Biggest Surprises/Biggest Disappointments through 5

Biggest surprises:
Marlington being 3-1 ahead of tonight's game against Warren JFK.
Poland and Niles McKinley being atop the NE8 Division at 5-0 and 4-1 respectively.
Shaker Heights being 5-0 for the first time since 2000. They have clinched their first non-losing regular season since 2018.

Biggest disappointments:
Holy Name being 0-4 heading into tonight's game against North Olmsted. They have time to right the ship though.
Jefferson being 0-5 coming off a regional championship last season, but that can be chalked up to having a young squad. They're in a rebuild year.
Saint Ignatius and Solon each being 1-4. Solon got their first win against Mayfield Thursday night, but it's gonna be a long season dealing with the GCC. Iggy is also in rebuilding mode due to the retirement of Chuck Kyle.

Biggest surprise- we are only 5 weeks into the season and Marion Local has given up an eye popping 47 points.

Not sure if all those were on defense? Certain at least some were on special teams point after attempts. But still 47 points?

Biggest surprise- we are only 5 weeks into the season and Marion Local has given up an eye popping 47 points.

Not sure if all those were on defense? Certain at least some were on special teams point after attempts. But still 47 points?
“There are three kinds of lies: Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics”

Big difference between giving up 47 points more or less evenly (which isn't that bad anyway), and giving up well over half of them in the opener to a pretty good team four divisions higher.

Over the past 30 years Solon has lost its foothold in D1 for sure. I think Kirtland handled them easily in the last couple years.

Last edited:
SINCE I'M NOT A FAN, IT ISN'T A DISAPPOINTMENT, BUT I AM
SURPRISED THAT RON JOHNSON'S SALEM QUAKERS ARE NOT
ONLY WINLESS, BUT THEY HAVEN'T BEEN COMPETITIVE IN ANY
OF THEIR FIRST FIVE GAMES. GRADUATIONS ARE A KILLER FOR
SOME SCHOOLS. SALEM MUST BE ONE OF THEM. STOW IS ANOTHER.

Biggest disappointment in the Northeast is Stow. 0-5 so far this year with presumably 5 more L’s coming their way, and 0-15 in the last 15 games.

Time to clean house, and make the right hire, not the good ole boy hire.

Hamilton has to be up there, got beat pretty good by Badin in WK 1 then won 3 in a row and took Princeton down to the wire this weekend.
Been a while since the Big Blue have been competitive, but very good to see. Hopefully they can keep it up!

White stopped playing. Not a lot of small schools can lose an athlete like that and not take a hit
Losing one kid doesn’t take you from being 14-1 State Semifinalist to all of the sudden being 2-13. Plus, I don’t remember a kid named White on that team. If he’s a senior this year, he would have only been a soph.

How about Bradford? 4-1 this year. They recently had to suspend the football program and had not won a game since 2016!

They won a game in 2020.

But still from 1 win in 6 seasons to this, and after once again basically having no team last year. The schedule is week, but it's a great sign for their program going forward!

Losing one kid doesn’t take you from being 14-1 State Semifinalist to all of the sudden being 2-13. Plus, I don’t remember a kid named White on that team. If he’s a senior this year, he would have only been a soph.
Then you didn’t pay attention very well

CENTRAL OHIO SURPRISES:
Olentangy
Grove City
Westerville North
Hilliard Bradley
Bishop Ready

CENTRAL OHIO DISAPPOINTMENT:
Dublin Jerome
Marysville
DeSales

Then you didn’t pay attention very well
Are we in a basketball forum here? A WR in an offense that is traditionally based on the power run schemes doesn't take you from being 2-13 all the way back to being a power house. After a quick look I found as a soph he accounted for something like 4-500 yards of offense in the 2021 regular season. He wasn't the reason they went to the state semi final and his absence isn't the reason they are 2-13 since.

Are we in a basketball forum here? A WR in an offense that is traditionally based on the power run schemes doesn't take you from being 2-13 all the way back to being a power house. After a quick look I found as a soph he accounted for something like 4-500 yards of offense in the 2021 regular season. He wasn't the reason they went to the state semi final and his absence isn't the reason they are 2-13 since.
Listen chief. You asked why things are struggling at OG. I gave you reason. And now you are arguing with me. I don’t know where you are from and really don’t care, but when you take a generalization athlete away from a small rural school team it doesn’t matter what sport it is. It is going to negatively affect it