A feel good story out of Cleveland

soccerdad72

I showed this to my son for a little perspective on things. He's been whining a lot the last few weeks about little annoyances with his team (coaching, teammates, etc.) and it gave him a little reality check that his minor stuff really isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.

John Marshall HS Soccer, in preparation for the playoffs starting tomorrow (they're a #28 seed), posted concerns about their kids not having any real cold weather gear for their game:

The soccer community stepped up, big time. (y)

I remember going to an early round game years ago against another Cleveland public school - the kids were having to hand each other their shin guards as they substituted in and out because they only had enough for 11 guys. After the game, the team they were playing went to their bags and grabbed any extra pairs they had and handed them to the other team's players. :)

It's amazing how folks step up.

A few years ago when my kids were at Campbell we had a similar situation with a lot of kids and the Austintown Fitch coach at the time gave us a very kind donation of equipment.

You never forget those thins.

I showed this to my son for a little perspective on things. He's been whining a lot the last few weeks about little annoyances with his team (coaching, teammates, etc.) and it gave him a little reality check that his minor stuff really isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.

John Marshall HS Soccer, in preparation for the playoffs starting tomorrow (they're a #28 seed), posted concerns about their kids not having any real cold weather gear for their game:

The soccer community stepped up, big time. (y)

I remember going to an early round game years ago against another Cleveland public school - the kids were having to hand each other their shin guards as they substituted in and out because they only had enough for 11 guys. After the game, the team they were playing went to their bags and grabbed any extra pairs they had and handed them to the other team's players. :)
I saw on NFHS Network that John Marshall was playing tonight. They were the away team at Elyria...so presumably worse seeded. I don't know the score of the game, but based on the end, JM appears to have advanced in the tournament with a 1-goal victory. Congrats to the boys! (They were understandably very excited.)