Bearcats baskteball

Big 12 portion of the schedule should be released sometime next week. Cunningham let slip they are still in negotiations with an unnamed OOC school for a road game.

Howard is the home and home. Apparently it was an A10 team but negotiations fell apart. Big 12 schedule released on the 26th. Bout damn time.

Bearcats get 2 transfers’ eligibility denied this season. I’m sure they will appeal, but seems about right with Wes at the helm.

They were aware it would be initially denied, fwiw.
Yes, given the fact both had transferred twice already. Some of that can be put on the NCAA and their rules, but UC should have been wiser about their decisions.

Much like the football program, I have little faith the basketball program is going in a positive direction. It is disappointing as an alum.

Yes, given the fact both had transferred twice already. Some of that can be put on the NCAA and their rules, but UC should have been wiser about their decisions.

Much like the football program, I have little faith the basketball program is going in a positive direction. It is disappointing as an alum.
Wes has signed 4 of UC’s 10 highest rated recruits since 2003. That’s about as positive of a direction as one can be going forward.

I’ll reserve judgement on the two transfers until all things are said and done. I understand the pessimism though. Cincy sportsdom can do that to a fan.

Wes has signed 4 of UC’s 10 highest rated recruits since 2003. That’s about as positive of a direction as one can be going forward.

I’ll reserve judgement on the two transfers until all things are said and done. I understand the pessimism though. Cincy sportsdom can do that to a fan.
I went to UC when Huggins was there in his prime (insert joke here). I’m still waiting for someone to bring that kind of energy and excitement back; Wes is not it in my opinion. But maybe he shows something different this season.

I went to UC when Huggins was there in his prime (insert joke here). I’m still waiting for someone to bring that kind of energy and excitement back; Wes is not it in my opinion. But maybe he shows something different this season.

I'm not sure if we'll ever see another Huggins at UC. Cronin built some good teams with a similar attitude but they always ran out of gas come March.

I think Wes is doing a commendable job of accumulating talent but not at the expense of sacrificing culture.

If we don't get the two transfers eligible for the start of Big 12 play, we'll inevitably take a few steps back in the Wins & Losses column.

My goal for the program as we navigate the rigors of the best conference in college basketball is to remain a top 50-75/NIT team (at worst) this season and hopefully make the NCAA tournament next season.

Positives:
- I love Thomas’ energy on defense and running the offense, Jizzle looks like he’ll develop into a 2-3 year above average starter
- Simas can play some iso ball. Not a great shooting day but I didn’t hate a lot of his shot selections
- Newman looked EXPLOSIVE on his dunk in the first half
- CJ Fredrick did what he was supposed to do. Man his 3pt shot looks nice

Negatives:
- I saw no improvement for Lahkin from last year. I keep holding out hope he’ll put it together. His help defense is downright offensive
- overall team defense leaves a lot to be desired

Neither negative nor positive:
- Lots of good shots that they couldn’t just get to fall. It happens. Game could have easily been a 20+ point win

Bandaogo's appeal for immediate eligibility was denied. I expect the same for Reynolds. Looking like a similar result on the hardwood as the gridiron for the Cats, once we get into league play. 👎

Thomas is such an explosive athlete. He’s come close to dunking on 2 EWU players so far

It's refreshing to have two high-level athletes at PG in Thomas and James.

3 respectable performances through 3 games so far.

It's hard to envision this team having a very high ceiling without Aziz & Jamille eligible, but they still look like they'll be quite competitive on the whole.

Bandaogo's appeal for immediate eligibility was denied. I expect the same for Reynolds. Looking like a similar result on the hardwood as the gridiron for the Cats, once we get into league play. 👎
IMG_3463.jpeg

Big News! Huge News!!!! Bandaogo makes this bunch a legit top 20 team, even if Reynolds does not get cleared.
The Ohio AG or Reynolds still considering Legal action? Yost was pretty fired up about this decision week or so ago in a radio interview. I personally think they should Both be allowed to Play.

The Ohio AG or Reynolds still considering Legal action? Yost was pretty fired up about this decision week or so ago in a radio interview. I personally think they should Both be allowed to Play.
Yost is running for a Senate seat, you can bet he's gonna' go balls out on this legally. His position is that the NCAA essentially is in violation of antitrust law by restricting player movement. Even though member schools all agreed to the guidelines, the guidelines are in violation of the law which is illegal. What Curt Flood did to MLB, Aziz and Reynolds may very well do to the NCAA......

One game in and it's clear that Bandaogo is one of the most fascinating athletes UC has ever had step on the court.

That early 2nd half run was nothing short of magical.

Lots to look forward to with this team now.

I know the Big 12 is a challenging conference, but what is with UC’s non-conference schedule? They’ve got Xavier and Dayton in December and nothing else noteworthy. I wouldn’t mind hitting a game soon but not against a small-potatoes no-name school.

As of now, it looks like the only home games featuring a currently ranked opponent are Texas and Houston.

I know the Big 12 is a challenging conference, but what is with UC’s non-conference schedule? They’ve got Xavier and Dayton in December and nothing else noteworthy. I wouldn’t mind hitting a game soon but not against a small-potatoes no-name school.

As of now, it looks like the only home games featuring a currently ranked opponent are Texas and Houston.

UC lost 4 of their top 5 scorers from last season. There should be few qualms about using the non-conference schedule to help a largely new group of players gel together and build confidence. It's not like they've been playing SWAC schools every other game either.

I know UC had a road game with another high major opponent fall through late in the scheduling window, which is why they're traveling to Howard of all places next week for their first game away from Fifth Third this season.

Not sure who had a rougher game: the Bearcats or the broadcast production team. I’m sure a middle school morning announcement team could do better.