2023 TRC football

It should be a hard fought game. MU crushed a team (Bethel) that took the Pirates to the final minute, and Riverside crushed a team (Northridge) that did the same to the Dogs. Gonna be one of those ole fashioned who wants it more type games. Hard to think either team has a hard time finding the motivation. If these two schools keep up with this consistency we may have a nice little football rivalry brewing, assuming that may have been planned since this has been a Week 10 championship game two years running.

One score game, either team could win, but my homer pick is..

Milton-Union 23
Riverside 20

I think Milton wins by a score like others are suggesting. I think the weather, the importance of the game, Milton is used to big games....and BEA are the deciding factors here. All the making for a good ol' slobber knocker right here.

Is Platfoot, the Riverside Qb, playing tonight ?
He got some sentimental senior night snaps. First offensive play, a handoff to Stotler. Also came in for victory formation. Looked like he was jogging on and off the field okay. Crazy when thinking he just dislocated his ankle 3 weeks ago.

What a great finish to the season for the Pirates! Offensively they weren't afraid to mix things up and open that playbook! Defensively though they held the Bulldogs to 0 they really weren't that impressive (more of a Bulldog issue). As for the Bulldogs, that #11 is truly impressive and you can see he gives it his all! Unfortunately running the same "42 Trap" for 40 years is catching up, Defensively the Bulldogs looked okay and they could've kept them in the game if the offense side could get rolling.

What a great finish to the season for the Pirates! Offensively they weren't afraid to mix things up and open that playbook! Defensively though they held the Bulldogs to 0 they really weren't that impressive (more of a Bulldog issue). As for the Bulldogs, that #11 is truly impressive and you can see he gives it his all! Unfortunately running the same "42 Trap" for 40 years is catching up, Defensively the Bulldogs looked okay and they could've kept them in the game if the offense side could get rolling.
Seems like a St. Henry fan trying to tell themselves they’ll be fine against Riverside.

Seems like a St. Henry fan trying to tell themselves they’ll be fine against Riverside.
No, St Henry has not been very good in years. Though i am SHHS Alum i enjoy all Miami Valley Sports. (especially with the new livestreaming) Also the MAC compared to the TRC.. cmon eh

Last edited:
Far cry from your posts 7-8 weeks ago. Prime example of why you shouldn't come on a message board and publicly blast a group of teenage HS boys and their coaches, I'm sure everyone in West Milton looks forward to your posts and is glad you're back on the bandwagon.

Best of luck to the Pirates tonight!
Hmmm. Well, I have been saying all year that Riverside is the favorite. But I’m glad you got to set me straight…like your opinion, or anyone on here, matters.
I said that Pearce is a great coach and I haven’t talked poorly of anyone. But you don’t impress me with your posts in the OHC. Most posters over there laugh at you.

Hmmm. Well, I have been saying all year that Riverside is the favorite. But I’m glad you got to set me straight…like your opinion, or anyone on here, matters.
I said that Pearce is a great coach and I haven’t talked poorly of anyone. But you don’t impress me with your posts in the OHC. Most posters over there laugh at you.
I’m a funny guy. 🤷‍♂️

most of us have much respect for Color. he’s a great poster.

I’m really impressed with what Miami East was able to do this season. I have a lot of respect for what Coach Current did during his tenure, but Coach Folkertsma really has his guys playing well. I heard they have Bill Nees’ youngest son as an assistant too. That’s a pretty strong coaching staff. It sounds like they are building something strong out there.

Region 28
16 Tri County North @ 1 Marion Local
15 Lockland @ 2 Ansonia
14 St. Henry @ 3 Riverside
13 New Bremen @ 4 Cincinnati College Prep
12 Bradford @ 5 Minster
11 Fort Loramie @ 6 Southeastern
10 Mechanicsburg @ 7 St. Bernard Elmwood Place
9 Lehman Catholic @ 8 Cedarville

Region 24
16 Dixie @ 1 Williamsburg
15 Troy Christian @ 2 Versailles
14 Dayton Christian @ 3 Cincy Country Day
13 Valley @ 4 West Liberty Salem
12 National Trail @ 5 Tri Village
11 Parkway @ 6 Paint Valley
10 Deer Park @ 7 Twin Valley South
9 Allen East @ 8 Anna

Region 20
16 Westfall @ 1 Valley View
15 Carlisle @ 2 Waynesville
14 Miami East @ 3 Brookville
13 Madison @ 4 Zane Trace
12 Madeira @ 5 Purcell Marian
11 Preble Shawnee @ 6 Milton Union
10 Greeneview @ 7 Northeastern
9 Blanchester @ 8 Bethel Tate

Did not realize Troy Christian got in until I looked at Joe's site this morning.

Any chance they get by Versailles? Three of Versailles coaches come from TC so that likely gives them a slight edge.

Anyway, congrats to all who play on this week.

Did not realize Troy Christian got in until I looked at Joe's site this morning.

Any chance they get by Versailles? Three of Versailles coaches come from TC so that likely gives them a slight edge.

And TCs coach played for those Versailles coaches too.

That said, TC's season comes to an end this week. But good for them to return to the playoffs and also good for their young coach.

There’s a better chance of you hitting the 50/50 of every single HS football game. Versailles will have starters pulled after the half. Good for TC to return to the playoffs again but 0% chance they hang around let alone win this one.

He’s one of the worst on here in terms of temperament when it comes to his posts
I don’t post much on here but what I saw was Color attacking BEA. I’m not sure, but I think most of us would react the same way. Too many personal attacks on here for a high school football board. BEA has posted and been pretty good to me. Seems like there’s some personal issue here between the two.
I thought this was about high school football and not high school grudges. They need to take this offline. Just my opinion.
I think Riverside, MU and Lehman make it to the 2nd round. Pretty strong for this league.