Africentric stays loaded

Comparing Africentric to the private schools isn't entirely transparent either, because the difference in private schools is if they are good at something and so students to whom that particular something (lets say basketball) is important want to go there, the school is going to accept a competitive balance multiplier for them with their enrollment. A school full of kids you're counting as more than 1 is what puts many privates up in D1 even though they are sometimes incredibly small in numbers (compare the size of say Cincinnati Mason to a Cincinnati MND). Africentric being part of Columbus City Schools essentially ensures they never get a multiplier added to their numbers, despite the fact that they don't accept everyone. As a public charter school they literally get the best of both worlds, nobody is paying to go there, but they are still selectively enrolling, and they get no competitive balance adjustment, so they will continue to dominate in DIII until OHSAA decides to address the schools that are falling through the cracks of their intentions with competitive balance, and of those I haven't found anyone who doesn't think Africentric would be #1. But its the OHSAA's job to get this right, not Africentric's.

That said, I consider myself far from "stupid" (just getting ahead of that sure to come insult) but the outcome of their "lottery system" enrollment definitely doesn't pass my eyebrow test. The school dominates in one sport only, girls basketball, and the pipeline consistently includes talent to replace graduating talent year after year after year. The laws of probability alone, even if I were stupid, would ensure a down year of talent every so often if the enrollment was truly based on the "luck" of a lottery. But on top of defying the laws of statistics, you want me to not raise an eyebrow at the "luck" that the daughter of a former NBA player wants to go to a school known for its basketball program and it just so happens that her lottery number gets drawn?

That said, I consider myself far from "stupid" (just getting ahead of that sure to come insult) but the outcome of their "lottery system" enrollment definitely doesn't pass my eyebrow test. The school dominates in one sport only, girls basketball, and the pipeline consistently includes talent to replace graduating talent year after year after year. The laws of probability alone, even if I were stupid, would ensure a down year of talent every so often if the enrollment was truly based on the "luck" of a lottery. But on top of defying the laws of statistics, you want me to not raise an eyebrow at the "luck" that the daughter of a former NBA player wants to go to a school known for its basketball program and it just so happens that her lottery number gets drawn?

Your stats would depend upon demand. If there's really not that many in the lottery, then those that put their names in, get in. So, not "stupid" but maybe haven't all the info you need to make the intelligent conclusion. At the worst, I'd doubt it more than a 50-50 chance. Other considerations, are Freshman only lotteried? Do upper classmen have a path?

If it's a transparent process, I wouldn't know who outside the school would have the details.

Comparing Africentric to the private schools isn't entirely transparent either, because the difference in private schools is if they are good at something and so students to whom that particular something (lets say basketball) is important want to go there, the school is going to accept a competitive balance multiplier for them with their enrollment. A school full of kids you're counting as more than 1 is what puts many privates up in D1 even though they are sometimes incredibly small in numbers (compare the size of say Cincinnati Mason to a Cincinnati MND). Africentric being part of Columbus City Schools essentially ensures they never get a multiplier added to their numbers, despite the fact that they don't accept everyone. As a public charter school they literally get the best of both worlds, nobody is paying to go there, but they are still selectively enrolling, and they get no competitive balance adjustment, so they will continue to dominate in DIII until OHSAA decides to address the schools that are falling through the cracks of their intentions with competitive balance, and of those I haven't found anyone who doesn't think Africentric would be #1. But its the OHSAA's job to get this right, not Africentric's.

A public charter school we are not. And everyone of are girls we want to be max multiplier we want d1 we would love d1

Who the hell is sélective on who gets in were are you getting this false information from ? The school is straight lottery school

One she did not get in till 10 grade year. Walker girl could not chew bubble gum before she got here . There are plenty 6'2 girls or plus that dont make it if they went to afro they would . we work

Who the hell is sélective on who gets in were are you getting this false information from ? The school is straight lottery school

Not exactly.

Best I was able to find, it's a two tier entrance. Lottery and Selective. Not unique to Africentric, schools do not want pure lottery as that puts entrance of higher performing ACADEMIC students at risk. The state does not permit public enrollment to be based upon academics so compromise, about 20% with magnet schools politicing for more. Also apparently the application process can be a bit daunting so that leaves out those with less guidance.

about 25% of those applying through lottery were admitted and 60% of those applying through selective admission were admitted. So yes, it is possible to skew the entrance towards those you would want to enroll by providing academic and application assistance. Again, Africentric would not be unique in this ability.

See the problem is when someone calls you out for your racist takes or posts you get upset just because you think it is not and i think it is does not mean your not you just dont get it . and that is the issue with alot of people who think they say something and think its ok but for a person of color and who kids went to columbus city schools or better yet for the rest of the students minus the 14 girls on team that decided to go to afro what does that make them in your mind ? You ever think of that have you dam it you stupid person . Tell the parents of students who go there ask them why they choice the school
You’re a complete joke. Again, no logical response so you claim racism. I asked the question who would want to go there other than to play basketball?! Because of the completely awful academic ratings! So according to you, that statement is racist huh?! Lol ok. Again, you are the only racist person on this entire forum. Please, anyone, not just Spring, enlighten me on what part of ANY of my posts were racist! I guess usnews.com is racist folks - because they provide statistics and academic ratings on schools that show things that Spring doesn’t like to see. I mean geesh Spring, you should hire an attorney and sue usnews.com for such racist reporting!
You took offense because of your affiliation with the school on my providing of statistics that show that the academic rating for the school is poor. So you’re good parading how grade the basketball is...but someone questions or shows that the academics are awful and it’s racist...got it! ?

Your stats would depend upon demand. If there's really not that many in the lottery, then those that put their names in, get in. So, not "stupid" but maybe haven't all the info you need to make the intelligent conclusion. At the worst, I'd doubt it more than a 50-50 chance. Other considerations, are Freshman only lotteried? Do upper classmen have a path?

If it's a transparent process, I wouldn't know who outside the school would have the details.
Everybody gets
Not exactly.

Best I was able to find, it's a two tier entrance. Lottery and Selective. Not unique to Africentric, schools do not want pure lottery as that puts entrance of higher performing ACADEMIC students at risk. The state does not permit public enrollment to be based upon academics so compromise, about 20% with magnet schools politicing for more. Also apparently the application process can be a bit daunting so that leaves out those with less guidance.

about 25% of those applying through lottery were admitted and 60% of those applying through selective admission were admitted. So yes, it is possible to skew the entrance towards those you would want to enroll by providing academic and application assistance. Again, Africentric would not be unique in this ability.
Man the selective part of getting into afro is 20 percent you are correct but 20 percent is never reached because those students who could get in under that apply to coz- Eastmoor - centennial- or ft. Hayes, because they feel they get better education at those schools. We have not yet have a girl to meet the selective guidelines that plays basketball and as a school only use 10 or under each year. So the rest is straight lottery straight lottery.

Show were you are getting your information. Let me ask you question if 60% are se lective based on certain guidelines 3.5 gp through middle school. Must score a certain score on map which is math and reading would you think are test scores would be higher like those other schools

When i brought up the social part its strictly about fan support . someone said we wont have many , ottawa will have more and i gave reasons why we dont get fan support
Seems so long ago, back when entire communities were allowed to show up and watch these games. Now, we are not permitted to enter and watch. Government has brought in competitive fan balance.

Show were you are getting your information. Let me ask you question if 60% are se lective based on certain guidelines 3.5 gp through middle school. Must score a certain score on map which is math and reading would you think are test scores would be higher like those other schools

From the Ohio Board of Education. From an article in the Columbus Dispatch who was quoting the Columbus Board of Education. No big controversy here. No one is accusing anyone of anything. I'm saying Africentric is an academic institutioin interested in being able to maintain a higher standard and you're looking for a reason to call every one not you, a "racist."

NO ONE representing Africentric would act like you or wish to be represented by you. I think you are only a troll pretending to be from Africentric, purposely being a racist, acting stupid in order to bring a negative stereotype to the school. They should be alerted and you removed from this site.

You're a very poor excuse of a human.

From the Ohio Board of Education. From an article in the Columbus Dispatch who was quoting the Columbus Board of Education. No big controversy here. No one is accusing anyone of anything. I'm saying Africentric is an academic institutioin interested in being able to maintain a higher standard and you're looking for a reason to call every one not you, a "racist."

NO ONE representing Africentric would act like you or wish to be represented by you. I think you are only a troll pretending to be from Africentric, purposely being a racist, acting stupid in order to bring a negative stereotype to the school. They should be alerted and you removed from this site.

You're a very poor excuse of a human.
Ive showed the coaches and players and they take took it as a direct shot at there school . And showed to 3 parents of players on team and they were offended that they are not concerned about academics and only worried about basketball. But you being who you are will never get it. But it gives us extra motivation the next 2 days. So we will take are cheating girls basketball team that only cares about bball and do are best to win are record setting 8th state title. And then the district will cheat on the lottery and let us get in who we tell them to let in . lol

Ive showed the coaches and players and they take took it as a direct shot at there school . And showed to 3 parents of players on team and they were offended that they are not concerned about academics and only worried about basketball. But you being who you are will never get it. But it gives us extra motivation the next 2 days. So we will take are cheating girls basketball team that only cares about bball and do are best to win are record setting 8th state title. And then the district will cheat on the lottery and let us get in who we tell them to let in . lol

What are you refering to by "it?" Me being who I am? Who is that? I specifically stated in legible English that Africentric's enrollment policies were to support Academics. I made no mention of sports.

You act as if these students are so poor of incentive that they must find hate in someone in order to excell. You have a very low opinion of Africentric students, their academic accomplishments or their potentials. It shows in every syllable you post.

I do appreciate that you were willing to back off your claim that enrollment is purely "open lottery" but you could have doubled up by apologizing and appreciated that I brought the correction in a respectable manner.

What are you refering to by "it?" Me being who I am? Who is that? I specifically stated in legible English that Africentric's enrollment policies were to support Academics. I made no mention of sports.

You act as if these students are so poor of incentive that they must find hate in someone in order to excell. You have a very low opinion of Africentric students, their academic accomplishments or their potentials. It shows in every syllable you post.

I do appreciate that you were willing to back off your claim that enrollment is purely "open lottery" but you could have doubled up by apologizing and appreciated that I brought the correction in a respectable manner.

That you brought up basketball must be the reason they go there , they are girls that no a person heart

[/QUOTE

Wow now you cant remember

One of the only good things to come from the girls state tournament getting cancelled this weekend is the fact that Africentric won't win a state title.

One she did not get in till 10 grade year. Walker girl could not chew bubble gum before she got here . There are plenty 6'2 girls or plus that dont make it if they went to afro they would . we work
You make yourself look even more ignorant with every post. Very few very tall pre-teens can walk and chew gum. She obviously has great athletic ability and great genetics. Not saying she didn't work to get there, obviously she did.
Africentric is nothing but a prep school hiding as a lottery school. They are the same as Spire Academy and Oak Hill. That is what people have a problem with. Amazing that every good player just happens to get their number pulled. Akron Stv-Stm is very similar, just they don't hide behind a fake lottery. Look up Marion Local schools success in football, now that is something to brag about. All those titles and every player is home grown. I'm from a school in their league and respect them for that. Schools like Africentric and Akron Stv-Stm get no respect.

You make yourself look even more ignorant with every post. Very few very tall pre-teens can walk and chew gum. She obviously has great athletic ability and great genetics. Not saying she didn't work to get there, obviously she did.
Africentric is nothing but a prep school hiding as a lottery school. They are the same as Spire Academy and Oak Hill. That is what people have a problem with. Amazing that every good player just happens to get their number pulled. Akron Stv-Stm is very similar, just they don't hide behind a fake lottery. Look up Marion Local schools success in football, now that is something to brag about. All those titles and every player is home grown. I'm from a school in their league and respect them for that. Schools like Africentric and Akron Stv-Stm get no respect.
Wow now we a prep school

Wow now we a prep school

Hiding as a “Lottery School“. Everything you said is a Prep school. Only good in one sport and limited number of kids getting them ready for college. That is the definition of a “Prep School”.