#7 Tippecanoe (9-2) vs #15 Alter (6-5)

Who wins?

• Tippecanoe

Votes: 37 52.1%
    Votes: 34 47.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont have a dog in this fight but have utmost respect for winning programs. How anyone can pick against the Knights in playoff football makes me wonder. Until your program has played on the last weekend of the season you really have no clue what it takes. I am sure Alter's staff and players have a standard that 5-5 is not quite what they are about. To tag CJ the way they did in the season finale lets me know they are not yet ready to turn in the equipment. I have no idea who is the better team between Tipp and Alter but it is foolish to think Alter won't be prepared. I can guarantee that the last team Badin wants to play in this region is Alter and they handled them 31-0. Not sure how many CJ Hicks type dudes are in region 12.

If alters offensive wakes the hell up this week they have an honest chance if not they will be in for a long game
If the Alter offense performs how the play against CJ they will win. With how the defense play against Monroe Alter should have no problem winning that ball game!

Seeing Alter play Friday night they performed poorly in my opinion. They should have run all over Monroe. They where missing key blocks left and right tipp will exploit the crap out of this if alter played like they did on Friday. I was not impressed with key player such as Derrick Sheppard who should have beat the entire Monroe defensive line but he preceded to let some guy who was 100 pounds lighter than him kick his . If Alter gives the poor effort they did again this Friday it will be a short playoff run for the knights.
Although overall Alter played poorly there were some bright spots on the team especially the D-line.

I agree alters d line did well, but defense is only half the game. Alter has to put up points if they want to win this game. There defense can’t bail them out all the time.
This is true but of any team Alter is the team to beat Tipp. They have time and time again bounced back. Sitting at 2-5 they pulled themselves together and won out and made it in to the playoff. I have no doubt that they will bounce back and dominate.

You guys act like the past will affect the game on Friday. What has happened in the past has no influence on this game. Alter has a great history, I just think Tipp is a better team.
Tipp is averaging 37 points a game while only giving up 13 points a game. They have a great running game with 3 good RBs and unlike in years past, they are not one dimensional and have a good passing game. They’ve blown out 4 other playoff teams and their two losses are against Bellbrook and Piqua, two teams that could go far in the playoffs.

Last edited:
You guys act like the past will affect the game on Friday. What has happened in the past has no influence on this game. Alter has a great history, I just think Tipp is a better team.
Tipp is averaging 37 points a game while only giving up 13 points a game. They have a great running game with 3 good RBs and unlike in years past, they are not one dimensional and have a good passing game. They’ve blown out 4 other playoff teams and their two losses are against Bellbrook and Piqua, two teams that could go far in the playoffs.
Blowing out four playoff teams in a year everyone makes the playoff that has a pulse is not that impressive ?

I was not overly impressed with what I saw Friday from Alter. Monroe is just okay on defense, nothing special but they handled the Alter rushing attack well holding Stone to 78 yards on 26 carries and only giving up 10 points with both scores coming after long returns on a short field. Alter has won four in a row and they have played a tough schedule and honestly I don't know a lot about Tipp, but I have to believe Alter will have to play much better this week if they hope to advance.

The way Alter played against Monroe doesn’t reflect how they have played the past three weeks. If Alter gets back to how they played against CJ and the past week they will beat Tipp.
Alter actually went against good competition and barely won. Watching them play Friday made me feel like they where just happy to be there. They seem like they have no motivation to play.

No one in region 12 has played anywhere close to the schedule Alter has this season. We will all find out Friday night if any of it matters.
You got that right. Brutal schedule, but I think it benefits them. Alter in an "upset".

Credit to Monroe for the type of game they gave Alter in Week 11. With that being said, I was surprised to see that win be that close for Alter. I would expect Tipp City to be a step up in competition in Week 12. I would expect this to be another close, hard fought battle.

Credit to Monroe for the type of game they gave Alter in Week 11. With that being said, I was surprised to see that win be that close for Alter. I would expect Tipp City to be a step up in competition in Week 12. I would expect this to be another close, hard fought battle.
Agreed. Tipp is a slight upgrade on the front line from Monroe, but an upgrade nonetheless. I believe Monroe had a better backfield than Tipp City will, but with their 2nd half loss of Jackson, I think that shows how Tipp will move the ball. Alter did have trouble on the front line in the first half, on both sides of the ball. Though penalties didn't help. Alter seemed to step up their act in the 2nd half of the game, and if that carries into this week, I see Alter taking this one.

Alter 24- Tipp 7

Isn't there supposed to be a moderator or someone to get these trolls off the site. I mean they have no respect for the game and come on here to try to stir the pot. I mean read their names and look at when they joined. I guess they have nothing better to do than this because they don't play or their team is already out. A complete embarrassment to high school football.
Just Ignore them, and talk football. Any Tipp fans here?

Isn't there supposed to be a moderator or someone to get these trolls off the site. I mean they have no respect for the game and come on here to try to stir the pot. I mean read their names and look at when they joined. I guess they have nothing better to do than this because they don't play or their team is already out. A complete embarrassment to high school football.
Honestly man, it makes this site not fun to discuss real topics because of all these young trolls. Anyone know the moderator that can get them banned? If so, please alert them about this.

I posted earlier in the thread as well, but I feel like it'll be a close one. It's really hard to gauge it exactly since Tipp so rarely plays a program with the individual talent of Alter.
I think Tipp gets it done in this one. I won't predict a score but I think Tipp will give Alter's defense some problems. Especially with the addition of the younger running back(can't think of his name) alongside Everhart who is a load to bring down. Plus with the added dimension of the pass threat I think they ultimately will score more than Alter. I have been impressed with Alter turning their season around from a slow start but I do think their run ends Friday. Good luck to both teams.

I think Tipp gets it done in this one. I won't predict a score but I think Tipp will give Alter's defense some problems. Especially with the addition of the younger running back(can't think of his name) alongside Everhart who is a load to bring down. Plus with the added dimension of the pass threat I think they ultimately will score more than Alter. I have been impressed with Alter turning their season around from a slow start but I do think their run ends Friday. Good luck to both teams.
I think Alter's defense will be much more stout than you think. I don't think you'll ever see an Alter team get physically dominated down the field. Alter's deep score threats will have to make some plays for the knights if they want to be in control.

I think Alter's defense will be much more stout than you think. I don't think you'll ever see an Alter team get physically dominated down the field. Alter's deep score threats will have to make some plays for the knights if they want to be in control.
You may very well be right. I have not seen Alter play live this year and have only seen Tipp once. Overall, I was impressed with what I saw from Tipp offensively.

If you use the Monroe game as a gauge you can get fooled by the final score. Alter shot itself with a number of dumb penalties which halted drives and deflated the score differential.Granted Monroe was w/o its star runnung back but then again he got rocked, wasn't like cramps. Monroe got about 40 yds total in the 2nd half. Difference was specials teams @ 100 yds of returns plus kicking. Monroe played relatively mistake free w 1 penalty whereas Alter had 9. Keys to the game IMO are the quality and depth of Tipp backs and whether or not Alter can coach out the bonehead penalties.

If you use the Monroe game as a gauge you can get fooled by the final score. Alter shot itself with a number of dumb penalties which halted drives and deflated the score differential.Granted Monroe was w/o its star runnung back but then again he got rocked, wasn't like cramps. Monroe got about 40 yds total in the 2nd half. Difference was specials teams @ 100 yds of returns plus kicking. Monroe played relatively mistake free w 1 penalty whereas Alter had 9. Keys to the game IMO are the quality and depth of Tipp backs and whether or not Alter can coach out the bonehead penalties.
Alter just needs to limit there dumb mistakes if they want to win this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.