700 WLW

In my opinion, a bigger reason why theft is so high in some areas is because there's no repercussions even when the police are called and press charges. Unless it's a felony amount you aren't even getting arrested because jails don't have room for lower level crimes. You can go plead guilty and you'll get probation and told not to do it again. Same punishment over and over. If you see there's no punishment then why not?
Absolutely. The stores are scared to get sued if they try to stop someone, and you're right, the jails are overcrowded with violent offenders and other bigger crimes.
But here the thing, you HAVE to get people in these communities to see what they are doing to themselves. There's always been this thought int he poorer communities to "do what you have to, to survive". Almost making it ok? Why is this belief espoused? I mean the excuse that there are not jobs is gone. There are jobs jobs jobs everywhere. If you don't have money, you have a spending problem, not an earning problem. We have way too many people today who wake up with nothing to do that day. They are on some kind of assistance where they don't feel the need to work. That needs to end.

Its getting obvious Willy is just about finished as a full timer. Will Mike move to the 12:00-3:00 slot? I would like to see that happen, as many people can do the early hours, but filling that midday slot takes more talent, Mike would be a great replacement for Willy's audience IMO.
That day can't come soon enough. I'd had moved Mike into the 9-12 slot but he didn't want to come back and take Sloanie's spot. I'm not sure Mike wants 12-3 because I think he enjoys his afternoons for golf and other things. I'd move Sloan to the afternoons. Mike is too good to be wasting away in that morning show.

That day can't come soon enough. I'd had moved Mike into the 9-12 slot but he didn't want to come back and take Sloanie's spot. I'm not sure Mike wants 12-3 because I think he enjoys his afternoons for golf and other things. I'd move Sloan to the afternoons. Mike is too good to be wasting away in that morning show.
Would love Mike from noon - 3:00 but I agree about him enjoying the afternoons off. I dis-like Sloans show though, he doesn't take calls, and I think a lot of those bits are pre-recorded. there's no caller interaction to get people involved.
that's also 1 of the things I dislike about Broo on Sunday morning sports talk. 3 hours of guests, with no callers. not that the Sunday morning callers are great, but there used to be some good ones

Would love Mike from noon - 3:00 but I agree about him enjoying the afternoons off. I dis-like Sloans show though, he doesn't take calls, and I think a lot of those bits are pre-recorded. there's no caller interaction to get people involved.
that's also 1 of the things I dislike about Broo on Sunday morning sports talk. 3 hours of guests, with no callers. not that the Sunday morning callers are great, but there used to be some good ones
I don't listen to Sloanie, he's a little too left of center for me. No one wants to do Sunday mornings so Broo has full control, he has his cronies call in as guests and does his own thing. Broo is so smug.

Lance is fantastic and Cincinnati is so fortunate to have a local sports guy with the passion and work ethic Lance has. No one is more prepared and covers local sports like Lance does.

Absolutely. The stores are scared to get sued if they try to stop someone, and you're right, the jails are overcrowded with violent offenders and other bigger crimes.
But here the thing, you HAVE to get people in these communities to see what they are doing to themselves. There's always been this thought int he poorer communities to "do what you have to, to survive". Almost making it ok? Why is this belief espoused? I mean the excuse that there are not jobs is gone. There are jobs jobs jobs everywhere. If you don't have money, you have a spending problem, not an earning problem. We have way too many people today who wake up with nothing to do that day. They are on some kind of assistance where they don't feel the need to work. That needs to end.
I don't blame stores for not allowing their employees to physically stop people. Too many things can go wrong. Even those that have private armed security are basically only there in case there's an armed robbery. Again, this comes back to these being misdemeanor charges for the most part. People start getting hurt over misdemeanors and that's when companies start paying out in lawsuits. It's cheaper to just let people run off with the goods then deal with everything else.

They're paying some employee $17 an hour to stand there with security on their shirt in hopes that keeps some theft down.

Ok, you're completely missing the point. The point is those people in poorer communities still need to get groceries and other items, AND they need jobs in those areas for people who don't have transportation.
Regardless of your personal opinion on Wal Mart's, they employ people, my guess is one store probably employs 60-70 people minimum. Those jobs just POOF - go away.
Like McDonald's, many jobs at WalMart are not expected to support a family of 4 or 5 and definitely not ENTRY level. That's why they are called ENTRY level.
No, entry level jobs are not just for single you people. Entry level means unskilled which many people unable to afford higher education have very little choice. My dad had an entry level factory job and supported a family with five kids. My mom did not work. Four of us were able to go to college and have much higher standard of living. That’s not possible now and that’s why people are mad. The middle class got killed since the 80s.

I don't blame stores for not allowing their employees to physically stop people. Too many things can go wrong. Even those that have private armed security are basically only there in case there's an armed robbery. Again, this comes back to these being misdemeanor charges for the most part. People start getting hurt over misdemeanors and that's when companies start paying out in lawsuits. It's cheaper to just let people run off with the goods then deal with everything else.

They're paying some employee $17 an hour to stand there with security on their shirt in hopes that keeps some theft down.
Stores allot for a certain percentage of shrinkage. My guess is these stores percentages are much higher and if it's unsafe to go into that store, then even paying customers stay away. Recipe for disaster.

No, entry level jobs are not just for single you people. Entry level means unskilled which many people unable to afford higher education have very little choice. My dad had an entry level factory job and supported a family with five kids. My mom did not work. Four of us were able to go to college and have much higher standard of living. That’s not possible now and that’s why people are mad. The middle class got killed since the 80s.
But is it Wal Marts fault their jobs don't pay at a rate high enough to cover a family of 6 without government assistance? The gap between wages for the skilled vs unskilled is what has changed so much in 30 years. Not the fault of wal mart or McDonalds.

But is it Wal Marts fault their jobs don't pay at a rate high enough to cover a family of 6 without government assistance? The gap between wages for the skilled vs unskilled is what has changed so much in 30 years. Not the fault of wal mart or McDonalds.
Ok, let's dissect this thought. ALL jobs are at-will. The premise is that employer A has a job, offers pay based on what they can do to stay in business and make a profit. It is not, and never has been the responsibility of the company to pay a wage for someone to raise a family on. Let's keep this very simple. Therefore, if YOU don't agree with the wage Wal-Mart is offering, then YOU go get another job. There are 1,000's of unfilled jobs that offer all kinds of pay ranges. Go find what works for you.
Skilled or unskilled, the wage is the wage offered by the company. No one is sentenced to working at a certain employer. Now, if Wal-Mart decides then can't get enough people to work at the wage they offer, THEN they adjust the wage. McDonald's is starting at $19 an hour in my area.

So re-reading your post, is it bad the wage gap has closed? I think when you say skilled and unskilled, I think the better term is employable and non-employable. There are jobs that are very skilled and take really good/ intelligent people to do, but they don't make much money because of the industry. A simple one comes to mind is a nursing home aide or nurse. Very necessary, much training needed, very important. But that industry really struggles to survive because we complain about how expensive nursing homes are but we don't understand what all the expenses are.
Meanwhile a factory that produces...whatever. Many factory workers make $25-$35-$40 an hour. The business model is different. If they are producing something that people want, the sky is the limit on how successful that company can be and what they can pay.

Ok, so we have some real meat and potatoes to deal with now. For those of you who may not know. Former UC basketball coach Bob Huggins was on Bill Cunningham's show yesterday and said some derrogatory things during an interview about Xavier, calling them Catholic f#%@s (queers). So obviously everyone is going bananas today, WVU has issued an apology and supposedly Hugs has too. I think we all know this didn't happen.

So let's pull back the curtin here. This is Bill Cunningham's show, which we know very little is taken seriously. Cunningham and the other person on the interview is prodding Hugs to talk about getting some Xavier recuits to go to WVU. Everyone is laughing. I feel this is important in this instance.

So is this REALLY that offensive to people? Or is this just the times we live in?

In the song Money for Nothing, Dire Straits uses this word in their song multiple times.

I just feel we can let the air out of the balloon on alot of this if we just laugh at it and move on? Huggins isn't changing. Heck with did this with Thom Brennaman and he said it under the thought he was off mic and few heard it.

Remember the day when people could laugh at ourselves?

Let's put it this way...you go out in public representing your company...then say the exact thing....what's your job status?

That's why Thom was fired and mostly likely why Huggy will end up fired. I know you have trouble realizing times have changed. If you haven't gotten the point...you can't say and do things you once may've gotten away with. There is no excuse not to know the ramifications as people are fired all the time for saying/doing much less.

This didn't happen in some bar at closing time. He did it on one of the largest coverage areas in the country. Which has lead to it now being heard and read by millions. This is a government employee and the highest paid one in the state at that. No excuses

Let's put it this way...you go out in public representing your company...then say the exact thing....what's your job status?

That's why Thom was fired and mostly likely why Huggy will end up fired. I know you have trouble realizing times have changed. If you haven't gotten the point...you can't say and do things you once may've gotten away with. There is no excuse not to know the ramifications as people are fired all the time for saying/doing much less.

This didn't happen in some bar at closing time. He did it on one of the largest coverage areas in the country. Which has lead to it now being heard and read by millions. This is a government employee and the highest paid one in the state at that. No excuses
so when a group of ladies on THE VIEW says some rather nasty things about Republicans... should they also be fired?

Ok, so we have some real meat and potatoes to deal with now. For those of you who may not know. Former UC basketball coach Bob Huggins was on Bill Cunningham's show yesterday and said some derrogatory things during an interview about Xavier, calling them Catholic f#%@s (queers). So obviously everyone is going bananas today, WVU has issued an apology and supposedly Hugs has too. I think we all know this didn't happen.

So let's pull back the curtin here. This is Bill Cunningham's show, which we know very little is taken seriously. Cunningham and the other person on the interview is prodding Hugs to talk about getting some Xavier recuits to go to WVU. Everyone is laughing. I feel this is important in this instance.

So is this REALLY that offensive to people? Or is this just the times we live in?

In the song Money for Nothing, Dire Straits uses this word in their song multiple times.

I just feel we can let the air out of the balloon on alot of this if we just laugh at it and move on? Huggins isn't changing. Heck with did this with Thom Brennaman and he said it under the thought he was off mic and few heard it.

Remember the day when people could laugh at ourselves?
Dont know if you remember the old Riley Girt interviews done by Doc Wolf on the Gary Burbank show?

On that show Doc would call someone up and say very quickly "your on the air with Riley Girtand the US senseless survey, mind if we ask you a few questions?

I heard the entire thing go down yesterday, and I thought right away Bob did not hear Cunningham say "your on the air". His responses were very unmeasured and rather jocular in response. I really liked the one when talking about Lubbock Texas he said "it's not the end of the world, but you can see it from there" . Essentially declaring Lubbock a crap hole.

But then came the penis comment and I wondered why they were not bleeping him off the air. Bob said those things, but since they would bleep any general caller for saying the same things why did they not bleep Bob?

Anyway, hopefully Bob gets a big raise for stepping up and saying "I said it, I apologize and accept any punishment. I would punish him with a couple hundred thousand extra dollars.

Mark Knopfler wrote the lyric into the song because it was intended to satirize the common man’s view toward the entertainment industry. It was used to portray how people can simultaneously hold resentment toward entertainer’s material wealth yet fascination that they made money for being entertainers, yet how those same people are blinded in ignorance by not recognizing it takes supreme talent and hard work to be good enough to be rich through doing shows & touring. The lyric’s plugged in to drive this point home because, after all, it’s the common man narrating the song.

That’s far different from what Huggy was saying, and the other thing with that soundbite making the situation worse is he led off by speaking in generally disparaging terms about the in-city rival of the school he got shown the door from.

UPDATE - You're wrong.
Huggins will receive a 3 game suspension. This likely 3 cupcake pre season type games. And his salary will be adjusted by $1 million. Huggins is one of the highest paid basketball coaches and his net worth is reportedly around $15 mill in 2020.

He wins basketball games. Now Thom's situation is different in that he does not generate the type of revenue that Huggins does for the university. Doesn't seem fair but it's the truth. Guys who can do play by play at sporting events are a dime a dozen. And for me personally, same thing. I can be replaced easily. Huggins cannot.

so when a group of ladies on THE VIEW says some rather nasty things about Republicans... should they also be fired?
C'mon bigkat, you know this only works one way. And here's the biggest rub about people on the View and the liberals who think like them. They are allowed to think a certain way, act a certain way, talk a certain way and we can't have an opinion on it. But if we have an opinion on something they don't like, then it's fair game for them to shout us down.

Let's use this Hugs situation as an example. Let's replace f#$&'s with bozos. Hugs said those Xavier "bozos" would never transfer to WVU. It's just a name, and it has nothing do with what he was saying. Now if ALL students and anyone affiliated with Xavier was homosexual, then that term would mean something.
You know what they should do is put the sessions of sensitivity training on TV. Now THAT would get some ratings.

Dont know if you remember the old Riley Girt interviews done by Doc Wolf on the Gary Burbank show?

On that show Doc would call someone up and say very quickly "your on the air with Riley Girtand the US senseless survey, mind if we ask you a few questions?

I heard the entire thing go down yesterday, and I thought right away Bob did not hear Cunningham say "your on the air". His responses were very unmeasured and rather jocular in response. I really liked the one when talking about Lubbock Texas he said "it's not the end of the world, but you can see it from there" . Essentially declaring Lubbock a crap hole.

But then came the penis comment and I wondered why they were not bleeping him off the air. Bob said those things, but since they would bleep any general caller for saying the same things why did they not bleep Bob?

Anyway, hopefully Bob gets a big raise for stepping up and saying "I said it, I apologize and accept any punishment. I would punish him with a couple hundred thousand extra dollars.
Heard a talk show yesterday and the first thing they said was why didn't the producer dump the comments? This is a long time typical practice in radio because there is a delay - just for that reason. You could have anyone get on the radio and just let 'er rip. I'd think behind the scenes WLW will be talked about with this.
And as we know with Thom, it does not matter if you think you're on a private call or your accidently on a hot mic. No one is allowed to talk that way, but of course we know they do.

Mark Knopfler wrote the lyric into the song because it was intended to satirize the common man’s view toward the entertainment industry. It was used to portray how people can simultaneously hold resentment toward entertainer’s material wealth yet fascination that they made money for being entertainers, yet how those same people are blinded in ignorance by not recognizing it takes supreme talent and hard work to be good enough to be rich through doing shows & touring. The lyric’s plugged in to drive this point home because, after all, it’s the common man narrating the song.

That’s far different from what Huggy was saying, and the other thing with that soundbite making the situation worse is he led off by speaking in generally disparaging terms about the in-city rival of the school he got shown the door from.
Um, yes, I understood the lyric in the song. Most adults can see that. Most adults can just look past an older person's usage of words that were perfectly fine when and used when they were growing up. We have many who simply can't survive unless they think they are in charge of the world.

C'mon bigkat, you know this only works one way. And here's the biggest rub about people on the View and the liberals who think like them. They are allowed to think a certain way, act a certain way, talk a certain way and we can't have an opinion on it. But if we have an opinion on something they don't like, then it's fair game for them to shout us down.

Let's use this Hugs situation as an example. Let's replace f#$&'s with bozos. Hugs said those Xavier "bozos" would never transfer to WVU. It's just a name, and it has nothing do with what he was saying. Now if ALL students and anyone affiliated with Xavier was homosexual, then that term would mean something.
You know what they should do is put the sessions of sensitivity training on TV. Now THAT would get some ratings.

Say you & Huggins were in elementary school together and Huggy was picking teams. If Huggy pointed to you and told the other team to ‘take that bozo’ - I’m guessing there would be a few laughs and maybe your feelings a bit hurt but the game would start & life goes on. However, if Huggins told the other team to ‘take that fxxx’ - how would you have addressed that with Huggy Bear? Probably would have been a fight on most playgrounds.

I believe Huggy received a reasonable and very justified penalty. I think most will be ok with this outcome. As you 100% correctly stated, Huggy was able to keep his job because he wins games - he has value that is difficult to replace. If he was a no name assistant, he would have been fired and I think most would have been ok with that outcome as well.

Say you & Huggins were in elementary school together and Huggy was picking teams. If Huggy pointed to you and told the other team to ‘take that bozo’ - I’m guessing there would be a few laughs and maybe your feelings a bit hurt but the game would start & life goes on. However, if Huggins told the other team to ‘take that fxxx’ - how would you have addressed that with Huggy Bear? Probably would have been a fight on most playgrounds.

I believe Huggy received a reasonable and very justified penalty. I think most will be ok with this outcome. As you 100% correctly stated, Huggy was able to keep his job because he wins games - he has value that is difficult to replace. If he was a no name assistant, he would have been fired and I think most would have been ok with that outcome as well.
If he was in nearly about any other line of work, he's be fired for cause. And sadly this falls back again on the spineless leaders at these colleges who only look for the $$'s.
Back to your examples, there was a time when many guys addressed other guys as "f#$'s" in a joking manner. No harm, no foul.

People call each other SOB all the time. Do we all know what SOB stands for? It's very derogatory. But you know what, in many cases it's just part of our lingo.

Hugs was on a show where nothing is taken seriously, he's being pimped by the host and there's good natured back and forth with UC and X, always has been.

I disagree. I think you will see alot of people very upset with the outcome - Brianwr112 specifically on this thread.

If he was in nearly about any other line of work, he's be fired for cause. And sadly this falls back again on the spineless leaders at these colleges who only look for the $$'s.
Back to your examples, there was a time when many guys addressed other guys as "f#$'s" in a joking manner. No harm, no foul.

People call each other SOB all the time. Do we all know what SOB stands for? It's very derogatory. But you know what, in many cases it's just part of our lingo.

Hugs was on a show where nothing is taken seriously, he's being pimped by the host and there's good natured back and forth with UC and X, always has been.

I disagree. I think you will see alot of people very upset with the outcome - Brianwr112 specifically on this thread.

You will have the Left appalled that Huggy wasn’t fired and blame the Right

You will have the Right appalled that their free speech is being taken away and blame the Left

Both despise one another and neither can think clearly. Both are complete nut jobs.

UPDATE - You're wrong.
Huggins will receive a 3 game suspension. This likely 3 cupcake pre season type games. And his salary will be adjusted by $1 million. Huggins is one of the highest paid basketball coaches and his net worth is reportedly around $15 mill in 2020.

He wins basketball games. Now Thom's situation is different in that he does not generate the type of revenue that Huggins does for the university. Doesn't seem fair but it's the truth. Guys who can do play by play at sporting events are a dime a dozen. And for me personally, same thing. I can be replaced easily. Huggins cannot.
I'm actually happy he wasn't fired because he's done a ton of positive off the court throughout his career. I was shocked he was dumb enough to say that on a radio show and I'm also surprised he wasn't fired.

I know how much he means to the college and one can argue he's even the face of the state. I'm not reading every opinion article about the incident but I'm sure there's some outrage. I'm sure there will be some sort of public protest. But let's be honest, it helped that this happened in May. By basketball season there'll be ten other stories people are already following and upset about.

It helped big time that he has an amazing recruiting class coming in.

Don't watch the View but I'm guessing they express their opinions without using language that which has basically been banned universally.

My example...every single network is bleeping/using symbols to coverup what Huggy said when reporting it.

SOB, if I say it I usually say all the words. But I don’t use foul language much even when alone I catch myself saying “fudge”🥴

Don’t forget the Host also a devout Catholic and Prominent Xavier Alum! Was hilarious,even Willie told Bob he was The Best!! The little flaming queer former City Council Member Chris Squeelbach said he didn’t think Bob would have the courage to say that to his queer face! Squeelbach clearly knows more about Peter Puffing than he does about Bob Huggins and courage!

You will have the Left appalled that Huggy wasn’t fired and blame the Right

You will have the Right appalled that their free speech is being taken away and blame the Left

Both despise one another and neither can think clearly. Both are complete nut jobs.
That's probably the most accurate post on Yappi yesterday.

Don’t forget the Host also a devout Catholic and Prominent Xavier Alum! Was hilarious,even Willie told Bob he was The Best!! The little flaming queer former City Council Member Chris Squeelbach said he didn’t think Bob would have the courage to say that to his queer face! Squeelbach clearly knows more about Peter Puffing than he does about Bob Huggins and courage!
I would probably say that Huggins would be happy to drive 5 hours from Morgantown to Cincinnati and tell Sealbach to his face whatever he wanted to say. Again we are in a time now where the left can say anything they want with little to no repercussions, and they also want to tell everyone else what they can and can't say? Remember when gays only wanted to be accepted and not treated badly? Now they not only want that, they want us to change our opinions on their lifestyles.

I would probably say that Huggins would be happy to drive 5 hours from Morgantown to Cincinnati and tell Sealbach to his face whatever he wanted to say. Again we are in a time now where the left can say anything they want with little to no repercussions, and they also want to tell everyone else what they can and can't say? Remember when gays only wanted to be accepted and not treated badly? Now they not only want that, they want us to change our opinions on their lifestyles.
Squeelbach would piss his pants! Squeelbach just a Pole Smoking, Trash talking little Flaming Biatch!

Squeelbach would piss his pants! Squeelbach just a Pole Smoking, Trash talking little Flaming Biatch!

I have no idea who this Sealbach individual is but I bet Huggy would drive to Cincy & apologize on air in a second if it would put this all behind him. If one works a 8 hour shift and says what Huggins did at the local watering hole - some may not like it or think the guys is an but nothing would happen. However, one can not be a public figurehead and one of the 5 highest paid PUBLIC employees in the state of WV and say/do what Huggy did. It’s wrong & Hugging’s knows this. Huggy has made millions and for the most part can do whatever he wants to for the rest of his life. Huggy simply wants to coach basketball and there is only one person who has put that in jeopardy - that was Bob Huggins.

Last edited: