Best Wrestling Shoes

93 red ls

the best wrestling shoe is the ones who are on sale at PIAS or .

I think I have bought 100+ pairs of shoes for my kids the past 5+ years and not one guy bitches about color or what kinda shape they are in!

The Colerain ave PIAS has me on speed dial they know if they get 3-4 pairs in that are in good shape to call me!

NLynch

My original combat speeds have held up through at least 10 years of coaching and the soles of the shoes are like new!

Criteria for me:
Shoe grip that does not slide or grip the mat too hard that I can't move my feet easily.
As little padding and fabric on the ankle as possible for freedom of movement.
Durability over the long haul.
Wide enough for my foot.

said_aouita

Red freistils

Thank you. Can never remember the dang name of these.

*e- Comparing your white ones to the EU (red) version, believe the heel is slightly different?
A shout out to Salto who had a pair of the red ones he traded for in Hungary, as part of the jr world team.

98wrestler

Thank you. Can never remember the dang name of these.

*e- Comparing your white ones to the EU (red) version, believe the heel is slightly different?
A shout out to Salto who had a pair of the red ones he traded for in Hungary, as part of the jr world team.
Yep, slight difference, different model. The white ones are technically Ringer-Freistils.

My favorite shoes ever but took awhile to get used to was a pair of "high" top Adidas. I know most wrestling shoes are high top but these were a little higher and stiffer up around the ankle.

Suplexer130

So I found a box in my closet with some kind of cool old vintage shoes. In there I had Purple Nike Air Reversals, Black and Purple John Smith Brute Kudos, ASICS Purple Lytes, and two pairs of original teal combat speeds. I wore the Nike Air Reversals in college for a while before getting Gold Rulons. They were cool but they are almost like wrestling in basketball shoes.

I know it's a late bump to the thread but it was kind of cool finding all these last night and seemed like a good place to post it Ha.

Joe Daugherty

Check out these shoes. They look flexible and are almost all leather? The add says they are basically for street use but if they can hancle the wear and tear of walking on concrete for miles wouldn't they do ok on a mat? Just curious to see if anyone has tried them?