, then Syracuse
UC first four out.

i know its early, but it usually brings up some interesting conversations/scenarios.

jtk
()

Bracketology before mid February is useless, I'm sure even Lunardi would tell you that if he wasn't raking it in from ESPN.

no kidding it's useless. but it is funny to see UC fans get riled up about their snub from the list. don't worry though. if they win tomorrow, im sure they will be in there next week for the play in game........

jtk
()

no kidding it's useless. but it is funny to see UC fans get riled up about their snub from the list. don't worry though. if they win tomorrow, im sure they will be in there next week for the play in game........

jtk
()

who was riled up? :shrug:

Xavier also has alot more opportunities to slip up if they lose to more bad A10 teams. A UC loss to Syracuse, Louisville, etc wont hurt much and a win would be huge.

I completely disagree. Lunardi almost always has UC as high or higher than they end up being. I remember when he had them solidly in the tournament (ie not in his "last 4 in") their first year in the BE when they got snubbed. And in the C-USA days he routinely had them has a 2 or 3 when they would end up being a 3 or 4. I'm really confused at how anyone could say he "hates UC" :confused:

I completely disagree. Lunardi almost always has UC as high or higher than they end up being. I remember when he had them solidly in the tournament (ie not in his "last 4 in") their first year in the BE when they got snubbed. And in the C-USA days he routinely had them has a 2 or 3 when they would end up being a 3 or 4. I'm really confused at how anyone could say he "hates UC" :confused:

I didn't really look into it, so maybe my statement isnt true; it always seemed to me he tended to underrate them in the past.

I never got that impression. You might be right as far as last year goes (I feel like he had them as a worse seed than they ended up, although that might even be inaccurate), but I know he used to defend UC in the C-USA days when people would bash UC because of the conference they played in.

Yeah, it definitely wouldn't be the first ignorant impression I've made about someone on some random anecdotal data point. I'll concede I could definitely be wrong on my statement, but I'm still going to continue to say it. :)

He also has Akron as a 14 and Cleveland State as a 15, but of course, the MAC and Horizon don't matter :rolleyes:

He also has Akron as a 14 and Cleveland State as a 15, but of course, the MAC and Horizon don't matter :rolleyes:

I would guess he did not include them because they are not in as an at large, just in because at this point Lunardi thinks they will get the auto-bid. Two completely different things and this thread is more like bubble/ seed watch. Meanwhile CSU and Arkon, would soley get in if they win their conference tourny. Not much to discuss there until conference tourny time.

I would guess he did not include them because they are not in as an at large, just in because at this point Lunardi thinks they will get the auto-bid. Two completely different things and this thread is more like bubble/ seed watch. Meanwhile CSU and Arkon, would soley get in if they win their conference tourny. Not much to discuss there until conference tourny time.

Exactly.

Figured the loses resulting from our shooting woes would knock us away from the attention of the national media.

I don't believe we are NC contenders this year, but no one thought VCU would be in the Final Four last year either.

Ohio is the only MAC team still with a glimmer of hope for an at-large. Kent's star is fading and Akron didn't get off to a good enough start.

Jerry Palm from CBS Sports posted his Braketology today:

Ohio State 2 Seed

Dayton 7 Seed

Xavier 11 Seed

UC he has currently out

By Conference:

Big Ten - 9 Teams
Big East - 7 Teams
Big XII - 6 Teams
SEC - 6 Teams
ACC - 5 Teams
A-10 - 3 Teams
Pac 12 - 1 Team

Jerry Palm hates UC.

I would say he is on target right now. These projections are as of right now, and right now UC would have the highest RPI of any team to ever make the NCAA tournament. So to not include them is not a stretch at all. If they win tonight it will definitely help their case and their RPI will be in the 60's I would guess.

On a side note the NCAA tournament committee will have some very tough decisons on Big East teams. The Big East is down this year and you have a team like USF who does not have all that great of a resume but are in the top half of the Big East with a winning record. Meanwhile you have UCONN with all the right computer numbers and struggling in league play.