700 WLW

Glen was 54 or 55. He once gave his graduation date from high school as 1986. ProV1 on here also gave his age as the same. Neither has been heard from since April, coincidence?
Interesting coincidence. Weren’t they both from Mason as well? I think Glen said he was ,not sure about Prov. Prov said he played Football at Kent (I believe), I do not listen to talk on WLW that often anymore but can’t recall any mention of playing college sports from Glen.

Last edited:
One of the best bits on WLW is the Brennaman and Jones on baseball show that's on daily before 8AM and before 6PM. I'd really like to see that expanded to a weekly hour or two hour show. It is completely done in schist, and those two have a magic repour.

Are there any other bits on WLW that anyone likes?

Tracy Jones was taken off the air because listeners grew tired of hearing the same thing over and over again. It’s a 4 minute filler spot wit a commercial break in the middle.

Tracy Jones was taken off the air because listeners grew tired of hearing the same thing over and over again. It’s a 4 minute filler spot wit a commercial break in the middle.
i heard he took himself off the radio.... for business reasons.... WLW would have never taken one of the REDS 5 jewels off the air..

One of the best bits on WLW is the Brennaman and Jones on baseball show that's on daily before 8AM and before 6PM. I'd really like to see that expanded to a weekly hour or two hour show. It is completely done in schist, and those two have a magic repour.

wonder if they would do the old Trucking Bozo spot?

Quite a few on the old Burbank show .
All. My. Bengals.

Hidden microphone.
Sports or consequences.

To name a few

Tracy Jones is and always has been about himself!
well he was one of the CROWN jewels of the Reds..... and Pete said he was the fastest white guy he had ever seen..... and also I did listen and enjoy him on the radio from after Reds games( which was classic radio) to his afternoon gig...

one thing i have notice is the news reports on weekends with Sandy Collins, just a feeling that she is or the people that decide what goes on that report are flaming liberals..

And that's his schist. I'm guessing the station got some calls about Jones and some of his sexist comments, and of course in today's world everyone takes themselves too seriously. Does anyone think WLW will ever have a female show host? They tried the female attorney a few years back on the weekends but I just think talk radio is a male dominated industry.

one thing i have notice is the news reports on weekends with Sandy Collins, just a feeling that she is or the people that decide what goes on that report are flaming liberals..
Everything they report Monday-Friday is liberal too! Who is it, Matt Reece the news director, I bet McConnell winces at alot of the things he says on a daily basis. It's like you HAVE to report the world is ending daily to get people to listen.

Love the tracer!
And that's his schist. I'm guessing the station got some calls about Jones and some of his sexist comments, and of course in today's world everyone takes themselves too seriously. Does anyone think WLW will ever have a female show host? They tried the female attorney a few years back on the weekends but I just think talk radio is a male dominated industry.
That Wells lady was doing well but got popped for having illegal prescrity drugs.

Everything they report Monday-Friday is liberal too! Who is it, Matt Reece the news director, I bet McConnell winces at alot of the things he says on a daily basis. It's like you HAVE to report the world is ending daily to get people to listen.
years ago Matt Reece did some talk show shifts, and I don't remember him being liberal.... he went down south for a couple years and is now back in Cincy

years ago Matt Reece did some talk show shifts, and I don't remember him being liberal.... he went down south for a couple years and is now back in Cincy
I think you misremembered because he was a flaming liberal. The only time he was bearable to listen to was when he was paired up with another host on the weekend and would do tr backyard barbecue show of which they didn't get political at all.

I think you misremembered because he was a flaming liberal. The only time he was bearable to listen to was when he was paired up with another host on the weekend and would do tr backyard barbecue show of which they didn't get political at all.
the backyard BBQ.... :)

Pick your poison this week...
1. heat
2. covid
3. gas prices

One of these 3 will lead off every newscast.

you are crazy, they lead off with the Jan 6th crap almost every newscast
Oh my goodness you are right... my revised news blurb...

1. Jan 6
2. heat
3. covid
4. gas prices
5. anything negative about Trump

Do they still have that extra innings show? I always loved that for decades.. especially the weekend with Tracy Jones
Pretty sure they do, Lance McCalister or Austin Elmore seem to do many of them. They are not what they were back when Tracy did them.

Pretty sure they do, Lance McCalister or Austin Elmore seem to do many of them. They are not what they were back when Tracy did them.
Remember when Jones wanted fans to be released after the game in sections. Expensive seats first ..then the poor drunks in the OF to be last and sponsored by Rumpke!

Remember when Jones wanted fans to be released after the game in sections. Expensive seats first ..then the poor drunks in the OF to be last and sponsored by Rumpke!
The best! What I always have liked the most about Tracy is he did not take himself very serious. He also had the fan ratings where he determined how classy the fans were in a specific game. I always enjoyed when he would throw a weight out for a female caller by just interrupting the conversation of a female he disagreed with a "247". If it was a female he enjoyed talking with he would throw out a "108". So many females had no idea what he was doing.