Beat St X!!!

X has a lot of Sophs playing Varsity

Elder has 1 too, plus Elder's starting JV QB was out(I know he is freshman). The point being the JV QB that started today didn't have the starting reps. He was in a tough spot, but I thought he played well and threw the ball well. Andriacco getting call up from frosh did a good job too for a frosh.

I don't care how many sophomores X has playing on Varsity. The JV team did a good job today against a tough opponent and showed a lot of promise for the future.

Elder has 1 too, plus Elder's starting JV QB was out(I know he is freshman). The point being the JV QB that started today didn't have the starting reps. He was in a tough spot, but I thought he played well and threw the ball well. Andriacco getting call up from frosh did a good job too for a frosh.

I don't care how many sophomores X has playing on Varsity. The JV team did a good job today against a tough opponent and showed a lot of promise for the future.
They did get a good win over Badin. This class might not be as bad as they looked last yr, but I don’t think they’re anything to be excited for. They have a handful of really good players, but the drop off after those players is huge.

Did Queen get in for JV?

Queen did not get in at all
Despite having a backup quarterback in Kenny Baker in the game today the Elder offense did not look that bad. They got a couple of good drives ,but could not get the ball in the end zone. The defense played very well and Lammers had an interception for a touchdown. Kremm played good at inside linebacker and led the team in tackles. Ruth and Dugan were the backbone for the offense today. Dugan played reciever and had some nice catches. Ruth played a mixture of running back and reciever.

Despite having a backup quarterback in Kenny Baker in the game today the Elder offense did not look that bad. They got a couple of good drives ,but could not get the ball in the end zone. The defense played very well and Lammers had an interception for a touchdown. Kremm played good at inside linebacker and led the team in tackles. Ruth and Dugan were the backbone for the offense today. Dugan played reciever and had some nice catches. Ruth played a mixture of running back and reciever.
Where is Re?

The ref on the X sideline did incorrectly wave his hands over his head to stop the clock, however, he then wound his right arm to signal for the clock to start running again. (Strange how St. X's clock operator only saw what benefitted the home team.) Honestly, not sure what the official was thinking in that situation since after Brass was tackled on second down every other official immediately signaled it was third down.
But the GCL Brotherhood…

Unfortunately missed the game, but great win! Did the big players like #97 for X stand out, or did E hold their own in that aspect?

Lammers has been a ball hawk for the that JV team. Sounds like every week I've heard he's got an INT.

I believe Willig is the Rb but I believe Ruth plays slot and gets some time in the backfield as well.
Elder needs a legit RB in the program. The Frosh Craig has the most potential, but still very raw. Thaman, Meyer and Ruth just don’t have the size. If Brass wasn’t a monster, they’d have zero run game.

Elder needs a legit RB in the program. The Frosh Craig has the most potential, but still very raw. Thaman, Meyer and Ruth just don’t have the size. If Brass wasn’t a monster, they’d have zero run game.
Ruth didn’t do a bad job today at RB. He had one fifteen yard run and a ten yard run ,but he is mostly used as a WR.

Elder is banged up on defense. If you read the Cincinnati.com article, Ramsey said that Elder had cornerbacks at LB due to injuries.

if Elder is to win on Friday it will have to be a shootout. They aren’t stopping anyone unless the LBs are able to play.

Elder is banged up on defense. If you read the Cincinnati.com article, Ramsey said that Elder had cornerbacks at LB due to injuries.

if Elder is to win on Friday it will have to be a shootout. They aren’t stopping anyone unless the LBs are able to play.
Uran isn’t a typical Corner. That said, Marshall is going to have 4-5 TDs and 300 yards if Elder doesn’t step up vs the run.

Last edited:

Moeller's defense seemed vulnerable in the early stages of the year, but they've come on the past few weeks including back-to-back weeks of defensive scores.

Any official on the field can stop the clock, only the referee in the offensive backfield can wind it to start again. Agree it was the wrong call, but was not the clock operators issue
This is from the "Ask The Ref" thread.
"Last night at the Elder-X game after an Elder play late in the fourth quarter the official at the play (not the referee) waved his arms to stop the clock. There seems to be some disagreement from the posters as to whether he then changed his mind and signaled to start the clock. In any case, the clock operator did not restart the clock until the next snap, which gave X an extra 15 or so seconds when they got the ball for the last time. They kicked the tying field goal with 0:06 left.
A friend who operated a clock on the high school and college level told me that before every game he would go to the officials' dressing room to introduce himself and ask them what they wanted him to do in case he saw them make an obvious error with the clock. Over 95% of the time they told him just to do what they told him to do or, if they didn't tell him to do anything, to do nothing.
He also said that there are some instances in which only the referee can restart the clock but in a case such as this, where the clock was stopped in error after the play, any official can restart the clock. He said that if an official mistakenly stopped the clock he would look at all the other officials to see if any of them caught the error and signaled to restart the clock. If none of them gave a signal he did nothing and started the clock on the next snap.
Clearly, last night if the official who stopped the clock initially then restarted it then it should have been restarted and the clock operator missed it and was at fault. If no official signaled to restart the clock then the clock operator probably did the correct thing.
What is your take on all this? Thanks."

"If an official mistakenly stops the clock, he can (and any of his crew manners) signal to restart the clock. If the clock does not start promptly the crew then should signal an official time out. If the crew knows (with 100% certainty) what the clock should read, the R then should either announce (if wired with a mic) or communicate to the timer to set the clock accordingly.
When the clock is set to start on the ready for play signal, the R has primary responsibility for winding the clock with the with the wing official on the press box sideline mirroring his signal."