2024 Massillon Tigers

Yeah those were some of my favorite games to attend
I have attended many Massillon games in my life as a lifetime high school football fan. I am 67 years old. Matter of fact I like high school and college football more than the nfl. One game that stands out in my mind and I don't recall the year but Massillon played Mentor. It was a shootout. Mentor won like 52 to 46 or some crazy score like that. I just remember Massillon had a running back that night that ran for like 350 yards and scored like 6 touchdowns. I believe Mentor's quarterback Trubinsky that night recently played for the Chicago Bears. Some of my facts maybe a little off. It was a great game to watch.

I have attended many Massillon games in my life as a lifetime high school football fan. I am 67 years old. Matter of fact I like high school and college football more than the nfl. One game that stands out in my mind and I don't recall the year but Massillon played Mentor. It was a shootout. Mentor won like 52 to 46 or some crazy score like that. I just remember Massillon had a running back that night that ran for like 350 yards and scored like 6 touchdowns. I believe Mentor's quarterback Trubinsky that night recently played for the Chicago Bears. Some of my facts maybe a little off. It was a great game to watch.

Think it was 2006 Tigers lost to Mentor 56- 52 Massillon's running back Torrance rushed for about 280 yards but didn't score 6 TD's I remember that Yoder kid scored on a 20 yard run. His touchdown came too quick and gave Mentor time to score the winning TD, but that was a could of should of thing. Not sure how we could have guessed he would have scored.

Think it was 2006 Tigers lost to Mentor 56- 52 Massillon's running back Torrance rushed for about 280 yards but didn't score 6 TD's I remember that Yoder kid scored on a 20 yard run. His touchdown came too quick and gave Mentor time to score the winning TD, but that was a could of should of thing. Not sure how we could have guessed he would have scored.
Torrence played for the Tigers in 07. In 06 Gamble was the running back.

Yes, I may have this game confused with another game because I thought the running back was a kid named Travis Mcguire

Gamble, yes he had a big night. Really talented running back.

I am confused , yes I had the wrong year. The 2006 Mentor game Gamble was the running back he scored 1 TD and rushed for 115 years in 26 carries. Tigers 7 - Mentor 29.

Travis McGuire's final season was 1991 he had a 300 yard game against McK.

I am confused , yes I had the wrong year. The 2006 Mentor game Gamble was the running back he scored 1 TD and rushed for 115 years in 26 carries. Tigers 7 - Mentor 29.

Travis McGuire's final season was 1991 he had a 300 yard game against McK.
I guess it was Torrence then because I know it was the 56 to 52 game against Mentor. Neither teams defense could make any stops. It basically came down to who had the ball last.

This was the high scoring game.

https://massillontigers.com/2007/09/21/2007-Massillon-52-mentor-56/
Clearly I don’t know how to post a link anymore.

Last edited:

I work with a kid that played for Mentor in that game, 2007. Mentor's QB was Bart Tanski

Was he the one that went in and out of the title game a couple of times after getting clobbered. He just kept coming.
No that kid was the basketball coaches son Kerzancic or something like that. He was knocked out cold and they put back in a few minutes later

I guess it was Torrence then because I know it was the 56 to 52 game against Mentor. Neither teams defense could make any stops. It basically came down to who had the ball last.

I saw that game with my Dad. When Mentor got the ball back after the quick touchdown by the Tigers it was clear neither defense could stop the other offense. I told my Dad we should try to strip the ball away from their ball carriers and not try to tackle them. Either get the turn over or get the ball back so we could score again. That was probably the wildest football game I’ve ever seen.

No that kid was the basketball coaches son Kerzancic or something like that. He was knocked out cold and they put back in a few minutes later
Correct and the kid they put in for a couple plays was my doctors son who was a scholarship baseball player and the way they were hitting people I know his old man was tightening up for a couple minutes hoping they wouldn't rip his kids arm out of the socket before Kerzancic could go back in.. That was a great game. Mentor has been on the wrong end of things in state finals, that hilliard davidson's game where they lost in overtime was tough... Hilliard fumbled he ball in OT but recovered it right before the mentor kid could grab it, then hilliard scored on next play

Great guy too. One of the best
Speaking of Gamble, the freshman Braylon Gamble, what relation is he to Brian? Doesn't look like Brylon is on the football roster any longer on Hudl. He's also not on the Massillon football website with all the other freshman that were added.. Too bad if that's the case he looked to be pretty talented