Are you talking about the origanol combat speeds? I picked up two pairs in high school kind of randomly through people, but they are pretty rare. One pair I wore for all my matches and blew out the other still has some tread left on them, I think I still have both pairs around the house somewhere. I really did love those shoes they were so light, felt like you were wearing nothing.Asics have to be the goto! Used to go to the World Cup in Toledo and always wanted the baby blue/pink adidas the Europeans were wearing. Never found them in the US.
The adidas pink 88s are still one of the most saught after pairs of shoes there is, I saw a pair a few months ago go for 3 grand.Asics have to be the goto! Used to go to the World Cup in Toledo and always wanted the baby blue/pink adidas the Europeans were wearing. Never found them in the US.
I'm going to say Nike sponsored alot of the programs that was in the finalsOut of the 20 NCAA finalists in 2017, they wore:
Asic aggressor: 2
Nike Hypersweep: 3
Nike freeks: 10
Nike inflicts: 1
Asic gable classic: 1
Adidas combat speed: 2
Asic JB elite: 1
So, between brands worn among the elite college wrestlers, it looks like Nike dominated with 70%, then asics with 20%, and finally adidas with 10%.
Looks like Nike Freeks were popular this year.
No old kolatsAs someone still wrestling in college), I'd say if you're a shoe fan with a few hundred bucks to spare, Asic Rulons are the best bet, then followed by Nike OG's. Then Asic Aggressor 1's, Nike Hypersweeps, Nike Freeks, Nike inflicts. If I were to rank opponents based on their wrestling shoes, it would go:
1: asic rulons (Black/Gold and Blue are better than gray/orange)
2. Nike OG's (red, then black)
3. Asic aggressor 1's (black/red then gray/blue then blue/yellow then yellow/black)
4. Nike Hypersweeps (black better than neon)
5. Nike freeks (black equal white better than navy)
6. Other rare or retro shoes such as old CB speeds or tiger's, etc.
7. Nike inflicts (gray red and blue all equal)
8. Asic aggressor 2's (black/silver, then gray/red)
9. Adidas Varners
10. New custom Nike inflicts (black/black better than other colors)
11. Asic aggressor 3's (white/black)
12. JB elite 2 (red/red or black/red/yellow)
13. Adidas combat speeds
14. Nike speedsweep
15. Older asic cael's or split seconds
16. Nike takedown
17. Newer asic cael's or split seconds
18. Newer custom aggressors/ aggressor 3's
19. JB elite 1 (black gold and R/W/B all equal)
20. Anything with a Velcro strap or Air Jordan's