Boardman Football 2020

Mike Pavlansky would be a fool to leave Canfield but throw everything you can at him. How about Sean Gurrriero at Springfield? I believe he is a boardman resident as well. I'd even reach out to Ron Johnson at Salem..he's done a good job there and won at McKinley before getting run out of there

Pavlansky and Guerriero have it too good where they are. Johnson also has a talented young group at Salem... his son, a Sophomore, is the starting QB. If he does leave Salem, I don’t think it’ll be until after his son graduates.

Paul Hulea makes too much sense...

Put out a true new head coaching job search and you will be surprised how many qualified candidates /applicants will actually apply , and non current teacher or staff candidates well beyond the 5 names that continue being named from successful programs and communities next to boardman ...... Boardman showed much grit and great promise in Friday night . Terrance Thomas ,OHoro ,Hightower Strines, to mention a few that played hard Friday .. Even though Trveri had a rough night, he still is the guy you need to take you into A successful season next year bc he has a short memory after a rough play or bad game which is a very important thing for a quarterback to be successful. He has 3 great receivers to throw to who will go up and get the ball and highpoint the passes .. He forces the defense to cover sideline to sideline which open up the run or stops stacking the box where Thomas dosnt provide that threat . They will have a strong running back retuning in OHoro with him , strong outside backers with OHoro and Thompson , one inside backer Strines ,a safety Terrance Thomas and 2 cornerbacks Hightower, braylon , lineman of Courtney Love and Sferra all returning which will support Triveri to not have to force the big play or passing and his return next season when he is recovered . The team needs speed on the defensive End or edges , need speed on the D-Line to get some pressure on opposing qb which has been completely absent this entire season . They Need 2 additional offensive lineman . Ortiz on some offense but he needs to play defense bc he is far to athletic to not be a team player.. Then 5 sophmores are going to be good next year in McHood , Torres , younger Micco and 2 others I forget names.. The freshman team has 6 promising players coming up . McCutchon a tough 6’ 1” 210 Lb d-End who is NOT slow like the current D-Ends , a promising young Conti brother on offensive line , a younger Torres brother who is a good hard player at RB and LB , then 2 wideout/ Running back types Who had great freshman year . Maybe a transfer or 2 who knows ! Add a new culture, a real special teams program , a new head coach , and this guy could take the team to the semi finals State game the first year if he changes the culture immediately..

Let’s hope so. I think they do. They need to be active on getting top candidates to apply and let them know they aren’t going inside, which is why coaches don’t often apply because they know they don’t have a real shot to get hired. There’s no one even remotely qualified internally to take over but that hasn’t stopped Boardman before (Ignazio is a perfect example).

Ideally you could get a younger guy with experience who could be here for awhile. But I also think a stop gap like Hulea who could mentor up a younger OC or DC to take over in 5 years would be a good route too. The talent is there to be a top team in R5 next year with a good staff. Ideally you don’t want a guy whose never been a HC taking over.

Salem’s coach if he brought his son over could be a scary team. The kid only a sophmore is an absolute stud. Doubt it happens because he has total control out there.

Just look at Fitch. Things were getting stale there, even before the unfortunate passing of Phil. They hired the right guy. Young, tons of energy. Brought his own offense to the team and it's doing wonders for the program. Boardman needs a shot of energy right now.

Put out a true new head coaching job search and you will be surprised how many qualified candidates /applicants will actually apply , and non current teacher or staff candidates well beyond the 5 names that continue being named from successful programs and communities next to boardman ...... Boardman showed much grit and great promise in Friday night . Terrance Thomas ,OHoro ,Hightower Strines, to mention a few that played hard Friday .. Even though Trveri had a rough night, he still is the guy you need to take you into A successful season next year bc he has a short memory after a rough play or bad game which is a very important thing for a quarterback to be successful. He has 3 great receivers to throw to who will go up and get the ball and highpoint the passes .. He forces the defense to cover sideline to sideline which open up the run or stops stacking the box where Thomas dosnt provide that threat . They will have a strong running back retuning in OHoro with him , strong outside backers with OHoro and Thompson , one inside backer Strines ,a safety Terrance Thomas and 2 cornerbacks Hightower, braylon , lineman of Courtney Love and Sferra all returning which will support Triveri to not have to force the big play or passing and his return next season when he is recovered . The team needs speed on the defensive End or edges , need speed on the D-Line to get some pressure on opposing qb which has been completely absent this entire season . They Need 2 additional offensive lineman . Ortiz on some offense but he needs to play defense bc he is far to athletic to not be a team player.. Then 5 sophmores are going to be good next year in McHood , Torres , younger Micco and 2 others I forget names.. The freshman team has 6 promising players coming up . McCutchon a tough 6’ 1” 210 Lb d-End who is NOT slow like the current D-Ends , a promising young Conti brother on offensive line , a younger Torres brother who is a good hard player at RB and LB , then 2 wideout/ Running back types Who had great freshman year . Maybe a transfer or 2 who knows ! Add a new culture, a real special teams program , a new head coach , and this guy could take the team to the semi finals State game the first year if he changes the culture immediately..
You must have watched a different game than I did. I saw a QB throw multiple interceptions including three pick 6. There is no doubt that next year has lots of potential but I would not blame the upperclassmen for losing the game on Friday. However, I do agree with coaching issues. They can hardly call a play within the time and 7 out of 10 times it’s a bad play call. A good quarterback should read the field and throw accordingly. Boardman’s defense is strong and played well, it’s a shame they are on the field so much.

We did in fact watch the exact same game and Trveri did throw a bunch of interceptions 5 to be exact and 3 of them were pick 6’s and the other interception was when we had a drive down to riversides 6 and he just threw it up for grabs which showed terrible decision making. But let’s hope and I would think that will be corrected on his those mental blunders after gaining maturity and some additional starts bc he has only a total of 2 starts at QB prior to Riverside game. . BHS is still a more balanced offense with Trveri vs Terrance Thomas bc defenses will simply stack box and have zero respect on the pass when Thomas is in !! Now into next season if Triveri continues to force and stare down receivers against good teams , well then we can criticize and make a negative outlook on him however currently he is only at 65% health at best and was limping after the line kept breaking down and he got dinged up a bit Friday it appeared and grinder through it .. The staff should have backed off that pass boardmans final drive after they got past midfield again bc boardmans offense got in a position to tie the game before his final pic 6 but he was struggling so the run was finally bearing fruit with the tired defense and the play action was paying off so an occasion pass and grind the rock in the end or final drive once past mid field !!.. However for you to insinuate that that I was blaming it on the upperclassman tells me that you may have a dog in the fight in some form. It leads me to wonder if you have an upperclassman or know an upperclassmen and I didn’t but will clearly state my thoughts on them now .. I talked about how positive the future is bc of what juniors and Sophomores players are returning plus possible freshman hopefuls who will position boardman to have a great outlook for the next football year.. Unfortunately upperclassmen won’t be returning or coming back so left them out!!!! . If you want me to touch on my thought regarding upperclass players here it is !! Aside from Fleming and Powell I can’t think of another Senior who has has been a big player or made a major impact for boardman this football season unfortunately and maybe I overlooked someone and if I have my apologies... Certainly not any upper class-men on the offensive or defensive lines have shown consistentcy. The Offensive line brpoke down all year .. The lack of defensive line pressure on the opposing QBs..., The linebackers with inability to cover passing seams or safeties or 2ndary who don’t tackle and wrap or hit aggressively and allow wide outs behind them on deep balls especially on 3rd and 4th and long ... Boardm football program lists only around 11 seniors listed on roster total on the entire team!! . I attended 2 games and watched the other 5 games on Ysn or BSTN and wasn’t trying to be offensive or insulting so my apologies if I have . ..However in the games I watched this team clearly lacks senior leadership !!!. My comment that Triveri is qb in future is true in my eyes regardless to how bad or brutal an evening he had VS Riverside bc it happens with QBs sometimes unfortunately let’s hope it’s the 1x he just lost his mind ??.. As Triveri gets more playing time and a staff teaches or forces him how to either throw the ball away or check off to a different receiver not just try to live off the long ball which they love for him to to go deep and live off .. He needs to stop forcing balls and stop staring down his receivers and the staff will help him succeed bc it puts him in a bad position trying to showcase him more then they should !! This team needs unity not individualism. It needs play callers or coaches who care more on winning then being glamorous with play calls or showcase certain guys ..This team lack basic fundamentals of football .. I could name 1 senior safety ,2 senior lineman , 1 little linebacker , another senior who try and played hard but they break down and are either too slow or they give up huge plays all the time and get qb and RB killed before they even get back to the line Of scrimmage . They are hit 3yards into the backfield though they’re trying but it’s still hurting the success of this offense including QB !, .. I believe if the staff worked more on fundamentals possibly most of those seniors may have be standouts possibly! The 4th and 9 at riverside 38 YD line was the worst play or decision of the night. Another foolish coaching decision . It pput the players in a pressure position with to much to lose with so much total game remaining when it wasn’t needed when being in the lead 5 minutes prior to half time!!! The staff fails to recognize all the moving parts that make that 4th and 9 a foolish decision bc of Boardmans inconsistent offensive line and personel concerns with BHS lack of depth and the next man up theory where every player should be able to carry out every play called which is unrealistic bc the staff dosnt know which personell is in the game when certain more difficult and high pressure plays are called and fail . Boardmans # 3 holds on 5 big plays and the drops over middle in traffic etc... Punt the ball and it flips the field and BHS can get the ball back and put the kids in a good position remembering they are high school kids !!! So if they punt and riverside becomes less likely to score bc the likelihood of Riverside gaining 6 or 7 straight 1st downs is unlikely , however for riverside to get the ball at the 38 yard line and then Riverside gains 3 first downs and now they’re on boardmans 30 yard line and it’s now four down territory which is exactly the way it played out Friday and riverside made a 4th and 11 . Bhs staff don’t have the ability to process that thought at least the way I think high school coaches whom don’t have a St Ignatious depth of team .. ! I’m hoping they turn it around because I really do like Spartan football.

We did in fact watch the exact same game and Trveri did throw a bunch of interceptions 5 to be exact and 3 of them were pick 6’s and the other interception was when we had a drive down to riversides 6 and he just threw it up for grabs which showed terrible decision making. But let’s hope and I would think that will be corrected on his those mental blunders after gaining maturity and some additional starts bc he has only a total of 2 starts at QB prior to Riverside game. . BHS is still a more balanced offense with Trveri vs Terrance Thomas bc defenses will simply stack box and have zero respect on the pass when Thomas is in !! Now into next season if Triveri continues to force and stare down receivers against good teams , well then we can criticize and make a negative outlook on him however currently he is only at 65% health at best and was limping after the line kept breaking down and he got dinged up a bit Friday it appeared and grinder through it .. The staff should have backed off that pass boardmans final drive after they got past midfield again bc boardmans offense got in a position to tie the game before his final pic 6 but he was struggling so the run was finally bearing fruit with the tired defense and the play action was paying off so an occasion pass and grind the rock in the end or final drive once past mid field !!.. However for you to insinuate that that I was blaming it on the upperclassman tells me that you may have a dog in the fight in some form. It leads me to wonder if you have an upperclassman or know an upperclassmen and I didn’t but will clearly state my thoughts on them now .. I talked about how positive the future is bc of what juniors and Sophomores players are returning plus possible freshman hopefuls who will position boardman to have a great outlook for the next football year.. Unfortunately upperclassmen won’t be returning or coming back so left them out!!!! . If you want me to touch on my thought regarding upperclass players here it is !! Aside from Fleming and Powell I can’t think of another Senior who has has been a big player or made a major impact for boardman this football season unfortunately and maybe I overlooked someone and if I have my apologies... Certainly not any upper class-men on the offensive or defensive lines have shown consistentcy. The Offensive line brpoke down all year .. The lack of defensive line pressure on the opposing QBs..., The linebackers with inability to cover passing seams or safeties or 2ndary who don’t tackle and wrap or hit aggressively and allow wide outs behind them on deep balls especially on 3rd and 4th and long ... Boardm football program lists only around 11 seniors listed on roster total on the entire team!! . I attended 2 games and watched the other 5 games on Ysn or BSTN and wasn’t trying to be offensive or insulting so my apologies if I have . ..However in the games I watched this team clearly lacks senior leadership !!!. My comment that Triveri is qb in future is true in my eyes regardless to how bad or brutal an evening he had VS Riverside bc it happens with QBs sometimes unfortunately let’s hope it’s the 1x he just lost his mind ??.. As Triveri gets more playing time and a staff teaches or forces him how to either throw the ball away or check off to a different receiver not just try to live off the long ball which they love for him to to go deep and live off .. He needs to stop forcing balls and stop staring down his receivers and the staff will help him succeed bc it puts him in a bad position trying to showcase him more then they should !! This team needs unity not individualism. It needs play callers or coaches who care more on winning then being glamorous with play calls or showcase certain guys ..This team lack basic fundamentals of football .. I could name 1 senior safety ,2 senior lineman , 1 little linebacker , another senior who try and played hard but they break down and are either too slow or they give up huge plays all the time and get qb and RB killed before they even get back to the line Of scrimmage . They are hit 3yards into the backfield though they’re trying but it’s still hurting the success of this offense including QB !, .. I believe if the staff worked more on fundamentals possibly most of those seniors may have be standouts possibly! The 4th and 9 at riverside 38 YD line was the worst play or decision of the night. Another foolish coaching decision . It pput the players in a pressure position with to much to lose with so much total game remaining when it wasn’t needed when being in the lead 5 minutes prior to half time!!! The staff fails to recognize all the moving parts that make that 4th and 9 a foolish decision bc of Boardmans inconsistent offensive line and personel concerns with BHS lack of depth and the next man up theory where every player should be able to carry out every play called which is unrealistic bc the staff dosnt know which personell is in the game when certain more difficult and high pressure plays are called and fail . Boardmans # 3 holds on 5 big plays and the drops over middle in traffic etc... Punt the ball and it flips the field and BHS can get the ball back and put the kids in a good position remembering they are high school kids !!! So if they punt and riverside becomes less likely to score bc the likelihood of Riverside gaining 6 or 7 straight 1st downs is unlikely , however for riverside to get the ball at the 38 yard line and then Riverside gains 3 first downs and now they’re on boardmans 30 yard line and it’s now four down territory which is exactly the way it played out Friday and riverside made a 4th and 11 . Bhs staff don’t have the ability to process that thought at least the way I think high school coaches whom don’t have a St Ignatious depth of team .. ! I’m hoping they turn it around because I really do like Spartan football.
Clearly I hit a sensitive spot there which leads me to believe you have ties to the QB. So my apologies for that. And not that I try to rip anyone apart but considering your lengthy response I will just say.. I mistakenly thought the entire offensive Line was seniors, to continuously say they did nothing was just wrong. How long can they hold each block, the qb needs to move quick and react. Other seniors have also contributed all season. I completely agree that the time has come to replace coaching staff and you hit the nail on the head about the play calling to only display certain players. Hoping for a great change next year so we can continue to watch the Spartans win!

It’s all good and my apologies for my last long response. I honestly have no ties to the QB . I am just so very frustrated as we all are in our own various ways with the overall games boardman should be winning . I just feel with Trveri in there at QB versus Terrence Thomas that at least Trveri forces the defenses to cover sideline to sideline and account for every player and that gives boardman a chance to utilize all of the skilled athletes and not be so predictable as was the case in 1sr 4 weeks .. Now Terrence Thomas is by far the best athlete on the field , however good coaches double-team and put a spy him and Boardman‘s offensive staff doesn’t use him as a decoy when that double teaming occurs which is frustrating! Or when Thomas is in they just are so predictable and the opposing defenses simply rush 7 in the box when he was a quarterback. Trveri offers more options . Let’s hope he doesn’t continue to throw ill advised throws and multiple interceptions games. ! Now in the vindicator yesterday it said Trveri threw for 289 yards and was 11 for 19 and 2 touchdowns or something like that which made it sound like it wasn’t all that bad of a game , but in reality he cost spartans more points that he gained for them vs Riverside which supports your concern or point ! . I’m hoping that was a once in a blue moon bad game bc it happens? I think we’re all rooting for success and it’s been so long since we have had an over achieving team and staff that we’re all just extremely frustrated. Hopefully I wasn’t offensive because I certainly wasn’t intending to be. Good luck Spartans in the future

Wkbn is reporting the Chaney game is cancelled due to Covid 19. They say some Boardman coaches have the virus.

Dana Balash tweeted same thing.

Last edited:
So the team is not practicing and the season has concluded with no make up game? If so , it’s disappointing to end without a final game or 2 from one perspective. Then the other perspective is the team should feel grateful they we’re permitted to play as many games as they did with the COVID scares upon them each and every every week !!!. I actually commend the hard work the athletic department appeared to make in assuring this team played any football whatsoever !! Unfortunately it didn’t help me to attend games this season because tix were limited to the families and seniors for even a game or 2 which provided the memories the senior class plus athletes band cheerleaders sincerely needed to experience ... Well hopefully the Spartan administration, school board and any of the other sneaky undermining behind the scene influences that exist along with some of the coaching staff place these young men/student athlete’s in a position to get better and win going into next year with the decisions they will be left to make as the make with band or the Arts program here at boardman .. Hopefully their is great due diligence in their decisions especially football this off-season. Historically when a Boardman team has a strong class returning as will be the case for next years team , and obviously if these boys remain together and the coaching staff doesn’t take this returning talent for granite by just assuming they’re going to win without accountability and properly preparing the young men to work offseason and assuming nothing ! Fundamentals fundamentals, fundamentals,. Good luck Spartans if this football season is in fact over bc it should be an interesting offseason ?!!.